• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Maumelle advances in the Holiday Classic

Started by Hornet Pride, December 27, 2016, 11:02:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet Pride

Hornets won 1st game vs Van Buren 67-30. Next game tomorrow vs Dekaney out of Houston. Will be a big test for the Hornets. Dekaney is ranked 27th in the country.

Hornet Pride

Maumelle 70-68 we just beat the 27th ranked team in the country. Way to go.....Hornet Pride

Chief_Osceola™

Nice!  Keep us updated on the rest of the tournament.  When is the team going to North Carolina?

Hornet Pride

Maumelle did not go to North Carolina.. they switched to this tourney.

WPWells

Hornet Pride

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Hornet Pride on December 28, 2016, 04:20:39 pm
Maumelle did not go to North Carolina.. they switched to this tourney.

Oh ok. Sounds like this is a good tournament too. Hopefully they go out and win it.

jrhall2

The North Carolina tournament was canceled I heard Powerade pulled their sponsorship from it.

Hornet Pride

Powerade did pull out.. but they still had the tourney.

Hornet Pride

Maumelle vs West Memphis @ 5pm for a trip to the finals

Hornet Pride

Quote from: Hornet Pride on December 29, 2016, 07:22:10 am
Maumelle vs West Memphis @ 5pm for a trip to the finals

Maumelle 67 west Memphis 56

Play in the finals tomorrow at 6:30

Chief_Osceola™

The Life Prep Academy has some impressive scores. That will be a tough matchup too in the finals.

Hornet Pride

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on December 29, 2016, 07:15:09 pm
The Life Prep Academy has some impressive scores. That will be a tough matchup too in the finals.

Yes they look good and are very big.. but they should be being a prep school. With 5 of there kids being 20 years old and already out of high school

WPWells

mijally

Chief_Osceola™

Not bad considering they were playing essentially a college team.  Hopefully the momentum carries over to conference play.

mijally

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 02, 2017, 11:37:52 am
Not bad considering they were playing essentially a college team.  Hopefully the momentum carries over to conference play.
I don't understand the Prep school concept. I gotta do some research and see what it is about. Maybe someone can give me the basic breakdown on their purpose. I did notice the tournament MVP was a senior at Lee Summit high school last year but reclassified to 2017. I don't know what that means.

BigLion10

A lot of players go to a prep school for a extra year after they graduate instead of college for experience then go to college the next year

mijally

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 02, 2017, 04:53:43 pm
A lot of players go to a prep school for a extra year after they graduate instead of college for experience then go to college the next year
Is the purpose to complete high school requirements for a diploma or help get eligible for college? 

BigLion10

Eligibility most of the time instead of going the juco route

mijally

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 02, 2017, 06:05:22 pm
Eligibility most of the time instead of going the juco route
Ok. Thanks.  I was wonderng what was the difference from juco.

Rocket23

Good game coming up Tueaday night to see how LRCA stacks up against Maumelle.  Play Tuesday night at LRCA.

mijally

I agree. I'm gonna try and make this game. Two bigs in the paint. 6-9 vs 6-10. Caleb and Ibrahim. The good thing about the games with the central district is they don't mean anything for either team so both can let it all hang out.  Play for pride and entertain the fans.

AirWarren

Maumelle folks, I'm thinking about coming out to the Hornets game this Friday night. Pending weather. What time does it start? It says 5pm. I found that odd since back in Warren most senior boy games started at 730?

Chief_Osceola™

There will probably be a JV game, then the girls game, then the boys. I'd say if you get there around 6:30 you'll be good.

AirWarren

jrhall2

No JV game just senior girls and senior boys is what I heard.

Chief_Osceola™

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on January 05, 2017, 01:48:12 pm
OK maybe be there before 6:30 then. 

Maybe the Hornets will give us a good show tmrw night. Pending the snow storm of the century.

mijally

Quote from: AirWarren on January 05, 2017, 08:50:01 pm
Maybe the Hornets will give us a good show tmrw night. Pending the snow storm of the century.
Jacksonville is very good and playing very well right now.  This won't be easy. If we don't play our best well get beat.

AirWarren

Chief_Osceola™

Probably so since Maumelle didn't go to school today.  The roads are completely clear though.

AirWarren

Yeah. They were a little rough this morning. But by 1130, nothing. Odom and Maumelle Blvd looked good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas