• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Finals Attendance

Started by Brian G, December 10, 2016, 09:42:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjackfan1978

Need to change the goal post out for the state championship games because it is a disadvantage for a team that kicks all season long and never attempts a two point conversion

OB11

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on December 15, 2016, 10:14:25 am
Need to change the goal post out for the state championship games because it is a disadvantage for a team that kicks all season long and never attempts a two point conversion

So should they keep them up if Catholic was playing in the finals? 

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 15, 2016, 10:07:47 am
Sure, do you still think they shouldn't change something they can control?

How much does it cost to switch them out? Why is this year the "crying wolf" year? You would think the schools, which control the AAA would put that in their contract with WMS if it was a concern to the membership, correct?

AT

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 10:47:37 am
How much does it cost to switch them out? Why is this year the "crying wolf" year? You would think the schools, which control the AAA would put that in their contract with WMS if it was a concern to the membership, correct?

I'm not sure how much it costs to switch them out. Should be taken into account. Yes it should be if they are concerned.

"Crying wolf" implies crying about something that doesn't exist or matter. This obviously exists. Doesn't matter when the complaint starts if it's a legitimate complaint.

AT

Quote from: OB11 on December 15, 2016, 10:16:15 am
So should they keep them up if Catholic was playing in the finals?

No, they should change them and Catholic should feel golden.

WPWells

IMO they should have high school goalposts all the time and change them out the one week out of the year that Arkansas plays there. That would make more sense.

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 15, 2016, 11:02:09 am
I'm not sure how much it costs to switch them out. Should be taken into account. Yes it should be if they are concerned.

"Crying wolf" implies crying about something that doesn't exist or matter. This obviously exists. Doesn't matter when the complaint starts if it's a legitimate complaint.

Why was it just a legitimate complaint this year? Where have you been the last however many years? I've never heard of anyone complaining about the goalposts before last week, now it's entirely possible I've missed it. I wonder what other states do that play NFHS rules at college stadiums, I guess they switch them all out.

ricepig

Quote from: WPWells on December 15, 2016, 11:14:41 am
IMO they should have high school goalposts all the time and change them out the one week out of the year that Arkansas plays there. That would make more sense.

What about when UAPB or AB JUCO plays there, if they should do?

WPWells

What if they made a rule that in the state championship you can only pass the ball and then you got a game between PA who runs the spread and Wynne who runs an option game? It's fair because both teams use the same rules, but it sure changes the game.

ricepig

Quote from: WPWells on December 15, 2016, 11:18:16 am
What if they made a rule that in the state championship you can only pass the ball and then you got a game between PA who runs the spread and Wynne who runs an option game? It's fair because both teams use the same rules, but it sure changes the game.

Did they know that all year, like the goalposts not having changed in 30+ years?

AT

Once again, the timing of the complaint does not matter as long as it is legitimate. 

I haven't complained about it. Doesn't make me lose any sleep at night. I just stand behind the fact they should change the goal posts because it is something that can be controlled and reflects the game equipment that 99 percent of Arkansas high schools use.

AT

I motion to make the title of this thread "The Great Stadium Goalposts Debate"

Rulesman

The price of goal posts isn't cheap. Besides the potential legal liability, why do you think schools have an army of personnel protecting them when there is a chance of fans rushing the field?

WPWells

Quote from: Rulesman on December 15, 2016, 04:05:01 pm
The price of goal posts isn't cheap. Besides the potential legal liability, why do you think schools have an army of personnel protecting them when there is a chance of fans rushing the field?

Lame argument. That argument has already been put to bed. There's no reason they couldn't afford it.

cuckoobird

I rarely ever agree with rice but he's right on this one. It's the same for both teams. If you are going to make a goal post argument then perhaps you should throw turf in there too. Some teams don't play on turf all year but they will in the championship game. Smh

AT

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 15, 2016, 07:24:26 pm
I rarely ever agree with rice but he's right on this one. It's the same for both teams. If you are going to make a goal post argument then perhaps you should throw turf in there too. Some teams don't play on turf all year but they will in the championship game. Smh

Replacing turf: Not feasible

Goalposts: Feasible.

Very simple.

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 15, 2016, 09:21:08 pm
Replacing turf: Not feasible

Goalposts: Feasible.

Very simple.

Looks, like you can purchase some adjustable for WMS for $6500, start a Gofundme........

AT

Quote from: ricepig on December 15, 2016, 09:26:40 pm
Looks, like you can purchase some adjustable for WMS for $6500, start a Gofundme........

Translation: I've lost any argument against this.

Brian G

The AAA just added to their payroll.  They are sitting on a wad of cash  If WMS doesn't want to or won't, the AAA can go 50/50.

RazorHog13

Quote from: B.G. on December 15, 2016, 09:30:32 pm
The AAA just added to their payroll.  They are sitting on a wad of cash  If WMS doesn't want to or won't, the AAA can go 50/50.

The AAA is the NCAA on a High School level.  Cash Cow out for the money...

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 15, 2016, 09:30:09 pm
Translation: I've lost any argument against this.

You have, you shouldn't give up so easy.

AT

ricepig

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 15, 2016, 09:38:59 pm
+1

My point about it not being an unfair advantage still stands, IMO. The part about the AAA or WMS swapping them out is a different matter.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas