• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 2... Bryant at Harber

Started by Razorback Red, November 11, 2016, 10:10:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Some matchups are just tough and I think this is one of them for Bryant.  They will have to play a very physical game for 4Q's and it's hard to do against a very strong and disciplined team like Harber. 

I think Bryant will have to be creative and get guys in space to move the ball. 

Sometimes the bye is tough on teams, so I think it takes about a half to get going, but I'll say Harber wins by 17 at home.

PA Dad

PA scrimmaged Bryant this year and I was not impressed with Bryant.  But Buck James has them moving in the right direction and they are much better than they were early in the year.

But, I don't think they can hang with Harber.  I think 17 points is a reasonable spread.

Walter

Bryant was bad in the earlier part of the season but has made great strides during the year. New coach and new system has been tough on the players but they have grown. Bryant's defense is their strength. NLR showed that they are not tough enough yet. You never know what will happen though that is why we play the games.

Moody

Last year PA beat bryant in a scrimmage and bryant had a great season. Fayetteville squeaked past them to go on and win the title. This year against NLR Bryant's defensive leader was injured and didn't play. If the offense performes Harber will have all they want. Makes for an interesting game.

Razorback Red

Quote from: SardisHog on November 12, 2016, 09:25:44 am
Bryant was bad in the earlier part of the season but has made great strides during the year. New coach and new system has been tough on the players but they have grown. Bryant's defense is their strength. NLR showed that they are not tough enough yet. You never know what will happen though that is why we play the games.

I agree, the last couple of years Bryant has gotten stronger as the season has gone on.  They have been a tough out in the playoffs, but ultimately lost close games to overall better teams.  They have to get over the hump (like a few other teams) by beating one of the big 3 from the West on the road in the playoffs.  For those of you who don't follow the West closely, that is a difficult task.  Other than those 3 teams beating each other, they don't lose much. 

I fully expect Bryant to have a great game plan and to execute well, but Harber's front  line is massive and they wear teams down.  It will take Bryant's best game of the season, and would certainly make a statement if they pull the upset. 

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 13, 2016, 08:20:02 am
I agree, the last couple of years Bryant has gotten stronger as the season has gone on.  They have been a tough out in the playoffs, but ultimately lost close games to overall better teams.  They have to get over the hump (like a few other teams) by beating one of the big 3 from the West on the road in the playoffs.  For those of you who don't follow the West closely, that is a difficult task.  Other than those 3 teams beating each other, they don't lose much. 

I fully expect Bryant to have a great game plan and to execute well, but Harber's front  line is massive and they wear teams down.  It will take Bryant's best game of the season, and would certainly make a statement if they pull the upset.
Harber's front was definitely the highlight of their defense in the Fayetteville game. The weeknesses I saw were their passing game and secondary. To their credit Fayetteville's passing game makes everyone secondary look average at best.

Rob Van Winkle

Bryant has a couple of outstanding running backs. Should be a good match-up going against the HB front 7.

businesstron

I think Bryant will punch them in the mouth early and give Harber more of a game then they were anticipating but Harber will win in the end.

PA Dad

Red, we were both way off on this game.

I might not have been impressed with Bryant preseason, but I'm impressed now.

sportsguy80

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2016, 09:58:53 pm

I thought it would be a long shot for Bryant. After watching HB play I saw some flaws that good coaches would expose. Congrats to the Hornets. It will be an interesting rematch with NLR.

Razorback Red

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2016, 09:58:53 pm

Agreed.  I'll admit when I am wrong and I was very wrong on this one.  Another tough matchup awaits Bryant next week, but I'm not counting them out. 

AirWarren

Bryant and benton both showed out. Congrats to both teams.

Coates and Hefley seem to be coming on.

Rob Van Winkle

Big time props to Bryant. I was at the game and they just made plays when they had too. They took advantage of Harber's miscues early and had a great defensive game plan. Load the box and force HB to throw knowing they would get some big plays but also knowing there would be mistakes made.

HB had opportunities as well but just couldn't capitalize and dig themselves a hole that was too deep to get out of. Once again give Bryant all the credit for making plays when they had too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas