• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Same ole same ole West wins another title

Started by Billyo62, October 27, 2016, 06:03:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Billyo62

Same ole same ole West wins another title.

Other than NLR who can overcome the bests of the west to win it all.. I think NONE!

Anyone disagree  if so Why?

STBruin

NLR is looking really good...and it only takes one...

businesstron

You never know.  This could be the year. The west this year is the weakest I've seen almost in 7 or 8 years.  It's top heavy with Fayetteville Harber and Bentonville but I could see a team like NLR making a run at them.   

I don't think that will happen though primarily because at least Fayettville and Harber have a good front 7 on defense.  Bentonville is traditionally good in that area as well as well but I haven't seen them play this year so I'm not sure with them.   

But NLR kind of plays into what they want to do.  I think though a NLR vs Fayetteville game would look a little bit like Blue Springs/Fayetteville game earlier this year.    NLR's coach is savy enough to mix up his play book to call a few effective passes.   

I don't really think this is the year but I think a Central team could possible win at least one in the next 4 or 5 years.

sportsguy80

Quote from: businesstron on October 28, 2016, 09:22:53 am
You never know.  This could be the year. The west this year is the weakest I've seen almost in 7 or 8 years.  It's top heavy with Fayetteville Harber and Bentonville but I could see a team like NLR making a run at them.   

I don't think that will happen though primarily because at least Fayettville and Harber have a good front 7 on defense.  Bentonville is traditionally good in that area as well as well but I haven't seen them play this year so I'm not sure with them.   

But NLR kind of plays into what they want to do.  I think though a NLR vs Fayetteville game would look a little bit like Blue Springs/Fayetteville game earlier this year.    NLR's coach is savy enough to mix up his play book to call a few effective passes.   

I don't really think this is the year but I think a Central team could possible win at least one in the next 4 or 5 years.
To piggyback off of what you just said, in the past many of the games between central and west were won in the trenches. The west teams have always had very good lines and solid qb play along with very talented skill position players. I've been hearing that this year's NLR team is all around solid. Another factor in this playoff is that the Ft. Smith schools are in the central now so that gives them another team to add in the mix. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Billyo62

Quote from: businesstron on October 28, 2016, 09:22:53 am

"I think though a NLR vs Fayetteville game would look a little bit like Blue Springs/Fayetteville game earlier this year."

Blue Springs was Missing a few players in that game..  Mainly their superstar Running back who was suspended and had scored I think 7 touchdowns in their first two games.  What surprised me was the Bentonville win over Fayetteville.  Although I haven't seen Har-Ber in any way this year they may be the best of the west.  NLR ALWAYS has talent, maybe this year they can with coaching can overcome the best of the west.

For the 1st time I'm picking a team NOT from the West to Win.  NLR over HB if the Seeds work out that way.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 28, 2016, 06:49:10 pm
"I think though a NLR vs Fayetteville game would look a little bit like Blue Springs/Fayetteville game earlier this year."

Blue Springs was Missing a few players in that game..  Mainly their superstar Running back who was suspended and had scored I think 7 touchdowns in their first two games.  What surprised me was the Bentonville win over Fayetteville.  Although I haven't seen Har-Ber in any way this year they may be the best of the west.  NLR ALWAYS has talent, maybe this year they can with coaching can overcome the best of the west.

For the 1st time I'm picking a team NOT from the West to Win.  NLR over HB if the Seeds work out that way.

Looking at the bracket, if NS ends up the 2-seed, then the semi's will more than likely be:

Harber at NLR
NS/Bentonville at Fayetteville

Beardad

I'd love to see Northside and/or NLR in the championship. So sick of seeing the Bentonville/Fayetteville rematch.  I remember shortly after the Old Main/Northeast merger, NLR faded away. Once upon a time they were the largest school in the state and a laughingstock. Be cool for them to break through to WMS. Somewhere bad Brad could never get them to.

sportsguy80

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 29, 2016, 06:35:31 am
Looking at the bracket, if NS ends up the 2-seed, then the semi's will more than likely be:

Harber at NLR
NS/Bentonville at Fayetteville
I'm keeping my eye on a potential NS/Bentonville matchup. Both are loaded with talent.

mack

Aaaarrggghh.... The Billyo kiss of death😜

As Cubs fan, and NLR fan, I don't really get my hopes too high.  A championship would be great, but I want to be competitive every year.  The times we've beaten MWA teams, they're not at the top.  We've got to do it when they are.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on October 30, 2016, 01:37:33 pm
Aaaarrggghh.... The Billyo kiss of death😜

As Cubs fan, and NLR fan, I don't really get my hopes too high.  A championship would be great, but I want to be competitive every year.  The times we've beaten MWA teams, they're not at the top.  We've got to do it when they are.

MWA=Mid-West America??

mack

Beardad

Is it just me, or is this board just not that exciting?  I feel like it'd be much better with 32 teams......can we please go ahead and re-merge 6A & &A yet???  I know that the West would still win most of them....but who cares...16 team classifications are bo-ring...

businesstron

I was mad that RB missed that game.  But their backup was decent.  He only got the ball a couple of times in the first half but in the 2nd half he had like 150 yards rushing.   The whole flow of the game was that in the first half Fayetteville's front 7 pretty much controlled the run and Blue Springs QB played like Adam Smith moving the ball down the field on short efficient passes.  Fayetteville offense moved the ball but they kept making mistakes and turned it over.   

In the second half the games opened up with Blue Springs backup running back started gashing Fayetteville's defense.  Luckily Fayetteville's offense stopped turning the ball over and they won a pretty close game. 

From what I saw with NLR against Northside their execution is alot better.  I don't recall seeing any dumb mistakes all game.   I believe they have two good running backs and enough in the passing game to make teams take notice.   They also have some variety on offense.  I saw them line up in shotgun, I-formation, maybe a flex bone type formation and they might've even lined up in the pistol.  If them and Fayetteville play it will be a fun game to watch.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas