• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batman vs. Superman

Started by Black and Gold, March 23, 2016, 06:07:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Gold

Anyone going to check it out? My money is on Batman ;D

NEA Razorback olfan

So does this mean Superman and the Joker are going to team up ?? Lol

Longfellow

I'll take Wonder Woman in the second round

sevenof400

March 26, 2016, 11:44:44 am #3 Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:08:31 pm by sevenof400
I have reluctantly been drawn into this.  I can't believe this will be anywhere in the neighborhood of anywhere as good as the Marvel series.  I hope I'm wrong...

I should note, we are seeing it in 2D.

Black and Gold

I'm ready for the Marvel civil war movie. I know there's a new Thor movie coming next year

sevenof400

Without giving away any of the plot, this movie was awful.  And I say that even though I was expecting very little to begin with.

If you are considering whether or not to see this movie and you're considering 3D....don't waste the extra money to see it in 3D. 

Black and Gold

Was it acting? The plot? What was so bad?

Black and Gold

IMDB gave the movie a 9.4/10 while Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 29%

bdubyab60

March 27, 2016, 01:04:26 pm #8 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:31:50 pm by bdubyab60
I think a lot folks had high hopes for this movie. It does miss being great as I think they feared it more toward a set up movie for justice league.

Positives. The acting is fine, Affleck is awesome as batman. They have taken a darker turn on all the characters though. the movie looks great and the action is really good when it happens.

Negatives. May out weigh the positives. Luther should have been someone else, Eisenberg was horrible though he is the son and not Lex. The story is very thin. If you are not a fan of DC you will not understand a lot of the dream scenes and flash backs they put on to it it. It's very jumpy, no consistent flow to the movie and makes it feel crowded.

I'd give it a C+. Snyder seems to put together some very good looking scenes but his storytelling needs some work and it's what hurt this movie. That being said I'll probably go see it again just for the Batman aspect of it.

The Future

WARNING!! SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD
Not giving away plot details or endings or anything but I just want to make sure if someone hasn't seen the movie yet can have the option of skipping my post if they don't wanna read something they wish not to.

First off, Ben Affleck will prove a lot of naysayers wrong. He did a good job. Not great. But very good. The Batman they were portraying is an experienced aged Batman. To me he fit the bill of a Christian Bale Batman in 20 years. Even though he doesn't really look like a Bruce Wayne (well he did moreso than George Clooney) but he did look great in that Batsuit.

Someone mentioned earlier about Eisenberg not being a good Luther. I agree 100%. (yes the son I know lol)  He did a great job at portraying a genious madman type character. Almost kin to a Heath Ledger Joker in his mannerisms and expressions. But its the same issue I had with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool. Like Ryan, Jesse's typical movie is an adult comedy with sex, drugs, and 4 letter curse words. Can't really take him seriously as a DC supervillian. But nonetheless he didn't do a bad job.

Storyline wise I got lost. A lot. I know there were several, probably more than several, easter eggs or scenes that only diehard comic book nerds would have caught or understood. Just like in all the Marvel movies. That I understand and will pass. But so many times especially at the beginning, I was asking myself what was going on and how did I get here. Like if I was reading a book and started day dreaming and realized I don't remember the past 2 pages. Jumps around a lot.

I think having Doomsday in it added too much to fit in. They should have either made him the main storyline or waited til The Justice League movie to bring him in.

bdubyab60 said the negatives outway the postives most likely and I agree. I'm having trouble thinking of very positive specifics of this movie.
The final portion of the movie has plenty of action and is very entertaining and Wonder Woman is hot lol.

Overall I'd give it a C only because I'm the teacher that would round up a 68 or a 69 to a 70. But there is great potential. If done right and stuff is worked on, the Justice League movie could blow Marvel out of the water.

Its definitely worth a watch especially if youre a DC or superheros in general fan.

dc24

I thought it was awesome.  But I've never been big on these types of movies (super heroes and comics and the such), but was asked to go and really enjoyed it.  Maybe that's why I liked it so much since I don't have as much knowledge or much to compare it to, but I did enjoy it.

AirWarren

I usually make all these movies. However, I opted to sit this one out.

Captain America: Civil War. Now I will be there.

In my opinion, Superhero/comic book based movies are what is keeping the movie "industry" alive. Only so much sex jokes, sex, F bomb here, F bomb there that I can tolerate. It is a shame that is what America finds as leisure.

bdubyab60

It should be OK to spoil this by now. I did enjoy the movie myself. But I was wanting great and tempered my expectations after seeing reviews.

The Batman part of this movie is great. bu tto do another origin at the front of this movie took away from what this movie could have been even though it was one of the better done origins. We have seen it plenty time to move on from. What we need to know is, how come Batman is straight up killing bad guys now. I dont mind it because I know the different versions and the one scene where he bashes those dudes is awesome. They totally missed a chance for another great scene when Bats steals the kryptonite from Luther.

The Superman parts are good as well but Batman stole the show.

We understand why Batman wants to fight Superman but no real explanation of why Superman wants to fight too other than we have to have them fight. It is Batman V Superman after all. And dont give me Batman is killing folks because Superman is doing the same thing especially when someone has his girl. He will staight up smash you through a wall.

We never know why Luther is like he is. Why does he want to stop both of the heroes? never answered, all we know is he is a little off center. Then how the crap does he know Darkseid is coming? I mena I dont need everything explained but dong that important information we could have had instead of origins.

The flashbacks/dreams and the flash scene. Yep these just pop up out of no where. Why does Luther cut off Zods fingerprints to get in the ship? He has the body. Other than kidnapping Ms. Kent what does he really do to start the fight between Batman and Superman. Very thin there. They were going to fight regardless of Luther or not. But the entire fight could have been avoided by a little sitdown.

How the fight ended. Yep it ended stupid. MARTHA really. How about MOM. Look Bats go ahead and kill me, but save my mom. Hers names Martha Kent shes my mother save her. it doesnt work for me the other way.

Wonder Woman- Straight up HOT. Under used in this movie. We see her and shes BA but way under developed.

How they introduced the other movies and league members. A flash drive are you serious, though some of them were well done. Aquaman looked like pure cheese, they could have done that better.

Doomsday could have been done better but was Ok. They really should have saved that for another stand alone Man of Steel movie.

They made this a total set up movie because they are so far behind Marvel in getting the league together.

The good news is that they can still make the upcoming movies better, if they learn from this and there is now going to be a Batman movie with BA starring in it. Ill be waitning on that one for sure.

Next up is Captain America Civil War and reviews have been great. Ive seen some clips and it looks awesome.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas