• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Revenant

Started by Jacketman65, January 22, 2016, 09:52:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacketman65

Who has seen it and what did you think?

Personally, I thought it was a great movie.

Longfellow

Fantastic film! I think this movie could win a lot of awards, even in a big year like this one. Leonardo DiCaprio was great as usual, Tom Hardy played his role fantastically, great writing, great cinematography. I need to watch it again

Black and Gold

Saw a preview, but don't remember it. What exactly is it about without spoilers

Longfellow

Hugh Glass (DiCaprio) is mauled by a bear and then left for dead by a member of his hunting party (Tom Hardy). He survives in the wilderness while seeking revenge

bdubyab60

I liked it. A little slow at times but really good overall. Did anyone get cold while sitting while watching it.

Longfellow

Thinking back, I was cold the whole time I watched it. Especially the blizzard scene with the horse

Jacketman65

Don't know how they avoided frost bite back in those days, especially with their feet!  They had to be wet most of the time.

Valleysports

That's where I had issues with the film.  My Alaskan Bush background was very aware of the misconceptions and mistakes they made in their survival situation.  So I and my son just had to look at it as a story.  He was a cold stone dead man many times over.  That said.......

We enjoyed it a lot - my wife got up and walked out 20 min before the end though, during the hatchet hacking / knife wacking fight.  LOL. She didn't finish 300 either. 

bdubyab60

It's definitely Hollywooded up. It's based on the true events of Hugh Glass who basically survived a bear attack and crawled 200 plus miles to a fort. Took him 6 weeks and he got help from native Americans along the way as well. Wasn't quite the adventure Leo went through. But yeah there's several situations where he would have been a Popsicle. Still a good flick though.

Thinking about catching 13 hours but I feel my patriotism may make me angry knowing how and why that all went down.

Black and Gold

I'm with you bdubya. If you get time read the book Fearless. It's about a SEAL from Hot Springs.

Ridge Rat

Awesome movie. Even the wife loved it and she hates my kind of movies.

cotnhauler

Its a lot like a old movie from the 70's, I can't remember the name of it. Had Richard Harris and Walter Huston in it. They were pulling a big boat. Anyway I thought this was a loose remake of that. But I guess it was based on a novel.

Longfellow

You're thinking of Man in the Wilderness. It's about Hugh Glass, but they changed the names of the people.

InYoGrill

November 10, 2017, 10:09:23 pm #13 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:52:06 pm by InYoGrill
Good movie.

InYoGrill

November 10, 2017, 10:10:18 pm #14 Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:52:31 pm by InYoGrill
Crazy movie especially with that bear attack. Leonardo +1 acting job

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas