• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-2016 NCAA Basketball

Started by WPWells, December 03, 2015, 09:48:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

April 02, 2016, 07:16:15 pm #150 Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:18:41 pm by mtindian42
Nova blows threw ou like a tornado in a trailer park... Now only if the cuse can pull another upset... This will be a great night!

BrianfromCarlisle

Pretty amazing that Villanova is in the books with the 2 most prolific shooting games in ncaa tourney history. Congratulations.

AirWarren

What the heck was that "music" before the game? Absolute garbage.

mtindian42

Nova vs NC Monday night should be a good one

WPWells

mtindian42

Nova dose it... They are the NC congrats to the wildcats and jay wright

Longfellow

Got home with 1:30 left in the game. What a time to walk in for that game!

BrianfromCarlisle

What an amazing finish!  Maybe the best ending ever. That point guard for Villanova is a gamer man!

AirWarren

mtindian42

Quote from: mtindian42 on March 27, 2016, 12:55:32 pm
Who wins it all? I have nova cuting down the nets.
Quotenailed it

Redwolves8526

Definitely thought they would close out a lot quicker on Jenkins. That was way too good of a look for a buzzer beater. heck of a game though! Probably the best championship game I have ever seen matchup-wise. Those two shots at the end just put the icing on the cake.

beach bum

I didn't really know where to place this, but did anyone else see the tournament Arkansas was invited to in basketball. This is not for this coming season, but will be played in 2017. It is the Phil Knight Invitational to be played in Portland, Oregon. Us and Florida are the SEC teams that were invited. The other 14 teams that will be in the tournament are North Carolina, Duke, Michigan State, Oregon, Portland State, Portland University, Butler, UConn, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, and Texas...... That is a monster tournament to be invited too. I figure it will be played like the Maui Invitational where everyone is promised 3 games, but I imagine 4 games will be played no matter win or loss.

beach bum

I heard all this on the Paul Finebaum show. They had Mike Anderson on there today which I thought was great considering it is mid football season!

HorseFeathers

Drive time was talking about it, and said it would be 2 8 team tournaments? still a heckuva tournament...

beach bum

September 21, 2016, 07:55:04 pm #164 Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:56:45 pm by beach bum
Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 21, 2016, 07:41:55 pm
Drive time was talking about it, and said it would be 2 8 team tournaments? still a heckuva tournament...

That makes sense cause I had never heard of a tourney like that where they do 4 games in 4 days for just a regular season tournament and not like a conference tourney where you rarely also see the 4 in 4 when a cinderella makes a run..... just the 3 in 3 like the Maui for regular season tournaments.

Romeo

Its not being talked about much because its football season, but Mike Anderson is killing it in recruiting.

Longfellow

3 junior college guys, a 3-star, and 2 guys without stars. That's really killing it on recruiting. Call em blue bloods

Romeo

Quote from: Longfellow on September 21, 2016, 11:41:03 pm
3 junior college guys, a 3-star, and 2 guys without stars. That's really killing it on recruiting. Call em blue bloods

Apparently you haven't kept up with recent commitments.

HorseFeathers

Longfellow

Where are y'all getting these numbers from? ESPN shows one thing, 247 shows another

VHSCoach2

Arkansas will be a part of the inaugural Phil Knight Invitational Tournament in November 2017.

The 16 teams in it are Arkansas, Butler, Connecticut, Duke, Florida, Georgetown, Gonzaga, Michigan State, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Portland, Portland State, Stanford, and Texas.

14 top-tier programs and then Portland and Portland State (because the tournament is being held in Portland).

BrianfromCarlisle

Pretty simple.  Just look up Arkansas recruiting. 2017 class and 2018 classes are top classes nationally

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas