• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Mississippi State

Started by WPWells, November 17, 2015, 10:47:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2015, 08:42:58 am
Quote from: fastdrop on November 22, 2015, 08:30:29 am
Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2015, 08:25:00 am
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 07:50:41 am
The kicking game as a whole is bad. That's really my point here.

Worse than the defense against spread teams?
Prescott was 38-of-50 passing for 508 yards and five touchdowns with one interception plus 46 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground.

Prescott is a man among boys.

Yeah, I was there and the view from my seats had his stats posted all night long, thanks for bringing it up again, haha.
It was a very entertaining game. I enjoyed it for the most part. Sat on my rear end all day watching games. Crazy day of football. Parity is here.

fastdrop

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 08:46:06 am
I've already said our secondary is bad. Lol.
They are not bad. Offenses have evolved and there is no turning back. Notice Arkansas did not ground and pound. LSU - ground and pound - 3 straight losses because they have nothing else.

BrianfromCarlisle

BrianfromCarlisle

Valleysports

Oh I see, you weren't specifically talking about the Hog Kicker / blocked field goal at the end of this game, you were talking about as a whole for the entire season.  Sometimes we just misinterpret your post...

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 12:18:44 am
So badly need a kicker. People always discount the kicker. Until games like tonight. There is no confidence there. And to be honest , they should've went for the td. Take your chances with getting a good pass rush. Make Prescott beat you. Instead they lost on a fg miss.

Coach Venny Slocombe

This game is not on the kicker or the offense...this game is squarely on the defense...

I have been hard on BA but in the last 5 or 6 games there is not been many better in the country. I wish this kid had come on earlier. He played his butt off yesterday...

WPWells

+1 Venny

I think the defense will be better next year. We return nine starters on that side of the ball. I really like Kevin Richardson especially

bleudog

November 22, 2015, 02:20:26 pm #108 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 06:38:15 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2015, 12:02:03 am
...........It's like Bielema said after the game, if you can't make a 29yd FG, you don't deserve to win.

If a team scores half a hundred and doesn't leave with a W, the coach shouldn't mention his field goal team.

His offense was fun to watch though.

bleudog

November 22, 2015, 02:37:12 pm #109 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:38:43 pm by bleudog
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 22, 2015, 12:45:23 pm
+1 Venny

I think the defense will be better next year. We return nine starters on that side of the ball. I really like Kevin Richardson especially

Doesn't fit exactly, but here's John McKay's quote on the significance of experience,  "If you have everyone back from a team that lost 10 games, experience isn't too important."

http://www.thedailypigskin.com/gridiron-history/john-mckay-quotes

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: Valleysports on November 22, 2015, 10:50:16 am

Oh I see, you weren't specifically talking about the Hog Kicker / blocked field goal at the end of this game, you were talking about as a whole for the entire season.  Sometimes we just misinterpret your post...

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 12:18:44 am
So badly need a kicker. People always discount the kicker. Until games like tonight. There is no confidence there. And to be honest , they should've went for the td. Take your chances with getting a good pass rush. Make Prescott beat you. Instead they lost on a fg miss.
Now you get it

ricepig

Quote from: bleudog on November 22, 2015, 02:37:12 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 22, 2015, 12:45:23 pm
+1 Venny

Doesn't fit exactly, but here's John McKay's quote on the significance of experience,  "If you have everyone back from a team that lost 10 games, experience isn't too important."

http://www.thedailypigskin.com/gridiron-history/john-mckay-quotes

Yeah, I remember one Dad talking about all of our secondary coming back on our high school team that had been torched all year long, I asked him if that was a good or bad thing?

Rulesman

beach bum

November 22, 2015, 08:04:41 pm #113 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:06:13 pm by beach bum

Prescott was 38-of-50 passing for 508 yards and five touchdowns with one interception plus 46 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground.

Yeah, I was there and the view from my seats had his stats posted all night long, thanks for bringing it up again, haha.

At least you weren't one of the thousands upon thousands of fans that left at halftime of a 10 point game???? That's pathetic if you ask me of too many of our fans. I am glad we fought back and made that group of "fans" look like idiots.

Valleysports

The Hogs came roaring back like 27 unanswered points?  From 14-31 to 41-31 or near about?  The defense did make adjustments at half, and after the fumble on kick off, they got an interception, followed by another fumble (correct me - going on memory rice).  Seems like the defense forced 3 consecutive turnovers, completely turning the game and momentum around.  Luck bounced Arkansas way at the end of the Ole Miss game (right into Collins hands), it just went Miss St way this time.  Arkansas fighting back and laying it all out on the field is something to be proud of.  Great Game!

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on November 22, 2015, 08:04:41 pm

At least you weren't one of the thousands upon thousands of fans that left at halftime of a 10 point game???? That's pathetic if you ask me of too many of our fans. I am glad we fought back and made that group of "fans" look like idiots.

Well, I went into the club level at half-time to warm up and you couldn't move because it was so crowded, that's where a lot were, haha. It looked like a few hundred students left the top section, and about 5-6 rows behind the band. I thought it was pretty good for the weather, and I don't really care for people complaining about attendance if they aren't there, I don't care where you live.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on November 22, 2015, 08:59:49 pm
The Hogs came roaring back like 27 unanswered points?  From 14-31 to 41-31 or near about?  The defense did make adjustments at half, and after the fumble on kick off, they got an interception, followed by another fumble (correct me - going on memory rice).  Seems like the defense forced 3 consecutive turnovers, completely turning the game and momentum around.  Luck bounced Arkansas way at the end of the Ole Miss game (right into Collins hands), it just went Miss St way this time.  Arkansas fighting back and laying it all out on the field is something to be proud of.  Great Game!
I agree with some of this. One turnover was on special teams though. And the interception, while a good play, was off the hands of a wide open receiver. Great play by Richardson, who I think needs more playing time, to even catch it.

This was a game that looked like it was going to get ugly. Hogs fought back and came up short.

The 4th and 1 call was a little questionable. I think we should have just went for the first down. I think with fresh downs and as hot as BA was we probably score then it's 17-18 pts can't remember. And of course block properly in a field goal.

Now we have Missouri. Who isn't that good but has beaten us twice and we really haven't performed well against here lately.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 23, 2015, 10:27:10 pm
I agree with some of this. One turnover was on special teams though. And the interception, while a good play, was off the hands of a wide open receiver. Great play by Richardson, who I think needs more playing time, to even catch it.

This was a game that looked like it was going to get ugly. Hogs fought back and came up short.

The 4th and 1 call was a little questionable. I think we should have just went for the first down. I think with fresh downs and as hot as BA was we probably score then it's 17-18 pts can't remember. And of course block properly in a field goal.

Now we have Missouri. Who isn't that good but has beaten us twice and we really haven't performed well against here lately.

Well, Richardson dropped an easy interception earlier, so he owed us one.

Valleysports

Yeah he did and at the time, I thought that would've been a game changer.  Right before half?

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2015, 08:06:38 am
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 23, 2015, 10:27:10 pm

Well, Richardson dropped an easy interception earlier, so he owed us one.
That is true as well.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 24, 2015, 11:19:51 am
Yeah he did and at the time, I thought that would've been a game changer.  Right before half?

I believe that it was second quarter, MSU went on to score, which wasn't unusual, lol. My boys and I looked at each other and said "that's going to cost us." The pass was a dead duck just fluttering towards the receiver.

bdubyab60

It did cost us. think I posted right after that. Saying we have got to make the plays when they are giving us the opportunities.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas