• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. LSU

Started by WPWells, November 08, 2015, 05:32:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2015, 09:23:25 pm
This all bodes well for next year for sure. I still think Collins comes back. Mainly because I want Ricepig to owe me 2 pounds of Craig's BBQ!!!  Lol

This sealed the deal for him going pro, showed his toughness. I forgot to tell you that one of my son's roommates works at the Catfish Hole with Alex, he's gone.

ricepig

Great victory tonight, do you think LSU wished they had either Allen? Thank goodness Les is a QB killer, lots of talent on that team goes to waste.

bdubyab60

Les' luck has run out. Always thought he was a great recruiter and decent coach. But LSU always seems to drop a big game here or there. LSU looked unprepared at times tonight. Several penalties of the shot yourself in the foot kind.

If Collins is gone we need to be getting some RB's and some OL headed this way. Our entire line could declare for the draft can't they.

Valleysports

That was Legit!  Defense, Running, Passing, Specialty Teams, Coaching.  Congratulations!

bdubyab60

May be the best all around game the Hogs have played this year.

BrianfromCarlisle

Well....I'm still hoping Ricepig!!!!'  LOL.

BrianfromCarlisle

I figure the one thing that would keep him would be to work on ball control. Fumbles means zero play time in NFL

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 14, 2015, 10:43:34 pm
Well....I'm still hoping Ricepig!!!!'  LOL.

Me too! I'd love nothing better than lose the bet if it means AC stays. He's 20, who knows what they think, lol.

AirWarren

Wonder what ole Devin White is thinking?

Beat ole miss. Then dust lsu. And he saw both.

bdubyab60

Two things we should be able to get with the style we play. RB's and O-line.

BrianfromCarlisle

I've said it the entire BB time, he will play whatever works. Hogs may have the best receiving corps in country next year. Hatcher, Morgan, Reed, Cornelius, Sprinkle. DANG

Legend

If Arkansas can really build off this and put a whole season together they will be dangerous. Clemson was in the same boat few years back and couldnt win the big games. Arkansas will get there and will be a top in the next few years.

fastdrop

dang it..... dang it! been a bad two weeks for FD. But my dad is a happy camper.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on November 15, 2015, 08:06:08 am
dang it..... dang it! been a bad two weeks for FD. But my dad is a happy camper.

I had nice bounce back win all typed in for you, but..........

Valleysports

Quote from: Legend on November 15, 2015, 05:31:37 am
If Arkansas can really build off this and put a whole season together they will be dangerous. Clemson was in the same boat few years back and couldnt win the big games. Arkansas will get there and will be a top in the next few years.

Clemson has never been on the SEC Sea Quest!   ::)

Legend

You are right we only play top tier teams in the SEC.

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on November 15, 2015, 09:50:05 am
Quote from: fastdrop on November 15, 2015, 08:06:08 am

I had nice bounce back win all typed in for you, but..........
My son was in Death Valley for this one. He is like his dad - He put away the blue and pulled out the red for this weekend. I blame the Memphis loss on him.

HorseFeathers

If Arkansas can figure out how to start a season.....then who knows what will happen...

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on November 15, 2015, 10:26:57 pm

If Arkansas can figure out how to start a season.....then who knows what will happen...

We are heading in the right direction though. We had a 19% chance of making a bowl. Most "experts" had us not winning another game. 8-4, going to the bowl?

I really cannot complain on that. It's a work of progress.

Legend

They will finally get that monkey off their back. Im saying next year or the year after it will happen.

AirWarren

This win is still sweet. I can't stand LSU.

Valleysports

Legend, why don't you leave these Arkansas Fans alone - go post on a Clemson site?  These post could be copied & pasted from 12 months ago.  Before the season ends 12th man will be predicting Arkansas to win the SEC 2016, go undefeated, and most likely take the National Championship. Next year's team will have different players, starters, & leaders.  Hog Fans need to savor the wins that are happening NOW. 

Legend

I dont believe I have said anything bad. I actually predicted Arkansas would beat LSU and could win out. I havent poked at any fans lately.

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on November 16, 2015, 07:24:15 am
I dont believe I have said anything bad. I actually predicted Arkansas would beat LSU and could win out. I havent poked at any fans lately.

Correct, unlike Valley and his continued false praise and backhanded compliments. Are you a Clemson graduate, or just a bandwagon fan of late?

AirWarren

In legend's defense, as long as I've known him as a poster on here, he has been a Clemson fan. That stretched back to 2001.

Legend

My dads family is from a small town of Easley SC just outside of Greenville SC. I use to live out there during the summers when my mother couldnt take care of me do to her athritus (rhemtoid). It was either Clemson or Carolina. I chose Clemson plus the stadium was only 25 miles from my house. I have been a Clemson fan for 20+ years. I am a fan when they are 10-0 or 0-10. I have been through the pain that Arkansas is going though. Those what if games loses to teams that we should have beaten by 30. The embarrasment of the Orange Bowl and the embarrasing loss to FSU that Chief Osceola still has that signature video from that game... With that I am a realist. Yes we are #1 now but that can all change plus we have beaten the Ohio States LSU Auburn and the Georgias all highly ranked at the time but we have a few years of continued success before I will say we are a top tier program. We are top 10 in my mind. I root for the HOGS. I wanted them to beat LSU and I hate when they lose. Clemson is my #1 team and always will. Ive been bashed for my fan bashin but when in a span of 2-3 weeks fans come out of the woodshed to praise the hogs that 2-3 weeks prior are calling for BA head and we need a new coach. Who is saying that now? Thats what upsets me. Stay with your team 0-10 or 10-0. Thats what led to a warning.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 16, 2015, 07:42:38 am
Correct, unlike Valley and his continued false praise and backhanded compliments.

Oh the scorn of a women - give your hypersensitivity, and me, a break ricepig.

Yeah Legend, over the last three years we've had some pretty good arguments, on here, with me defending BA while Budybu and many others ragged, ragged, ragged on him.  What I'm saying is - lay off pumping the sunshine for next year, when the QB you're so high on won't even be there.  And seriously, Arkansas getting it together and beating the SEC, week in and week out, is an entirely different beast than Clemson winning 2 or 3 legit ACC games.           

AirWarren

In the last 10 years we are 5-5 against lsu. Pretty good considering how good lsu claims to be every year.

ricepig

Cool, I figured you either went to school there, parents had, or had lived in the area. I'm just not much a fan of the bandwagon guys, they love us when we win, or don't post, but are the first to post after a loss. They always seem to call themselves "realist"  fans, haha. There is nothing wrong with questioning some plays or decisions, but it always seems to go deeper.

I'm not a big Dabo fan, but I don't see him except for a few clips on TV. One of my son's former teammates plays for Clemson, Zac Brooks, so I catch a little of your games.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 16, 2015, 08:23:48 am
Correct, unlike Valley and his continued false praise and backhanded compliments.

Yeah Legend, over the last three years we've had some pretty good arguments, on here, with me defending BA while Budybu and many others ragged, ragged, ragged on him.  What I'm saying is - lay off pumping the sunshine for next year, when the QB you're so high on won't even be there.  And seriously, Arkansas getting it together and beating the SEC, week in and week out, is an entirely different beast than Clemson winning 2 or 3 legit ACC games.         

Yeah, that's what Arkansas fans need, another non-fan telling them what to do, or not do. If 12th wants to say we win the NC next year, how does that effect you, much less the performance of the team, yeah, that's right, it doesn't. Fans are fanatics, or they are observers, two different animals.

WPWells

I don't think I've claimed that we'll win the NC next year. We'll have a lot of returning players in key positions, but we'll need a quarterback to step up. However, if we can get that going then we should have as good a chance as anyone

AirWarren

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 16, 2015, 08:52:01 am
I don't think I've claimed that we'll win the NC next year. We'll have a lot of returning players in key positions, but we'll need a quarterback to step up. However, if we can get that going then we should have as good a chance as anyone

Quarterback and running backs.

The future of our offensive line is in question too. They whipped lsu up front this past weekend. I mean whipped.

Lots of unknowns for next year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Valleysports on November 16, 2015, 08:23:48 am

First off I havent ragged, ragged, ragged on him. All ive ever wanted him to do was step up and do something more than put up numbers. What good does it do for him to put up 400 yards in the first 3 quarters of the game. Only then to throw every pass in the stands as time is running out. Is that ragging on him. Thats an honest obsevation of what he did. Ive also defended him when hes done everything he could to win a game for us. I think youre reading to much in to me admitting that Ive been critical of some of the plays hes made. BA has always been our best option to win games. He didnt light up the world against LSU but he made throws/plays when they counted.

BA is the leader of this team and when he gets the chance he has to make a play or give someone else the chance to, its that simple and thats all ive ever been critical of. find one post where ive said he sucks, we need a change at QB, hes horrible or something like that. YOU WONT FIND IT.

Go back on your PERFECT STORM thread and talk some more about those under acheiving top 10 recruiting classes. I dont even bring up that they beat the Hogs, they arent performong like you thought they would.

Legend

plus the 2-3 sec teams a year we beat. I get crap and a warning for bashing hog fans so i lighten up and actually be positive and still get crap. Cant win for losing with hog fans

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on November 16, 2015, 09:55:43 am
plus the 2-3 sec teams a year we beat. I get crap and a warning for bashing hog fans so i lighten up and actually be positive and still get crap. Cant win for losing with hog fans

You really need to go back and look at your all-time records against Auburn, Georgia, and USCe. They've owned you, except for USCe, and I'm not sure what it is since they joined the SEC in 1992.

Legend

Im not talking bout 20 years ago. IM talking about since Dabo has become our head coach.

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on November 16, 2015, 10:31:30 am
Im not talking bout 20 years ago. IM talking about since Dabo has become our head coach.

Oh, so you are like those that only count BP's 21-5 record his last two year, haha.

Legend

Theres a difference between 2 years and 6 my friend

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on November 16, 2015, 11:57:03 am
Theres a difference between 2 years and 6 my friend

Dabo is 6-7 against SEC teams, just saying.......

Legend

It will be 8-7 after this year... Just sayin

Lions84

Great win and a over all A+ Game.

Valleysports

bduby you are probably correct about me using your name to cover all general sins.  I think it might've been BrianfromCarlisle who went round and round with me over BA, in so many games last year.  It's all good.  Hey go ahead and post on the Perfect Storm Thread if you're that interested, I've kinda lost interest.  They've definitely stumbled on the way to the 2016 season, we'll just have to see how bad I missed when it comes a shore.  Meanwhile, I so enjoyed watching the Hogs performance last week.       

BrianfromCarlisle

It was me valley.  I said continuously that he couldn't make plays when they neede to be made.  Which was true.  he has finally stepped up in the clutch since Auburn. And, in my opinion, has played like an sec 1st team QB. 

bdubyab60

I want all of our Hog players to do good. Perform like we at least think they are capable of performing. I've said things about our defense and this was by far their best performance of the year. Maybe not statistically but I think overall it at least looked like the best performance. Think Harris had 271 and a lot of those were 50 completions that we were defending but LSU made a play.

A lot better QB is coming to town this week though and the Hohs will need another solid effort from the defense to come out with a win over state

Lions84

Brandon Allen really turned the corner during the Auburn Game and has never looked back.  I am real proud for him.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas