• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-16 NCAA Football Season Thread V2.0

Started by VHSCoach2, October 25, 2015, 09:23:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

Let's try to keep it civil in here and keep this one unlocked, shall we?

Sounds like a good plan to me.

fastdrop

Seems like Memphis might move up a bit this week..... maybe to 14th.

Clemson seems like the real deal.

Utah layed an egg yesterday.... but so did Bama against Ole Miss and it was at home.

Florida State got bumped.

LSU is rolling

Lots of football left.

Legend

Clemson made a statement yesterday they are for real. Like I said in the last thread thank you KIRK for coining the Clemsoning phrase because you motivated that team like no other. I have family and friends in South Carolina that follow the team religiously to home and away games and they have never seen Dabo and the team this focused!

WPWells

I agree. I was impressed with Clemson yesterday.

Legend

I think Dabo gets coach of the year and Venebels sp? gets cordinator of the year. Replace 8 starters on D and have a better Defense this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on October 25, 2015, 09:38:54 am
Clemson made a statement yesterday they are for real. Like I said in the last thread thank you KIRK for coining the Clemsoning phrase because you motivated that team like no other. I have family and friends in South Carolina that follow the team religiously to home and away games and they have never seen Dabo and the team this focused!

Ok unlike last night I'm not trying to stir up anything....Who has the better claim to #1 Clemson or Ohio State?

VHSCoach2

Until (if) they lose, I'd put Ohio State at #1. Defending National Champions and still undefeated.

However, I'd probably put Clemson right behind at #2.

WPWells

I'd have Baylor at #3, LSU at #4, and TCU #5 to round out the top 5

Legend

HF Ill be honest with you. I want them to beat FSU and then Ill talk about possible #1. Im still top 4 right now. Just because we beat a Miami team 58-0 Im not going to jump on here and claim to be #1. We still got to beat FSU and our rival South Carolina. Im just wanting to make the final 4 the rest will play out because no matter 1-4 seed your going to be playng a great team so seeding doesnt matter to me.

AT

Quote from: fastdrop on October 25, 2015, 09:32:02 am

Utah layed an egg yesterday.... but so did Bama against Ole Miss and it was at home.

LSU is rolling

Lots of football left.

Big difference between what happened to Utah last night and what happened to Bama against Ole Miss.

VHSCoach2

List of Bowl-eligible teams after Week 8:

American Athletic Conference:
Temple, Houston, Memphis

Atlantic Coast Conference:
Clemson, Florida State, Pittsburgh, Duke, North Carolina

Big 12 Conference:
Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Oklahoma

Big Ten Conference:
Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern

Conference USA:
Marshall, Western Kentucky

FBS Independents:
Notre Dame, Brigham Young

Mid-American Conference:
Bowling Green, Toledo

Mountain West Conference:
Boise State

Pacific-12 Conference:
Stanford, Utah

Southeastern Conference:
Florida, LSU, Alabama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State

Sun Belt Conference:
Appalachian State

HorseFeathers

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 25, 2015, 09:58:23 am
Until (if) they lose, I'd put Ohio State at #1. Defending National Champions and still undefeated.

However, I'd probably put Clemson right behind at #2.

I've never agreed with that....I don't do a personal college poll, but for high school my polls are fluid and bounce around week to week...especially in a situation where no one is clear cut dominating teams that I think they should....

pioneers

Quote from: Legend on October 25, 2015, 09:40:42 am
I think Dabo gets coach of the year and Venebels sp? gets cordinator of the year. Replace 8 starters on D and have a better Defense this year.
It will be a close call with dabo or Jim mcelwain. If Florida wins out from this point on i would have to give to Jim just because of what Florida did last year. If Florida loses and Clemson wins out its dabo.

Legend

As long as Clemson keeps winning and playing 100% im not worried about awards they get unless its a national Title

pioneers

If I had to pick one team rite now to be a favorite to get into the playoffs it would have to be Clemson to me.

Legend

Let this Tiger fan get passed the FSU game then Ill breathe a little better. I want to see how they stack up against a top RB in the nation in Cook. What GT did against them is what GT did to him. Id love to see Clemson D shut him down.

fastdrop

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 25, 2015, 10:50:30 am
Quote from: fastdrop on October 25, 2015, 09:32:02 am

LSU is rolling

Lots of football left.

Big difference between what happened to Utah last night and what happened to Bama against Ole Miss.
Yep, Utah was on the road and Bama was at home. Bama barely squeaked by the Vols yesterday and didn't light it up against Arkansas. I am not sure that BAMA is a legit top 10 team this year.

fastdrop

Temple plays Notre Dame next week. Could be an interesting game.

Longfellow

Quote from: fastdrop on October 25, 2015, 01:01:29 pm
Temple plays Notre Dame next week. Could be an interesting game.
Temple keeps it close for a half and then gets blown out in the fourth quarter.

Legend

Longfellow

Just in: Al Golden gets the boot. Tight Ends Coach Larry Scott interim head coach

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on October 25, 2015, 05:41:22 pm
Just in: Al Golden gets the boot. Tight Ends Coach Larry Scott interim head coach

It is unbelievable that a major program in recruiting grounds such as south Florida can be that awful. At least at Texas you can feel excitement from the players sensing its going to get better in the next couple years and Texas looks to be playing hard at least for Strong. Now, Miami is just beyond horrible and there is no explanation or excuse for it.

mtindian42

October 25, 2015, 10:13:19 pm #22 Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:42:03 am by mtindian42
They should be able to land a big name!

Legend

10 years ago they would have been able to land a big name. I dont think thats the case now.

VHSCoach2

Miami cannot give out impermissible benefits to the best players without getting caught anymore. This isn't your old Miami, and it will be a while before they are again.

mtindian42

Butch Davis said on a fla radio show. That he wants the Miami job!

Legend

I dont think he would be a good fit at Miami. Spurrier needs to bring this team back to Glory lol

mtindian42

Lol. Dan Campbells name is in the hat as well! If the phins don't get him. The canes want him! Lol good time to be Dan Campbell!

Legend

You never know Gus might be run out of Auburn this year after that loss to Arkansas lol.

mtindian42

Legend

Its funny that two years ago he was the guy for the job at Arkansas. I dont hear anyone saying that now!

fastdrop

Legend

mtindian42

VHSCoach2

Minnesota head coach, Jerry Kill, has announced his retirement effective immediately, citing health concerns as the reason.

Defensive coordinator, Tracy Claeys, will serve as the interim head coach.

Legend

mtindian42

A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Wanna hear a
Michigan joke?" The guy next to him replies, "Well before you tell that
joke, you should know something. I'm 6' tall, 200 lbs., and I am a Michigan
alumnus.  The guy sitting next to me is 6'2 tall, weighs 225, and he's a
Michigan alumnus.  The fella next to him is 6'5 tall, weighs 250, and he's a
Michigan alumnus. Now, you still wanna tell that joke?"  The first guy says,
"Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it 3 times."😂😆😆

mtindian42

That team from the north! Could lose to Minnesota!!! Go golphers!

VHSCoach2

Minnesota just lost their coach, perhaps the best their school has ever had. I don't think they'll upset Michigan. Just my opinion.

Legend

They will keep it close but Mich will pull away in the end. Clemson has a possible trap game tomorrow. If they play like they have it wont be close but they cant overlook NC State. Next week will be the game!

mtindian42

Legend

October 30, 2015, 05:40:17 am #41 Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 05:48:56 am by Legend
That just hurts Clemson even more if we win out. We might be playing North Carolina or Duke

VHSCoach2

North Carolina can easily be 11-1 when/if they play Clemson in the ACC Championship Game. Same for Duke.

I'd say a Conference Championship victory over an 11-1 team would be a good resume booster.

mtindian42

If ND blows out temple! that will be real good for Clemson!

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Indeed, they lost to South Carolina. By 4.

I remember when Virginia Tech lost to FCS James Madison and still went to a BCS Bowl. Not comparing there, I'm just saying the North Carolina team that has won seven in a row after losing the opener is a completely different team.

If UNC gets to 11-1, they'll likely be in the Top 10 and facing Clemson, who, I believe, will be in the Top 3 the rest of the season. If Clemson wins that one over North Carolina, it'll be a good win for their resume.

Legend

I hope so. Im really hoping Clemson gets that monkey off their back and wins out!

VHSCoach2

However, if we are talking about who lost to who, I will say a Clemson win over UNC in the ACC Championship Game rather than Duke would do more for Clemson.

I think the committee will see a North Carolina loss to South Carolina by 4 as a "better" loss than Duke's 10-point loss to Northwestern (despite, in my opinion, Northwestern being much better than South Carolina this season).

Legend

Two very important game snext week. Clemson plays FSU and UNC plays Duke

mtindian42

To me the only one in clemsons way is FSU! They are just better then everyone else in the ACC.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas