• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfellow

AirWarren

Quote from: Longfellow on July 31, 2017, 03:09:07 pm
I do such a poor job of keeping up with the USWNT

The USWNT is too policital for me. Keep it about sports.

This is not an avenue to push your political platform. Go out there and play for all of America.

1-Adam-12

Leicester has signed promising young striker Kelechi Iheanacho away from Man City.

VHSCoach2

USWNT finishes up the Tournament of Champions against Japan tonight. 9 PM on ESPN2.

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on August 03, 2017, 03:37:28 pm
USWNT finishes up the Tournament of Champions against Japan tonight. 9 PM on ESPN2.

That Brazil game was unreal....

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on August 03, 2017, 03:34:20 pm
Leicester has signed promising young striker Kelechi Iheanacho away from Man City.

Great signing... That guy scores a goal for like every 100 minutes he is on the pitch.

beach bum

Domestic club season gets kicked off in England tomorrow in the EFL Championship with Derby County @ Sunderland as well as promoted Millwall @ Nottingham Forest.... I am hoping Fulham does well so they can be on the Friday EFL Championship game on BeinSports. That is how I got hooked on Brighton. Them or Newcastle seemed to be on the Friday game I was able to watch last season. I will take Fulham, Leeds United, Norwich City, Middlesbrough, or Hull City to get promoted after this season. I think the 3 promoted teams will come from those 5 listed.

AirWarren

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on August 04, 2017, 02:21:54 pm
What is beinsports? Is that a steaming channel or what?

I had never heard of it either until I went the Sling TV route about 6 months ago. It plays La Liga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 along with a Friday EFL Championship game. As you know the Premier League is NBC affiliated and Bundesliga is Fox affiliated so I think BeinSports got the rest of the European leagues through them. Commentary can be awful at times outside of Jon Champion calling the EFL on Friday's.... Oh, and they play our road World Cup qualifiers that Fox does not show along with random stuff like the African Cup of Nations and CONMEBOL World Cup qualifiers. It's perfect for us soccer junkies like us.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Luton Town opened its 2017-18 League Two campaign with a resounding 8-2 beat down of Yeovil Town.

1-Adam-12

AirWarren

beach bum

48 hours away from Leicester City hosting Arsenal to get the season kicked off..... Oh and they say Coutinho is moving on the Barcelona from Liverpool. I can see Liverpool using a portion of that cash to get Sigurdsson from Swansea. I think they'll offer way more than Everton was for Sigurdsson and Swansea will crack and sell him.

Longfellow

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on August 09, 2017, 04:22:43 pm
Liverpool rejects Barcelona's bid for Coutinho

They even rejected the big offer? I would love to see Coutinho stay, but I'd almost rather have the money now.

Longfellow

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on August 09, 2017, 05:42:33 pm
They even rejected the big offer? I would love to see Coutinho stay, but I'd almost rather have the money now.

Come to Chelsea.

beach bum

So the Premier League gets kicked off tomorrow and I am going to take a stab at predicting the table. I am making this prediction based on what the rosters are right now. Obviously, there will be some additions before the transfer window ends and throw these rankings out if stuff like Coutinho leaves Liverpool or any other player on other squads for that matter of super high quality. Also, this is if no injuries happen to major players but we know those happen......

1.Manchester City
2.Chelsea ( I think the gap between them and Man City will be just 1 or 2 points)
3.Liverpool (if they sell Coutinho then they'll drop to between 5th and 7th, Lallana is already out the first 2 months)
4.Tottenham (this would be a let down, but I think they will fall short of the high expectations)

5.Manchester United
6.Arsenal

7.Everton
8.Bournemouth (this would be something if they can get up this high and keep the up tick in the table each year)
9.Crystal Palace (this would be great for them)
10.Leicester City
11.West Ham
12.Southampton
13.Swansea City (throw this way out the window if they sell Sigurdsson)
14.Newcastle
15.Stoke City
16.West Brom (this would be a let down being almost relegated)
17.Brighton

18.Watford
19.Huddersfield Town
20.Burnley

****Notes- I think that Fulham, Middlesbrough, and Leeds will get promoted up from the Championship after this season

beach bum

Lacazette scores 90 seconds into his Arsenal debut.... Gunners up 1-0 early in Leicester.

beach bum

Sheesh, Okazaki scores for Leicester only 1 minute later. This is a great way to kick of the new season.... 1-1 just five minutes in now.

beach bum

VHSCoach2

What a match between Arsenal and Leicester City and what a start to the EPL season!

4-3 Arsenal, 5 minutes plus stoppage to go.

beach bum

If Arsenal had a better back line defense they could be scary good and actually win the league.... Lacazette can pass better than I thought and has made some pretty sweet moves in tight spaces. Giroud and Ramsey came on as subs to make critical goals. And to think Sanchez is not even playing.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Watford and Liverpool just followed up the Arsenal-Leicester City match with a heck of a match of their own.  Ends 3-3 with Watford scoring the equalizer deep into stoppage time.

1-Adam-12

I know, it's just the first half of the first game, and Chelsea had Cahill sent off,  but still...

CHELSEA 0-3 BURNLEY?!

:-* :-* :-*

VHSCoach2

Chelsea is going to have its traditional "play utterly poor football the season after a title" season.

VHSCoach2

How about Huddersfield Town getting the 3-0 win over Crystal Palace?

That puts the Terriers at the top of the table.

1-Adam-12

"We are the mighty Terriers and we are top of the league!"  They showed they belong.

Also happy to see that Everton picked up the W.  These next few weeks will show what they are made of.

beach bum

We are in for a crazy season if this is a taste of what is to come.... How about Huddersfield and Burnley!! Two teams I picked to be relegated with unbelievable showings today.

VHSCoach2

Brighton & Hove Albion hanging tough with Manchester City. Still scoreless through 60 minutes.

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

beach bum

It's just one match, but Manchester United looks way better than last season. Lukaku has both goals and I could see him getting close to 30 if he stays healthy and possibly hit 30. Spurs won at Newcastle after the Magpies went to 10 men right before the 50th minute.

AirWarren

I've been calling all summer that MANU was going to be horrible to play this year. Lukaku. Matic. Etc.

I fear Chelsea will suffer this year.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on August 13, 2017, 01:27:54 pm
I've been calling all summer that MANU was going to be horrible to play this year. Lukaku. Matic. Etc.

I fear Chelsea will suffer this year.

I do think that Man City, Man United, and Tottenham may jump a cut above Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea by the end of the season. Those three just look like they are going to be more buttoned up defensively which will carry them further. Liverpool and Arsenal did the same thing this week that they did last year. Score plenty of goals but can't get a clean sheet to save their life when they need one. That is what separated Leicester and Chelsea the last 2 seasons. I remember them both stringing together four or five game stretches where they would win 1-0 or 2-0 during their title campaigns. Hard to lose when you rarely let the other team score. That is why I have no faith in my Liverpool either this season.

beach bum

Ronaldo is about to get hit with a fairly lengthy suspension after shoving a ref earlier against Barcelona...... What a wild match. Ronaldo scores the eventual game winner and takes his shirt off to get a yellow. Well about 2 minutes later he gets a slight bump in the box and takes a dive. The ref gives him his second yellow to be sent off. Needless, to say Ronaldo did not like the 2nd yellow. He will be regretting that decision knowing a suspension is on its way.

AirWarren

One thing that puts a bad taste in my mouth about soccer is the ref treatment by players. I saw several players in the cold cup pushing on refs. Ronaldo was no different. I wish the soccer refs would adopt a zero policy like football refs. If you start berating them or lay a hand on a ref, you're  thrown out. No questions.

VHSCoach2

AirWarren

beach bum

beach bum

1-Adan-12 can smile today..... Everton have made it official that Gylfi Sigurdsson has went to Everton for a fee of equal of 58 million dollars. Let's see how soon he can play. I'd love to see him on Monday vs Man City.

beach bum

Liverpool did their usual thing against Hoffenheim.... Had a 2-0 lead at Hoffenheim in the first leg of the final playoffs to get into the group stage of the Champions league only to concede a goal late to finish it at 2-1. They pretty much would have only had to score one goal probably back at Anfield to get it done. Now, they'll need a draw at least next week probably to secure 5 Premier League teams in the Champions League.

1-Adam-12

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on August 16, 2017, 05:12:54 pm
YASSSSS! 

Sigurdsson goes to Everton!

If they sign another striker they will on level with Liverpool, Arsenal, and Chelsea imo.... Everton is in the Europa League right? If them or Arsenal don't end up winning the Europa League I will be shocked with the talent those two clubs have.

1-Adam-12

Yes, they are.  The Toffees are in the playoff round, taking on Hajduk Split (Croatia).  The first leg is tomorrow at Goodison.

beach bum

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on August 16, 2017, 05:35:33 pm
Yes, they are.  The Toffees are in the playoff round, taking on Hajduk Split (Croatia).  The first leg is tomorrow at Goodison.

It got a little rowdy at Goodison in their 2-0 win which should assure them a spot on the group stage of the Europa League since Hajduk didn't get any away goals to take with them next week back to Croatia. The Croatian fans who traveled apparently brought their stereotypical rowdy behavior with them and they had to stop the match for a while after Keane's goal.

1-Adam-12

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas