• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud

Started by AT, February 08, 2015, 09:42:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I may be a little late to the party on this, but I just watched this movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. It stars Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. It's set in DeWitt, Arkansas and was actually filmed in that area.

One of the best movies set in the South I've seen in quite awhile. I was wondering if anyone else had seen it since it was filmed in our fine state and if any of our friends down in Southeast Arkansas was able to see it filmed?

bleudog

sixthman

Good flick. McConaughey strikes me as a little different, but I tend to enjoy his movies.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 08, 2015, 09:42:11 pm
I may be a little late to the party on this, but I just watched this movie and thoroughly enjoyed it. It stars Matthew McConaughey and Reese Witherspoon. It's set in DeWitt, Arkansas and was actually filmed in that area.

One of the best movies set in the South I've seen in quite awhile. I was wondering if anyone else had seen it since it was filmed in our fine state and if any of our friends down in Southeast Arkansas was able to see it filmed?

Yes, I know some people that got to be in the movie. A friend of mine that is a bail bondsman in real life actually got a credited role as one of the bounty hunters. He's the red headed guy that McConaughey hits in the head with his shotgun when he sticks his head through the window of the houseboat.

Some of it was filmed around Stuttgart as well. Everybody said McConaughey was a great guy but Reese W. was a bit of a diva.

cuckoobird

A lot of it was filmed within a few blocks of my job and the house boat used for the film is at our deer camp. Anyone can buy it for $500. lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas