• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

American Sniper

Started by DogsWin7, January 15, 2015, 01:19:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

January 15, 2015, 01:19:56 pm Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:11:05 pm by DiehardFBfan
I'm ready to cry my eyes out on this movie.    Clint Eastwood directed it.   Who plans on going to see it?   

WPWells

bdubyab60

Ill be there this weekend.

WPWells

I plan on seeing it tomorrow night

DogsWin7

Mr.Fridaynight11

I have already seen this movie, and i can say you will not be disappointed.

Wolfpack68

I've read a lot of the book and I'm going to see it soon!!!

CathywithaC

Saw it today.  Very good movie.  Bradley Cooper was very convincing.  It was intense and really hacked me off---every liberal worried about hurting some terrorist feelings or trampling on his "religious" beliefs needs to be force-fed this movie for hours on end, starting with Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton. 
When the movie was over, you could hear a pin drop.  No one made a sound leaving the theatre.
Thanks to all the military who have served and continue to protect our country.  I am humbled by the sacrifices you make to protect my way of life and freedoms.

bdubyab60

Waiting on the movie to start now.

bdubyab60

Waiting on the movie to start now.

bdubyab60

CincyGuyintheFort

GO SEE THIS MOVIE ASAP

Just walked outta the theater. Bradley Cooper was amazing. You truly think he was a SEAL sniper and not an actor. I'm a movie frequenter, usually one every 1-2 weeks and along with 'Gone Girl' is the best I have seen the past year.
And this showing was packed, 90% capacity and after the end I didn't think a group of that many ppl could be that quiet. Silence. Go see, great movie, great Oscar winning worthy performance by Cooper.

bdubyab60

Having read the book as well. Cooper had Kyle down to a T. I think the movie has a deeper meaning than just his life. Its about the horrors of war and what our troops are dealing with. Line from Kyle after his first kill: I have never seen evil like that. Especially after they come home. The line in the movie form his wife while they are laying in bed, I need you to be human again.
It brings new meaning to support our troops. It needs to be done with more than thanks and our government should be ashamed of the way our veterans get treated.

Im a veteran myself, Navy back in the early 90's, and this movie hit me hard. Was the most somber theatre I have ever seen when leaving a movie. Completely silent as I dried my tears.

Breitontime

Watched a screener copy a couple weeks back. Spectacular.

Kyle's wife, and father have both said that it was tremendously done.

Kyle was in the early stages of talks to get the movie made when he died. He wanted Eastwood to direct it. He did not disappoint.

WPWells

DragonBorn

The movie was pretty good I think coopers performance carried the film. It wasn't nearly as good as the book though.. Do those that read the book agree? I understand they had to edit out some parts but it seems like some of the best parts of the book were left out in my opinion

Breitontime

Movies are never as good as the book.

sevenof400

Is it as good as Saving Private Ryan? 

WPWells

Personally I think it is but it's also been 5 years since k've seen Saving Private Ryan

DragonBorn

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 20, 2015, 09:06:21 am
Naaa. If your going to set the bar that high then it fails. Coopers performance is great but in my book this one is a little better than lone survivor. Don't get my wrong it's a good movie but it's no saving private ryan

Mr_Deb

This is a movie that seems to be doing very well..

bdubyab60

Quote from: DragonBorn on January 20, 2015, 02:33:44 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on January 20, 2015, 09:06:21 am
Naaa. If your going to set the bar that high then it fails. Coopers performance is great but in my book this one is a little better than lone survivor. Don't get my wrong it's a good movie but it's no saving private ryan
Overall I like Saving Private Ryan better, mainly because of action and it looking real. However it did not make me feel like American Sniper did.

sevenof400

I definitely want to see this movie and am looking forward to it.  SPR did set a very high .... maybe even unattainable ..... standard so perhaps that wasn't the fairest of comparisons. 

AirWarren

Infamous

Great movie. Cooper did a great job portraying Chris Kyle.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas