• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

No Longer With Us >>>2015<<<

Started by Brian G, January 01, 2015, 03:39:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazimierz

The Pulaski Academy family lost a good one this past Friday. Chad Cumming was a history teacher and Asst. Football Coach for the senior high program. He had been there for many years (predated the Kelly administration). He was a true gentleman and had the right kind of personality to teach and mentor high school boys. He was able to speak on our level, while still teaching us life lessons.

To say he was the most influential teacher/coach I ever had an PA would be an understatement. He was a good man, husband, and father.

I hope he is up there somewhere enjoying a scotch and cigar. Coach Cumming, you are missed. The testimony you will read on his gofundme is just a small indication of how wonderful this guy was.

He was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. Godspeed Coach... godspeed.

http://www.gofundme.com/CummingLegacy

Lions84

Quote from: Kazimierz on August 18, 2015, 06:44:40 pm
The Pulaski Academy family lost a good one this past Friday. Chad Cumming was a history teacher and Asst. Football Coach for the senior high program. He had been there for many years (predated the Kelly administration). He was a true gentleman and had the right kind of personality to teach and mentor high school boys. He was able to speak on our level, while still teaching us life lessons.

To say he was the most influential teacher/coach I ever had an PA would be an understatement. He was a good man, husband, and father.

I hope he is up there somewhere enjoying a scotch and cigar. Coach Cumming, you are missed. The testimony you will read on his gofundme is just a small indication of how wonderful this guy was.

He was tragically killed in a motorcycle accident. Godspeed Coach... godspeed.

http://www.gofundme.com/CummingLegacy

Prayers sent.

bleudog

Darryl Dawkins has died at the age of 58

CLICK HERE

bleudog

Lions84

bleudog

Lions84

Brian G

Maynard G Krebs

Judy Carnes of Laugh-In fame.  The "Sock it to Me" girl and former wife of Burt Reynolds.

hitemgogetem

St. Louis Cardinal fans mourn the passing of Joaquin Andujar.   One Tough Dominican (1952-2015)

"It was no problem getting along wth Joaquin Andujar, I didn't talk to him on days he was mad, and he was mad all year long."  - Whitey Herzog (1989)   

Lions84

Lions84

Lions84

bleudog

Lions84

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2015/sep/16/ua-great-oshaughnessy-dies-59/

Razorback Track Great Niall O'Shaughnessy gone from Brain Cancer at 59

FAYETTEVILLE — Niall O'Shaughnessy, the first in a line of great distance runners at the University of Arkansas and later an Olympian, has died after a battle with brain cancer. He was 59.

bleudog

Astros Legendary Broadcaster Milo Hamilton

CLICK HERE

Lions84

Quote from: bleudog on September 17, 2015, 04:37:39 pm
Astros Legendary Broadcaster Milo Hamilton

CLICK HERE

Bless that family and his friends. 88 years is a great run.

bleudog

Maynard G Krebs

September 23, 2015, 08:52:23 am #118 Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:58:05 am by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: bleudog on September 23, 2015, 07:05:19 am
It's over.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/24/sports/baseball/yogi-berra-dies-at-90-yankees-baseball-catcher.html

RIP Yogi.

I have a Yogi Berra autographed baseball that I got in 1968 in Memphis.  Yogi was managing the Mets then and the old Memphis Blues of the Texas League was a farm club for the Mets.  Yogi was there for a game.  My sister's roommate's father was the head groundskeeper for the Blues and he had Yogi sign the ball for me.  The ball is an official Texas League Ball.  An heirloom I passed on to my son.

hitemgogetem

Quote from: bleudog on September 23, 2015, 07:05:19 am
It's over.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/24/sports/baseball/yogi-berra-dies-at-90-yankees-baseball-catcher.html

The Yogi-isms are too many to list, but one of my favs   :   

"Nobody goes there anymore," he said of a popular restaurant. "It's too crowded."

RIP Yogi......a character WITH character.  You will be missed.

True Believer

I have a book by him.  He was just a great person in my opinion.

RIP Yogi. 

WPWells

Lions84

Great player and Manger and most of all a great man of Baseball.

Lions84

bleudog

Lions84

Still love his song down on the boondocks.

bleudog

Lions84

bleudog

Lions84

OPoraquê

^ Terrible to see this news.

Also, one of Three Dog Night's original lead singers, Cory Wells, died today.  Didn't know it, but their keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon died in March of this year.  Flat out amazing how many hit records (21 Billboard magazine Top 40 hits, according to Wikipedia) that band churned out in the late 60s/early 70s.

Lions84

Quote from: OPoraquê on October 21, 2015, 12:10:51 pm
^ Terrible to see this news.

Also, one of Three Dog Night's original lead singers, Cory Wells, died today.  Didn't know it, but their keyboardist Jimmy Greenspoon died in March of this year.  Flat out amazing how many hit records (21 Billboard magazine Top 40 hits, according to Wikipedia) that band churned out in the late 60s/early 70s.

RIP!

bleudog

HorseFeathers

Flip Saunders passed away at the age of 60

Lions84

Loved that Red head in Quiet Man and Flip is gone too soon.

Lions84

October 29, 2015, 09:55:39 am #136 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:11:21 am by sevenof400
Click here for story

Last half of the Bartles and James Wine Cooler ad team is dead at 83  Dick Maugg

Note: Lions84, I modified your post just a bit so the link would not wrap the screen. Sevenof400

WPWells

It isn't a celebrity, but my sister is a sophomore Elementary Education major at Hendrix, and their department head died suddenly on Tuesday. My sister was really close to him, researching with him over the summer and having him for multiple classes, so she's really torn up about it. This professor brought the elementary Ed major back to Hendrix, so I'd say while he may not have made a worldwide difference, he made a difference to several students at the college and is therefore worthy of mention on this thread.

Lions84

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 29, 2015, 11:20:39 am
It isn't a celebrity, but my sister is a sophomore Elementary Education major at Hendrix, and their department head died suddenly on Tuesday. My sister was really close to him, researching with him over the summer and having him for multiple classes, so she's really torn up about it. This professor brought the elementary Ed major back to Hendrix, so I'd say while he may not have made a worldwide difference, he made a difference to several students at the college and is therefore worthy of mention on this thread.

Prayers sent.

bleudog

Lions84

bleudog

Brian G

bleudog

bleudog

Brian G

Tommy Hanson.

Age 29

Former MLB pitcher for several teams but original an ATL Brave.

I personally have an autographed jersey of his I got on a trip to Braves a few years ago,

WPWells

I just saw this. What awful, heartbreaking news

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas