• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OH YES. Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Started by AirWarren, December 01, 2014, 09:24:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Valleysports

Well now I'll be humming "Sexual Healing" the rest of the night!  :)

AirWarren

Sweet mother of Mary.

Bring on December.

Coach Booneville

"Sorry kids, no Christmas dinner or gift unwrapping this year.  We are going to watch Star Wars."

AirWarren

Did anyone see the leak for the batman vs superman?

Kazimierz

I had the original trilogy on VHS . . . taped off of the TV. Grew up watching it during the offseason (when the Hogs weren't on TV). My dad wasn't a sci-fi guy... but for some reason he loves watching star wars with me. Must have been that - spaghetti western meets space stuff. I don't rightly know.

The "new" movies came out when I was in high school and college. I watched with the joy and anticipation that only a childhood fan can have. And . . . like you, I was disappointed.  So, now... I hope that some grit - if there every was any - is restored to the saga. It is what it is... you can't make it too hard - I get that. But please, make it a real franchise again. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on April 17, 2015, 08:50:01 am
Did anyone see the leak for the batman vs superman?
Yes and I thought it was awesome.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Kazimierz on April 26, 2015, 09:40:06 pm
I had the original trilogy on VHS . . . taped off of the TV. Grew up watching it during the offseason (when the Hogs weren't on TV). My dad wasn't a sci-fi guy... but for some reason he loves watching star wars with me. Must have been that - spaghetti western meets space stuff. I don't rightly know.

The "new" movies came out when I was in high school and college. I watched with the joy and anticipation that only a childhood fan can have. And . . . like you, I was disappointed.  So, now... I hope that some grit - if there every was any - is restored to the saga. It is what it is... you can't make it too hard - I get that. But please, make it a real franchise again.
Main disappointments for me. Jar-jar and the way they turned him in to Vader, supposedly the most powerful jedi left for dead by Obi Wan, really.

sevenof400

It concerns me that Abrams is involved with this given how he raised expectations with the Star Trek reboot only to fall flat with Into Darkness..

minerjack

Into Darkness was pretty good.  And I hated Star Trek growing up.

phdefense

minerjack

Quote from: phdefense on May 06, 2015, 12:08:39 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 06, 2015, 08:08:11 am
Into Darkness was pretty good.  And I hated Star Trek growing up.

I mean. I said it was pretty good.  And I see a lot of great movies that dude is making fun of.  I'll never be a trekkie though.

bdubyab60

I liked both of the Star Trek movies. I have no doubt abrahms will do a good job with this movie. Trailer looks awesome and I cant wait until december.

phdefense

Quote from: bdubyab60 on May 07, 2015, 11:26:36 am
I liked both of the Star Trek movies. I have no doubt abrahms will do a good job with this movie. Trailer looks awesome and I cant wait until december.
With Lens flares!!!and more.....Lens flares!!!

minerjack

Quote from: phdefense on May 07, 2015, 03:36:46 pm
Don't spoil the new SW movie for me phdefense.

phdefense

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 07, 2015, 05:45:03 pm
Quote from: phdefense on May 07, 2015, 03:36:46 pm
Don't spoil the new SW movie for me phdefense.
I will not spoil it for you. Just pointing out that Abrahms might... 8)

minerjack

I quit reading Yahoo news because I don't want to come across any leaks lol.

phdefense

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 08, 2015, 01:23:14 pm
*Spoiler* Luke, Han & Leia are older....and Chewbacca...well let's just say Wookies seem to age very slowly.

minerjack

Yeah, I agree.  Did you notice that his eyes looked funny in the trailer.  I hope he isn't CGI.

phdefense

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 08, 2015, 02:13:28 pm
Yeah, I agree.  Did you notice that his eyes looked funny in the trailer.  I hope he isn't CGI.
nah it is the same guy that played him in the 70's. BTW those videos are safe. They are comedy reviews of the Star Trek movies and a comparison of how some of the scenes in the 2009 Star Trek movie were similiar to Star Wars scenes.

minerjack

Quote from: phdefense on May 08, 2015, 03:49:45 pm
nah it is the same guy that played him in the 70's. BTW those videos are safe. They are comedy reviews of the Star Trek movies and a comparison of how some of the scenes in the 2009 Star Trek movie were similiar to Star Wars scenes.
Yeah, I knew it was Peter Mayhew.  But I'm wondering if he is wearing one of those green CGI suits instead of the actual Chebacca suit.  Yeah lol I watched both of them. They were pretty funny haha

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: phdefense on May 08, 2015, 03:49:45 pm

There's a number of those comedy reviews popping up.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on May 08, 2015, 01:32:18 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 08, 2015, 01:23:14 pm
*Spoiler* Luke, Han & Leia are older....and Chewbacca...well let's just say Wookies seem to age very slowly.

Chewbacca was 200 years old in the original trilogy, so it's safe to assume that he wouldn't age too much in the 35 or so so years in between these films.  :)

bdubyab60

Another trailer out on this one. Looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait.

sevenof400

Abrams better get this right - if he screws this up as bad as he screwed up Star Trek Into Darkness he will need a resurrected Mr. Scott to beam him up.

bdubyab60

I liked the Star Trek movies though Ive never been a huge fan of them. This new trailer looks great though Ill be in line waiting on this one.

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 20, 2015, 07:27:26 am
Another trailer out on this one. Looks absolutely amazing. Can't wait.

Amazing trailer.

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Anybody buy their early release tickets?

whippersnapper

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on October 21, 2015, 12:28:48 pm
Anybody buy their early release tickets?
Yep got mine last week for the first saturday

bdubyab60

I ve been trying but everytime I get logged on the thing locks up on me. Im gonna keep trying though.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Just a few more days. Gonna be a long week. lol

JohnBarleycorn

Just got back from seeing it. They did a great job. I was very impressed!

WPWells

bdubyab60

Getting good reviews. Can't wait til tonight

bdubyab60

First in line for the 910 showing. Jonesboro had 21 showings yesterday, sold out. 15 today, sold out. Bought my tickets almost 2 months ago. Fandango reported record sales before a single viewing of the movie.

bdubyab60

VHSCoach2

What's everyone's preferred order for viewing the Star Wars movies?

Release Order, Episode Order?

I stumbled across the Machete Order online (IV, V, II, III, VI) and I love it. Episode I is optional before Episode IV in the Machete Order, but it doesn't really fall in line anywhere.  Machete Order keeps 99% of the shocks and surprises hidden until just the right time.

AirWarren

Going Wednesday to see. Me and my buddies.

WPWells

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

This one has a similar plot as a new hope but the things they did with the force, the action and the acting were amazing. Can't wait to see the progression of the characters in the next movies.

whippersnapper

Just got back and all I can say is wow! I dont want to give any spoilers but simply a nod to Harrison Ford. In the 4th Indiana Jones he didnt quite grasp the character again and the movie wasnt overall very good. In this movie Harrison Ford IS HAN SOLO! It brought tears of joy seeing him and Chewie back and themselves! Way to go Mr. Ford!

sevenof400

Abrams should be beamed into a tribble.

Sorry, but this film misses the mark by miles.  The one spoiler (of sorts) I will give away here is that you don't lose anything by seeing it on a regular screen. 

bdubyab60

My one knock on it is that it did kind of rehash some things. Like all movies it has some holes and some things that could have been better.

This one is second or third best out of the series. This one did just fine for the intended purpose of introducing the new characters and bringing Star Wars back. It does leave plenty to be explained, at least 2 more movies to come to explain things.

Acting is great, the movie is beautifully shot. Really could have done without the larger death star we can move on from that. Im ready for the struggle to move toward dark vs. light which I really hope they get too in the next movies.

Its the best movie Ive seen all year and Ive seen a lot of movies.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas