• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite Bible Verses

Started by sixthman, March 15, 2014, 11:16:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sixthman

Instead of entire books, let's get a little more specific.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and the trump of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first; Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore, comfort one another with these words.

johnharrison

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Texarkana_Piggie

2Timothy 1:7 The Lord has not given you a spirit of fear but of power! and of love! and of a sound mind.

1Peter 2:24 for by His wounds we are healed.

DogsWin7

March 17, 2014, 08:43:26 am #3 Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 06:48:07 pm by DiehardFBfan
For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves,  It is the Gift of God. Eph. 2:8

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

Psalms 107  and 103:8

And obviously....

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

KOJACK

Luke 18 9-14
The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.'

14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

Lions84

James 1:5

5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

WPWells

Isaiah 30:21

Whether you turn to the left or to the right, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying "This is my way, walk in it"

Texarkana_Piggie

"And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve,...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  Joshua 24:15

HorseFeathers

John 3:16-19

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son

Kazimierz

DogsWin7

John 14:27- Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Texarkana_Piggie

Psalm 139:14. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

DogsWin7

Texarkana_Piggie

Psalm 91:1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.

cuz

Proverbs 13:3 - He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: [but] he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction

DogsWin7

Matthew 7:1-5

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

cuz

Proverbs 17:28 - Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: [and] he that shutteth his lips [is esteemed] a man of understanding.

DogsWin7

Proverbs 12:19

The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.

Psalms 119:105

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. 

phdefense

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,

If you don't believe this one the rest do not matter.

True Believer

...30Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, 31Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.

Isaiah 40:30-31

DogsWin7

"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."   Romans 10:9

But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.  Matthew 5:39

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 17, 2014, 08:43:26 am
For by Grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves,  It is the Gift of God. Eph. 2:8

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. Isaiah 41:10

Psalms 107  and 103:8

And obviously....

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Just posted a link to my Facebook of a tattoo I have. Click it. You would enjoy it.

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

DogsWin7

You are braver than I PB!

2 Samuel 22:3

The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 30, 2014, 03:15:06 pm
You are braver than I PB!

2 Samuel 22:3

The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

That was a small 30 minute tattoo. Let me show you the other wrist.

Proud Buckaroo

Lions84

Deut 32

Vengeance is mine, and recompense,

for the time when their foot shall slip;

because the day of their calamity is at hand,

their doom comes swiftly.

phdefense

Wolfpack68

1 Corinthians 15:10
But by the grace of God I am what I am and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but a laboured more abundantly than they all; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
And I'm not getting it off of the Ernie Davis movie, I heard it a long time before The Express.

NEA Razorback olfan

But by the grace of GOD , there go I

1-Adam-12

"Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee."  Isaiah 60:1

"Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God." 3 John 11

Lions84

PrivateLesson

Luke 8:17- For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Jack1990

Quote from: PrivateLesson on June 13, 2015, 09:09:54 am
Luke 8:17- For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.
Interesting!  LOL

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: phdefense on February 11, 2015, 12:28:07 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 31, 2014, 10:33:10 pm

What verse is that?

If you read the above comment. You would know it wasn't posted for a verse. My first photo was the bible verse discussed.

PrivateLesson

Isaiah 43:2 (KJV)

2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Texarkana_Piggie

I John 4:7-8
friends, we must love one another.  Love comes from God and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God.  Those who do not love, do not know God for God is love.

PrivateLesson

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
Ephesians 4:29

NEA Razorback olfan

2 Chronicles 7:14King James Version (KJV)

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

NEA Razorback olfan

Ephesians 6:12King James Version (KJV)

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

NEA Razorback olfan

Matthew 5:10-12

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Lions84

NEA Razorback olfan

Matthew 4-15

4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

PrivateLesson

John 16:33 KJV

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

PrivateLesson

Luke 2:10-11(KJV)

..And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Lions84

John 14:6New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth[a] and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Footnotes:

14:6 The truth: in John, the divinely revealed reality of the Father manifested in the person and works of Jesus. The possession of truth confers knowledge and liberation from sin (Jn 8:32).
New American Bible (Revised Edition) (NABRE)
Scripture texts, prefaces, introductions, footnotes and cross references used in this work are taken from the New American Bible, revised edition © 2010, 1991, 1986, 1970 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, Inc., Washington, DC All Rights Reserved. No part of this work may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the copyright owner.

John 14:6 in all English translations

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas