• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any motorcycle riders on here?

Started by Breitontime, January 31, 2014, 01:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

What do you ride? How long have you been riding?

At the moment, I cruise around on 72 CB500 my pops and I built, a custom CBR600RR I built. We're in the process of building a 69 CB350T, and a 82 CB750 DOHC. And I picked up a Heritage Softail a month or so back. I have a shop full of others to build once I get the time.

Outside of the Heritage, all are one of a kind customs.

Valleysports

06 VROD Screamin Eagle - I don't ride it, I fly it!   
04 Honda VTX1300, that I need you to sale...
49 CC Scooter, sell that too.

Breitontime

We need to take the V-Rod and my CBR out to Centerville one Sadurday night.

Valleysports

bleudog

Breitontime

I saw that on the USA Today app earlier. That is absolutely awesome. I want to be buried on the first custom bike I built now.

Breitontime

Valley,

I got pulled over doing 172 a couple of years ago, luckily, the cop was a rider (had a R1), and he let me off with a warning. I prefer to keep it on a track these days.

U saw blues as I passed him. Pulled over, parked the bike, took my helmet off leaned up against the bike and waited on him. He says "I'm surprised you stopped." Told him I could have gotten away from him, but not from his radio. He told me he'd already called me in on the other side of the bridge. We got to talking about bikes, and he gave me a warning.

Valleysports

Wonder what a ticket would cost at 172 mph..

The airport runway is 1 mile long x probably 30 yds wide, smooth, swept, and maintained.  And I have it all to myself - at certain times of the day/night.  I've ordered a Popcorn Popper for the hangar.     

Breitontime

There is no ticket. There is a we impound your bike and pop you with a felony.

DogsWin7

They should impound Valleys for free.....his scooter is plenty fast enough. Lol!;)

Valleysports

Honestly - I doubt there are many riders on FF, Bri.  Most of the these guys are mini-van (frat) types, a few would probably prefer riding passenger (politically correct term). 

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on February 01, 2014, 09:56:30 am
Honestly - I doubt there are many riders on FF, Bri.  Most of the these guys are mini-van (frat) types, a few would probably prefer riding passenger (politically correct term).
since when are you so worried about being politically correct??   If that's the case what about equality?

Valleysports

The most commonly used word doesn't get past the FF word sensor.  Equality?  I think everyone is treated the same when it comes to motorcycles. I'm certainly for equality!  Bri - would you go back and put "Boy's Only" in the subject title please.......

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on February 01, 2014, 10:43:25 am
The most commonly used word doesn't get past the FF word sensor.  Equality?  I think everyone is treated the same when it comes to motorcycles. I'm certainly for equality!  Bri - would you go back and put "Boy's Only" in the subject title please.......
oh that had sting......or did it.....? Lol!! 

Breitontime

I have learned, you've never had a real good time until you've dated a biker chick.

Valleysports

1983 XLCH 1500 MILES ON TOPEND. ALL NEW BERRINGS IN TRANNY AND NEW CLUTCH ASSEMBLY READY TO INSTALL. .TRADE FOR TRUCK ,SUV,SPORTCAR .LOST INTEREST CAUSE BOUGHT NEWER BIGGER BIKE

Valleysports

2003 Harley V-Rod with 23,000 miles. Excellent running condition. Lots of chrome, located in Sherwood. $8,000.00.

Breitontime

How much they asking on the Ironhead? I've been looking for an IH engine/tranny to do a build around.

bleudog

Quote from: Breitontime on February 01, 2014, 12:29:55 pm
I have learned, you've never had a real good time until you've dated a biker chick.

Breitontime

Lolz.

This is who I have plans to spend Bike Week with. She's kind of a Badarse.

She built that bike herself, it's pretty rad.

Valleysports

He's answered $2000 obo, doesn't sound bottom $ to me.

Breitontime

Meh', in that condition, I'd five him $750-$1,000.

Valleysports

Kinda what I thought - I'll keep an eye on it.  $8,000 for that 03 VROD, with 23,000 miles, makes me feel good about the 06 screamin eagle, with 1800 miles. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: bleudog on February 02, 2014, 11:54:44 am
Quote from: Breitontime on February 01, 2014, 12:29:55 pm

now that's funny!!   ;D 

Valleysports

Hey Diehard - post that pic of you on your bike?

Idoknow

February 03, 2014, 12:33:16 pm #26 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:55:27 pm by Idoknow
Have a 1996 Dyna Glide bought new, has only 14,000 miles. As you can see don't ride enough, but did take it to Daytona bike Wk. one yr. I met a guy from NY. who did free hand painting and it was amazing to watch him mix paint to match your bike. I had him to paint "Tear Drops" on my gas tank and finders with a few other designs. It turned out beautiful. The down side was it rained 6 out of the 7 days I was there but still had a wonderful time with est. 200,000 bikers! Looking to go back this Yr.

Breitontime

Daytona Bike Week is 200,000+ bikers.

You said hand painting, are you talking about pinstripping?

Idoknow

February 03, 2014, 01:53:58 pm #28 Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 02:02:10 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: Breitontime on February 03, 2014, 01:27:21 pm
Daytona Bike Week is 200,000+ bikers.

You said hand painting, are you talking about pinstripping?
Sorry, I left out a 0. Will modify! No pinstripping, actual free hand painting. Like I said, watched him mix the paint and do the painting. It took 2 hrs. to finish. He stayed busy the hold wk, probably had to turn some away. Tear Drops out lined in dark Green with beautiful Gold in the middle.

Breitontime

Can you post a pic of what you mean.

Sounds like you're talking about free hand pinstripping with paint, which is how the good ones do it. Most think of it as laying tape down.

Or, do you mean airbrushing?

Idoknow

Quote from: Breitontime on February 03, 2014, 01:57:30 pm
Can you post a pic of what you mean.

Sounds like you're talking about free hand pinstripping with paint, which is how the good ones do it. Most think of it as laying tape down.

Or, do you mean airbrushing?
No tape or airbrushing. Watched him paint free hand just like someone would draw a Tear Drop on a piece of paper. Amazing Artist!

Breitontime

You mean something along these lines? My lady friend did this bike yesterday, freehand.

DogsWin7

Tear drop is more round...you know tear drop shape....not lines! Lol!!  ;D

Awesome job.   

Idoknow

Quote from: Breitontime on February 03, 2014, 03:45:57 pm
You mean something along these lines? My lady friend did this bike yesterday, freehand.

I don't thing so! I have a friend that's paints and air brushes, mostly Vet's! Who really did this, did a beautiful job.

Breitontime

That is considered pinstripping. Jill does it for a living. Her and I will be set up as vendors at Daytona Bike Week this year.

Idoknow

Quote from: Breitontime on February 03, 2014, 04:15:37 pm
That is considered pinstripping. Jill does it for a living. Her and I will be set up as vendors at Daytona Bike Week this year.
Nice pinstripping, are ya'll going to set up on the main strip or close to the race track?

Breitontime

Find out next week. We were invited a couple weekends ago at a show in Miami. I imagine being a late addition, it won't be on Main St.

Uncle Ivan

I don't trust other drivers enough to ever hop on a bike.

Breitontime

Ride defensively in town, let her scream when you're not in town.

I've laid one bike down due to another driver. Fortunately, I knew what I was doing and lowsided it, rather than highsiding and getting thrown.

Valleysports

1250CC's of unleashed Screamin Eagle - Bringitontime!

Breitontime

My little 600'll smoke that thing.

Like most Harley's, though, it looks pretty :-).

Valleysports

Now you know Porsche engineers designed this for the Harley-Porsche Racing Team.  This one was dialed down just enough to be street legal and that's questionable.  Keep that 600 out of the way - I might not be able to hold this beast back....

Breitontime

She's pushing 200mph after a cam job and removing close to 100lbs. That V-Rod tops at 165.

I know all about Porsche's involvement in the V-Rod. Same size engine as the Sportster, putting out double the power. Didn't go over well with the typical Harley crowd.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Breitontime on February 03, 2014, 09:08:22 pm
Ride defensively in town, let her scream when you're not in town.

I've laid one bike down due to another driver. Fortunately, I knew what I was doing and lowsided it, rather than highsiding and getting thrown.

Sure, but you can do everything right and still get killed.  I had a cousin in Benton who was killed a couple years ago on a bike due to another driver.

I've always wanted to ride one, but that soured things quite a bit.

Breitontime

I mean, yeah, you'll always be at a greater risk. But, what's the fun in not taking risks? I absolutely love riding, it ranks right up there with practicing babymaking, and leads to a lot of said behavior.

Kazimierz

Quote from: Breitontime on February 24, 2014, 08:49:49 pm
I mean, yeah, you'll always be at a greater risk. But, what's the fun in not taking risks? I absolutely love riding, it ranks right up there with practicing babymaking, and leads to a lot of said behavior.

I'd ride a bike, but not in a metro area.  My daily commute takes me on some major interstates and roads... I don't like the idea of being on the same road as 9000 lb Tahoes and Semis.

Maybe if I ever move back to Oxford, MS and live on the square again (those were the days) I'd get a bike.

Those California Customs seem nice (Anybody ever test ridden one?):
http://www.motoguzzi-us.com/motorcycles/california-1400-custom.html

Same price as a Dyna and a few more gadgets.

Breitontime

I've always been a fan of the Guzzi's. Been on the lookout for an old one for a while now.

I've ridden around Tampa for years. I was iffy for the first few months, now big cities don't bother me much anymore.

Breitontime

Got a line on an early 50's Ducati that was raced at Daytona (Premier race of that time). I doubt he lets it go for less than $10K, but I'm going to try to wriggle it away from him. The owner is the one who raced it.

Valleysports

I've been working on getting you a shot at some old bikes Breitontime.  Several 80'ish yr old gentlemen, I know, have old motorcycles.  The one's you'd be interested were raced in California, then he moved back to Centerville and parked them, in a barn, 40 yrs ago.  I think one is a Ducati - I don't know motorcycle history enough to remember, but he still wants to hold on to them.  I don't know if you'd be interested in Cushman's?  Another friend restored a half dozen Cushman's, decades ago, been sitting under blankets in an old shop for years.  I've seen them - pretty neat.  Need to be in a Museum.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas