• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dixon

Started by rattlerfan24, October 01, 2011, 11:27:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rattlerfan24

Very cool to see Dixon on facebook last night saying a prayer for Ryan!  I know he is an elite athelete...seems like an elite person!!

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 01, 2011, 11:27:56 am
Very cool to see Dixon on facebook last night saying a prayer for Ryan!  I know he is an elite athelete...seems like an elite person!!
+1

Bearden_Bear72

bleudog

October 17, 2011, 07:16:49 am #3 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 11:10:39 am by bleudog
The Strong Bulldog is reported to have verbally committed to become a La Tech Bulldog: 

CLICK HERE

Geaux Dawgs!  Moooove the chains!!!!!

Jesus Saves

I would take Dixon any day over a Ronnie Wingo.  I would have loved to see a fellow South Arkansas player make it up to the Hill, but I wish young Dixon the best of luck at La Tech.  I think they got a steal here.  Congrats young man, You've earned it.

Lions84

Dixon is a classy kid.

cuz

Great Athlete and will be a asset to the La. Tech. program, good luck to Mr. Dixon............

keohog

Dixon is the best player England has played against this year , wonder why Arkansas hasn't offered.

HORNET-MAN

Congratulation!!!!!! And Good Luck.

bigworm

October 17, 2011, 12:26:00 pm #9 Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:35:53 pm by bigworm
Dixon is a bad man. i really don't understand why the hogs didn't look at him. did he go to any of the combines? Petrino, i know you are reading. PLEASE!!!!! get dixon on the hill!!!

bleudog

ISU7

mr.gametime

I think all the running backs that arkansas won't is in the 2013 class

strong best fan

Congrats kenneth for making the dixon family proud. wish you the best at la tech. we know you gonna show em why we call you a beast. stay up cuzzo!

NATION

Quote from: Lions84 on October 17, 2011, 08:01:07 am
Dixon is a classy kid.

Besides the time that he bit a chunk out of someone's shoulder last year in a basketball game..

lionfan59

just wonder why Arkansas always lets backs like Dixon leave the state.  Just seems to me that we let guys like Dixon go.  I mean you have Cedric Huston, Dyer, i think his name is Frazier, you had Stackhouse who played at West Memphis and then Old Miss then the NYG, Robert Thomas Played at UAPB then the Cowboys.  I mean Arkansas has tons of quality backs yet no matter who the coach is up there they seem to go elsewhere.  What are they doing on the Hill up there.  Well Dixon I think if I had to choose between you or Lowe from Bearden I'm taking you.  Just glad Dixon is not going to another SEC team so we wont have to worry about him running all over us. 

Jesus Saves

If you get Lowe you get more of a package.... with Dixon you only have a RB or a LB.  That's probably the difference... Both are great athletes and Heaven know's we need LB's and RB's on the Hill. JMO

bleudog

January 12, 2012, 07:20:58 am #17 Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 07:30:04 am by bleudog
KD has been nominated for the AmerCable/News-Times Football Player of the Year award:  CLICK HERE

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on January 12, 2012, 07:20:58 am
KD has been nominated for the AmerCable/News-Times Football Player of the Year award:  CLICK HERE
Hope Mr. Dixon gets this, he's very deserving of it........

cuz

Quote from: cuz on January 12, 2012, 07:57:28 pm
Kenneth Dixon named Union County's top overall athlete at the Eldorado New-Times/Nexans Amercable banquet Thursday night. KD broke the single season rushing record in football and was the second leading scorer on the Strong Bulldogs baketball team............
             Congatulations to Mr. Kenneth Dixon job well done

bleudog

Quote from: cuz on May 25, 2012, 06:32:59 pm
Quote from: cuz on January 12, 2012, 07:57:28 pm
Kenneth Dixon named Union County's top overall athlete at the Eldorado New-Times/Nexans Amercable banquet Thursday night. KD broke the single season rushing record in football and was the second leading scorer on the Strong Bulldogs baketball team............
             Congatulations to Mr. Kenneth Dixon job well done

CLICK HERE

bleudog

"Dykes also announced Friday that signees Adairius Barnes, Kentrell Brice, Vernon Butler, Kenneth Dixon, Thaddeus Medford and Tra'vez Taylor have all enrolled in school for the first summer session."

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060812aaa.html

bleudog

bleudog

whippersnapper

Good to hear he is doing well and making a name for himself. I still remember the first play of the state championship game. As soon as he got that snap... I was thinking oh crap that kid is gone!

bleudog

August 07, 2012, 08:23:37 am #25 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:26:44 pm by bleudog
Another tranining camp article:  CLICK HERE

Louisiana Tech Head Coach Sonny Dykes on Kenneth Dixon:

"Kenneth [Dixon] is a big guy, he is a load. He has to learn how to avoid those collisions and we have to learn how to practice well together. He is going to be a tough guy to tackle. We think he does a good job of running behind his pads but we will see how he does over the long haul. Sometimes freshmen tend to wear out a little bit but he is one of those kids that is strong enough, physical enough and we think mature enough that we think he is a special guy and have high expectations for him. We will see how it plays out."

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on August 07, 2012, 08:23:37 am
Another tranining camp article:  CLICK HERE
Nice article bleu, looks like KD is drawing a little attention already..............

Wilson

it appears he is drawing alot of attention at Tech. . KSLA out of Shreveport is doing a story on Dixon tonight on their 10pm sports. . They said he is turning alot of heads on the coaching staff and has moved up near the top of what was already a stacked depth chart at RB. .

CMhawgtracks

From what I hear he has bulked up quite a bit and hasn't lost any speed. Arkansas missed the boat on this young man.

bleudog

August 11, 2012, 10:52:22 pm #29 Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 11:09:46 pm by bleudog
"We knew Kenneth [Dixon] was a pretty physical runner but didn't know how that would translate because we haven't been tackling," said Dykes. "I thought he ran extremely hard, he was hard to tackle, he showed a little bit more elusiveness in the open field than he has up to this point and he caught the ball well. What he has to do and a lot of young running backs have to do is learn to pick up the blitz in pass protection. But he caught the ball well, ran routes well, has good ball security, ran tough and was productive."

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081112aaa.html

Not sure if there were two #28s on the practice field or not, but:

bleudog

A few more from Fan Day:

bleudog

"The offense made some highlight plays early on with an impressive play by freshman Kenneth Dixon. Dixon gained about 10 yards on the ground before he was wrapped up by approximately nine members of the defense. Never stopping to move his feet, Dixon somehow broke free of the mob and rushed for an extra 40 yards before he was finally brought down."

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081712aac.html

;D

AirWarren

Arkansas missed a steal.

Congrats to the young man and best of luck at LA Tech.

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on August 18, 2012, 08:40:53 am
"The offense made some highlight plays early on with an impressive play by freshman Kenneth Dixon. Dixon gained about 10 yards on the ground before he was wrapped up by approximately nine members of the defense. Never stopping to move his feet, Dixon somehow broke free of the mob and rushed for an extra 40 yards before he was finally brought down."

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/081712aac.html

;D
Very impressive......

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: AW on August 18, 2012, 12:34:46 pm
Arkansas missed a steal.

he was offererd by Arkansas

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on August 18, 2012, 03:39:04 pm
Quote from: AW on August 18, 2012, 12:34:46 pm
Arkansas missed a steal.

he was offererd by Arkansas

Not until after the State Championship game, by then it was to late. The young man made his decision and stuck with it.

Lions84

UA miss a good one due to their 2A bais that had bit them over the years. My HS in TX sent a kicker to LATECH and I hope Dixion keeps him busy kicking PATS!

HogWildBison2011

He had the best performance I have seen EVER in a game... that young man will be something big (if not bigger) later on in life.

bleudog

Quote from: Lions84 on August 26, 2012, 07:20:10 pm
UA miss a good one due to their 2A bais that had bit them over the years. My HS in TX sent a kicker to LATECH and I hope Dixion keeps him busy kicking PATS!

Would that be Steele HS?

CMhawgtracks

LATech plays Texas A&M on ESPn 2 on Thursday night

Catattack82

Hope he runs all over am

bleudog

August 27, 2012, 08:53:46 am #41 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 09:57:42 am by bleudog
Quote from: Catattack82 on August 27, 2012, 07:57:14 am
Hope he runs all over am

I just hope KD doesn't have to swim.  I know a lot of folks need the rain, but Isaac needs to go east.

bleudog

August 28, 2012, 04:09:21 pm #42 Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 04:14:14 pm by bleudog
KD's first chance to hit the field as a La Tech Bulldog will be in Houston on September 8th.

Louisiana Tech vs Texas A&M postponed until October 13th. Both teams have bye week then.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082812aaa.html

CMhawgtracks

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on August 26, 2012, 08:21:23 pm
He had the best performance I have seen EVER in a game... that young man will be something big (if not bigger) later on in life.

Kenneth is a remarkable young man, on and off the field. He can become whatever he wishes.

Good luck KD
Go Dogs

thedeltarazorback

I told someone this past weekend that Arkansas will regret not recruiting Dixon harder. LA Tech is getting a very talented athlete and I look forward to seeing him excel in Ruston and hopefully on to the NFL in a few years. He's a Strong Bulldog that won't be soon forgotten.

bleudog

September 08, 2012, 09:55:30 pm #45 Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:58:34 pm by bleudog
Has 50 yards and a TD (so far) in his first FBS game.

bleudog

"Louisiana Tech introduced its own version of "Thunder and Lightning" Saturday night as freshmen running backs Tevin King and Kenneth Dixon scampered, plodded and plowed their way to more than 200 yards and four scores in their collegiate debuts as the Bulldogs downed Houston 56-49 at Robertson Stadium."

CLICK HERE

the game

The La Tech / Houston replay of the game will be on in 7 minutes at 3:00 pm on Dish channel 158  CBS SN , not sure the channel # on Direct , but 158 on Dish .

Lord Infamous™

La tech has a young and very good back field. good luck dixon from jc

bleudog

September 10, 2012, 07:35:13 pm #49 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:42:34 pm by bleudog
                         No.  Gain  Loss Net  TD  Lg   Avg.
Dixon,Kenneth    18     99      9    90   1   32   5.0

CLICK HERE

Also in photos 262 - 263 - 264 - 265

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas