• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per Rivals Coach Mike Cox set to retire at Bearden!

Started by Lions84, February 23, 2011, 02:35:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

loyal fan

gatecrasher

treehair

Coach Cox said that Coaching at a small school was just too much on him. Having to handle the kids as the students and the athletes, he said it was really hard on his health. Boy, did he leave a mark on Bearden Football.

loyal fan

treehair

I, personally, don't think he will return to Camden Fairview. Just my opinion. I think he had a great career but its coming to a close. Needless to say, he is a legend of legends among coaches.

gatecrasher

treehair

I dont think so. But your right. We will see. I live in the Bearden area. Actaully a little town right outside of Bearden called Holly Springs. So im associated with alot. And i mean ALOT of Bearden people and word around is he is done for good. I heard from his own mouth. Js.....

bleudog

I don't know if the school ever put out an applicant list or not, but did Cox apply for the UAM HC job when it came open last year? 

Thought I'd heard Cox's son was either over there or would transfer from where he is to possibly play for his dad again.

gatecrasher

I know where Holly Springs is. I pass through there all the time driving between home (Hot Springs) and El Dorado.

My understanding is he was gonna take a year off to rest up and then see what happens....

treehair

Well im not sure. There has been alot of talk thrown around about what will happen. I guess the best option os to wait and see how it all plays out.

GeorgeWBush

Mike Cox did a great job at Bearden but a dead animal could have coached those kids.  He had more talent per capita than anyone in the state not named Earle.  He has also applied and interviewed for every job in the state.  It must either be a bad place to work or live.  My guess would be both.

the game

Quote from: GeorgeWBush on April 14, 2011, 11:08:35 am
Mike Cox did a great job at Bearden but a dead animal could have coached those kids.  He had more talent per capita than anyone in the state not named Earle.  He has also applied and interviewed for every job in the state.  It must either be a bad place to work or live.  My guess would be both.
What a piece of Crap , and coming from the worst President in the history of the United States Of America , but I guess that figures from a Moron like that  ;D

GeorgeWBush

Care to dispute anything in my post or just make Bearden sound like everyone else already thinks it does?

the game

Quote from: the game on April 20, 2011, 08:19:33 pm
Quote from: GeorgeWBush on April 14, 2011, 11:08:35 am
What a piece of Crap , and coming from the worst President in the history of the United States Of America , but I guess that figures from a Moron like that  ;D
Quote from: GeorgeWBush on April 25, 2011, 09:57:17 am
Care to dispute anything in my post or just make Bearden sound like everyone else already thinks it does?
1. Mike did a great job , TRUE   2. a dead animal could have coached those kids , FALSE ,  Me and You and a whole bunch more couldn't  3.  He had more talent per capita than any team not named Earle , FALSE , Junction City .  4.  He has applied for every job in the State , FALSE , Atkins and a whole bunch more  5 .  It must be a bad place to work and live , FALSE , Me and a bunch more Love It , come down and I'll buy you a drink and a sandwich and you can see for your self .   I will admit that if Obama doesn't straighten up real fast , he may tie you for the worst President in the history of The United States of America . ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas