• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Assistant coaching jobs?

Started by toobad4u993, December 06, 2010, 11:26:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

toobad4u993

Where could I find assistant coaching jobs? All of the ones that I ever see come open are head coaching jobs. And how would someone go about getting a start with a college program?

colts52

Usually to start at the college level you have to go volunteer at their summer camps they put on. Get to know the coaches. Make sure you make a good impression. Work hard, and be diligent. It's hard to get on a college  staff, but this is the most effective way unless you know some of the coaches or have an outstanding resume.

JohnBarleycorn

The AAEA and AAA websites are usually pretty good resources.

You can try and find a college to be a GA at.

JohnBarleycorn

Norphlet looking for Asst Football/Asst Baseball/History

nightowl

Earle is looking for some aasistant coaches

NWA Hawg

Quote from: nightowl on December 18, 2010, 04:13:49 pm

What teaching postitions go along with them and is experience a must?

nightowl

Quote from: fann07 on December 18, 2010, 06:27:30 pm
Quote from: nightowl on December 18, 2010, 04:13:49 pm

What teaching postitions go along with them and is experience a must?
also looking for a cerf. math teacher  should not be a problem with experience from what i understand a person that is cerf to teach math on the high school could end up with a job as early as Jan 11 just go talk with the supt. there His name is Mr NICKS

NWA Hawg

Is it a mid-year january hire or end of the year may hire?

nightowl

If i was you i go aheaded and put in for it Jan 3 . You are cef in Math on the high school level right meaning 9- 12

NWA Hawg

Quote from: nightowl on December 27, 2010, 03:46:26 am
If i was you i go aheaded and put in for it Jan 3 . You are cef in Math on the high school level right meaning 9- 12

I am doing my iternship this semester and will be certificted to teach Secondary Mathematics (9-12) and secondary Physicial education (7-12) once I graduate in May. This is why I was wandering if it were a January or May opening and if experice was a must. Do you still think it will be open in May and if it were you would you go ahead and send an application in?

nightowl

I would still apply if I were you. Anything can happen. U can actually do your internship in Earle if u wanted to.

Busman

fann07 -

Get your elem phys ed certification.  That becomes mandatory in 2014 for all elem PE teachers.   It will help you in landing a job.  Several districts are able to supplement their coaching staffs by using elem PE teaching positions.

WonderBoy17

Harrison could have some secondary math jobs open at the end of the school year, dont know yet if any coaching will be tied to it, but could be.

JohnBarleycorn

Arkadelphia needs a math teacher/coach ASAP.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on January 30, 2011, 03:06:52 pm
Arkadelphia needs a math teacher/coach ASAP.

Is this a football assistant opening and again is experience needed?

JohnBarleycorn

The info came from football coach/AD so I assume it is, but if you are interested contact Billy Elmore at Arkadelphia.

JohnBarleycorn

Shiloh Christian's DC has left.

R. A.™

JohnBarleycorn

Per the AAA Bulletin Board Nashville has an Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator opening.

mrknowitall

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on March 14, 2011, 10:40:42 am
Per the AAA Bulletin Board Nashville has an Assistant Coach/Defensive Coordinator opening.

good luck on this job...i fully expect to see boomer brown back in orange and black next season.

loyal fan

Quote from: mrknowitall on March 14, 2011, 12:09:43 pm

Are things not well in Hot Springs?

good luck on this job...i fully expect to see boomer brown back in orange and black next season.

JohnBarleycorn

Quote from: mrknowitall on March 14, 2011, 12:09:43 pm

Yeah, that seems to the rumor here too.

pride65

Are things not well in Hot Springs?

Help me out here...whats the connection in Nashville, Brown, and Hot Springs??

senatorfan

Coach Brown was the DC at Nashville during their epic run when Dawson was HC. After Coach Dawson left, Boomer went to HS Lakeside to be the DC.

loyal fan

Openings sure are few this spring.

footballislife

Any jobs opening up in Northwest Arkansas?

whippersnapper

Mena has a high school wr coaching position open. Whoever gets it would probably have to teach elementary pe like the last wr coach. The wr coach may double as the secondary coach as well but I'm not sure yet.

toobad4u993

Quote from: bearcatwhippersnapper on May 09, 2011, 02:29:16 pm
Mena has a high school wr coaching position open. Whoever gets it would probably have to teach elementary pe like the last wr coach. The wr coach may double as the secondary coach as well but I'm not sure yet.
Sure do wish I was out of college already

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas