• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GRADUATE AT 20

Started by FSU_noles25, September 23, 2010, 01:11:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FSU_noles25

I am going to graduate college at the age of 20 with my teaching degree. I went to be a science teacher and a football coach. Is there anyway i would be able to find a job at this age?

WorkOrder

Yes. It shouldn't be too hard being able to teach Science.

toobad4u993

I am also doing the same thing but I will graduate at 21. What would be the best way to find coaching and teaching jobs after graduating?

pirates123

Gosnell is advertising for a science teacher now. Pay is pretty good.

wonderboys

Quote from: toobad4u993 on October 19, 2010, 09:31:38 pm
I am also doing the same thing but I will graduate at 21. What would be the best way to find coaching and teaching jobs after graduating?

Check the AAA website starting in January. Football positions especially will start to be listed then. Be patient. It may take through as late as July for the coaching carousel to fully get turning. Also, check school websites. If you hear a rumor look as deep into it as you can. Even call the schools if you hear of possible openings. Plus, make as many "friends" a.k.a. contacts, as you can. Who you know is many times more valuable than what you know.

Sneekers

If you WENT a job watch your spelling on the resume.

toobad4u993

wonderboys

There was nothing wrong with the spelling in his sentence. The error was how you read the sentence. I believe he "went" to college to be a science teacher and a football coach.

FSU_noles25

It was the correct spelling.  Thank you wonderboys for the information.

Busman

Virtually every school district will have an opening for a science teacher each year.  The more advanced you can teach, you can have even better choices.  Take as many of the Praxis as you are eligible for.  With science people, I think you can be even bolder in your search.  In addition to filling out applications through personnel offices, I would call any head coach you are interested in working for and let him know of your availability.  Believe me, when he hears science, you will get some special attention.  You will virtually be able to pick your own job. 

wonderboys

FSU noles25- Send me a personal message. I have a school that is looking for a science teacher/football coach to start in January.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas