• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Baseball Job At Dierks

Started by skydiver, May 09, 2010, 09:50:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

skydiver

Dierks High School is looking for a knowledgable coach to coach baseball and assist in football.  There is some very good talent coming and the community is ready to get back on the winning track.  Seriously, there is some of the best talent in the state in the 8th grade and the classes above and below for several years look real good.  If you are looking for an opportunity to coach at a good school and possibly win a state championship, apply asap.  Job will be filled pretty soon with some lucky person.

No Name

Quote from: skydiver on May 09, 2010, 09:50:18 pm
Dierks High School is looking for a knowledgable coach to coach baseball and assist in football.  There is some very good talent coming and the community is ready to get back on the winning track.  Seriously, there is some of the best talent in the state in the 8th grade and the classes above and below for several years look real good.  If you are looking for an opportunity to coach at a good school and possibly win a state championship, apply asap.  Job will be filled pretty soon with some lucky person.

How is the pay???

loyal fan

Wow what talant!  8th graders winning state.  Thought ya'll just hired a hometown boy?  Why would he quit so soon?

Arkfballfan81

Quote from: loyal fan on May 10, 2010, 08:55:00 am
Wow what talant!  8th graders winning state.  Thought ya'll just hired a hometown boy?  Why would he quit so soon?

I read on southwestradio.com (B99.5 website) that Coach Harper resigned from the Baseball job and accepted the Boys Basketball job making the Baseball job vacant.  I'm not sure about the 8th graders, I don't know the class.  But the 10th graders for next year (Tipton, Walston, Jester, ect.) is an athletic class.  They were 9th graders this past year and got a lot of playing time in baseball.  I still don't believe they will attract a lot of big time baseball coaches, maybe another hometown coach or a first year coach with baseball knowledge will get it and help get it back on track.

skydiver

Ok here we go again.  No Name thanks for the interest.  Pay is not great.  Around 38,000 for a first year coach.  As far as the talent pool, in two years this will be an outstanding team to be a part of.  Like the previous post stated, the freshman group this year is pretty darn good, but they are going to get a lot of quality help next year. Gonna be young next year but very athletic and talented.  I have been around enough baseball to know talent and it is definately there. 

fbfan20

I hear that Jared Fannin, former Outlaw and Ark Tech Wonderboy pitcher and head baseball coach at Ashdown was hired for this position.

WonderBoy17

You are correct.  He did get the job.

Arkfballfan81

Quote from: fbfan20 on May 19, 2010, 10:54:10 pm

I hear that Jared Fannin, former Outlaw and Ark Tech Wonderboy pitcher and head baseball coach at Ashdown was hired for this position.

That's who I was originally thinking of when I said home town boy.  I believe he tried to come back to Dierks a year or 2 ago, but they hired somebody else.  Great to see Coach Fannin back in Dierks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas