• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Episcopal vs Prescott

Started by BananaHands501, March 05, 2014, 09:39:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaHands501

KOJACK where you at? Episcopal comes in with a lot of momentum this game but can Prescott pull the upset??

Hogwild#9

They will pull the upset when pigs fly....

BananaHands501

Prescott beat BHG by 12 points back in December..

WPWells

December games mean nothing this time of year. ECS by 15

BananaHands501

That's true. Just trying to draw in some common opponents.

crmorrow24

Prescott pulls the upset 55-54.  Wait, I was dreaming, EPC by 25.

Jimbo Morphis

i'm old and can't remember. does epc have most their team back from last year?

ZoneBuster

crmorrow24

ZoneBuster

People who are trying to follow a coherent conversation ;)

crmorrow24

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 05, 2014, 10:06:45 am
People who are trying to follow a coherent conversation ;)
Were talking about basketball right, like I said who gives a crap, how many days until football.

Jimbo Morphis

WildcatGrandpa13

ECS by 20. Curley Pups go down to the mighty Wildcats in basketball and football this year.

crmorrow24

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 05, 2014, 10:30:42 am
ECS by 20. Curley Pups go down to the mighty Wildcats in basketball and football this year.
You will be eating those words next year.

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 10:43:42 am
He said this year. We'll worry bout next year later.

crmorrow24

Quote from: cdelaney on March 05, 2014, 10:47:24 am
We can do this all day.  Epissapoor will get manhandled by the Curley Wolves and you better hope they don't pull the upset in basketball come tomorrow.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 10:50:04 am
We can do this all day.  Epissapoor will get manhandled by the Curley Wolves and you better hope they don't pull the upset in basketball come tomorrow.
You know it hasn't been a good year when you say "next year" and I like your Epissapoor but they are probably the richest school in the state lol

crmorrow24

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on March 05, 2014, 10:57:03 am
You know it hasn't been a good year when you say "next year" and I like your Epissapoor but they are probably the richest school in the state lol
Call them like I see them.  Bought players.

crmorrow24

They still have half the facilities we have, we are richer, richer in TRADITION!!!! 

Hogwild#9

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 11:13:28 am
They still have half the facilities we have, we are richer, richer in TRADITION!!!!
They haven't been around to long. I hope you have more tradition. Prescott has a nicer stadium but they also use to be 4A

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 11:10:47 am
Bought players? Which ones? Lame excuse is getting old. All of the kids who actually contributed significantly in FB and BB have been at ECS since 6th grade, which at that time was the youngest grade in the school. Do you think the school administration was going around LRSD and  recruiting kids with financial aid when they were in the 5th grade? Again, as I have said before, we have lost many athletes to other larger LR schools, public and private, over our brief history, who wouild have helped us, esp in FB. And when I see or hear about roster changes, move in  and move outs, etc, at many smaller schools in the state, I think there is plenty of recruiting going on out there as well.
It is not surprising that you have a richer tradition, since we graduated our first senior class 10 yrs ago. It would be sad if you didn't. It is a great tradition, and you and your town should be proud and obviously are. But that doesn't affect what happens now! If it did then why should we play the games, just concede because of your superior tradition? And yes on facilities as well; we are a small school, 2A sized, and they are fine for us, but not as nice/spacious as Prescott and most other 3A schools we have visited.
So lets enjoy the new rivalry while it lasts; I am looking forward to next year in FB abd BB- should be fun. But stop with the bought players/recruiting excuses- they are way past getting old.

hornethigh-mhs

crmorrow24

Quote from: cdelaney on March 05, 2014, 12:03:46 pm
Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 11:10:47 am
Bought players? Which ones? Lame excuse is getting old. All of the kids who actually contributed significantly in FB and BB have been at ECS since 6th grade, which at that time was the youngest grade in the school. Do you think the school administration was going around LRSD and  recruiting kids with financial aid when they were in the 5th grade? Again, as I have said before, we have lost many athletes to other larger LR schools, public and private, over our brief history, who wouild have helped us, esp in FB. And when I see or hear about roster changes, move in  and move outs, etc, at many smaller schools in the state, I think there is plenty of recruiting going on out there as well.
It is not surprising that you have a richer tradition, since we graduated our first senior class 10 yrs ago. It would be sad if you didn't. It is a great tradition, and you and your town should be proud and obviously are. But that doesn't affect what happens now! If it did then why should we play the games, just concede because of your superior tradition? And yes on facilities as well; we are a small school, 2A sized, and they are fine for us, but not as nice/spacious as Prescott and most other 3A schools we have visited.
So lets enjoy the new rivalry while it lasts; I am looking forward to next year in FB abd BB- should be fun. But stop with the bought players/recruiting excuses- they are way past getting old.
Good post. 

BananaHands501

Do you not know the private schools host a private auction? The players are presented and the highest bidder wins!!!!! ECS got all the best kids because we are the richest!! Where have you been.

WildcatGrandpa13

I don't have any words to eat about next year bud. Haven't made any predictions about football or basketball next year. But what I do know is, we beat you in football, and odds are we are going to beat you in basketball with our "bought players"

crmorrow24

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 05, 2014, 12:32:06 pm
I don't have any words to eat about next year bud. Haven't made any predictions about football or basketball next year. But what I do know is, we beat you in football, and odds are we are going to beat you in basketball with our "bought players"
EXACTLEY,,,  Bought players, don't forget about your awesome track team that came out of nowwhere.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 12:33:48 pm
EXACTLEY,,,  Bought players, don't forget about your awesome track team that came out of nowwhere.
Okay so let me get this straight: you are saying we recruited our best runner, Senior Zack McGinnis, who was a senior last year, all the way from Tennessee? His dad received a job at St. Vincent, and his parents looked around and decided for him to come to Episcopal. If they were so worried about him going to a great track school, he would've gone to a school with an actual track. Just because we put L's on all sports of your school doesn't mean you make excuses about them. Grow up and take the losses like a man. Stop being such a sore loser.

ISU7

lol +1 Curley Wolves and Colts!!!!!rule track...

crmorrow24

Quote from: ISU7 on March 05, 2014, 12:41:11 pm
lol +1 Curley Wolves and Colts!!!!!rule track...
Finally someone making sense.  Epissopoor will figure it out soon enough.  Has nothing to do with being a sore loser. 

BananaHands501

last years senior Adam Angel nicknamed "White Lightening" was recruited out of the womb to come to ECS. Once he took his first steps, Pa Catholic and ECS were in a full out recruiting war over this kid. ECS threw down such an offer his parents could not resist to take it.

crmorrow24

Quote from: BananaHands501 on March 05, 2014, 12:46:21 pm
last years senior Adam Angel nicknamed "White Lightening" was recruited out of the womb to come to ECS. Once he took his first steps, Pa Catholic and ECS were in a full out recruiting war over this kid. ECS threw down such an offer his parents could not resist to take it.
Non-Fiction

Jimbo Morphis

does ecs have most of their team back from last year?

WPWells

Way to get a jump start on the recruiting conversation, Prescott. Last year we waited until AFTER the state tournament before we started this

BananaHands501

Yes ECS returns all starters.

BananaHands501

Can't wait for football next year.

Jimbo Morphis

crmorrow24

Quote from: Oldman on March 05, 2014, 01:37:34 pm
Quote from: BananaHands501 on March 05, 2014, 01:30:02 pm
wow, thats what i thought.
Prescott also returns everyone, plus a good group from Jr. High.  This game will not be close.  Remember two years ago, didn't turn out to good for you didn't it?   

cdelaney

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 01:45:17 pm
Prescott also returns everyone, plus a good group from Jr. High.  This game will not be close.  Remember two years ago, didn't turn out to good for you didn't it?   
That was way ugly for sure, but I don't expect it to be like that next Fall.  I am not sure whether people are talking about FB or BB as far as returning starters. In FB next year, we have to replace two all state seniors, our QB and our best lineman. We have a talented QB who will be a senior, so obviously he hasn't played much in pressure situations; if he steps up we will be fine. Don't know when we play you guys but hopefully we'll have an idea about him by then. Although the lineman was very good, we have pretty good depth right now, won't be too big of a dropoff. Other problem is the QB who is leaving was a very good safety, 7 INT's each of last two years; and the probable new starter at QB was a very good LB last year, probably can't play LB and QB both! So have to replace him. We lost a few more seniors who were good and contributed, but again probably have replacements who will do fine. All of our other skill players (RB and WR) will be back.
In BB we lost 2 seniors off of last years team, but none of them key players; next year we will lose one of our starting guards who is a great 3Pt shooter and valuable all around player (he is also the senior QB above), but no one else in our top 8 players.
My overall expectation is we will be about as good in FB and BB next year as we have been this year.
All of this assumes we don't beef up our recruiting class, of course. lol

Batman44

Hogwild#9

ECS does not recruit! There is no way they recruit because if they did, they would have some state championships to show for it. I know they have some in tennis and golf but I'm talking the main sports such as football basketball and baseball. They just have a good stretch of talent right now just like all high schools go through. In 5 years they may be back to being terrible at football and just average at basketball. I hate ECS just as much as the next guy except for baseball season cause I root for y'all some during that but they don't recruit. I'm tired of hearing it. People only bring it up when they get beat by ECS. 5 years ago nobody blamed ECS for recruiting because they were being mercy ruled by everybody. Give it a rest and give the coaches/kids credit. By the way I think ECS has a awesome basketball coach. He really gets them to play well as a team and for each other.

crmorrow24

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on March 05, 2014, 02:08:31 pm
ECS does not recruit! There is no way they recruit because if they did, they would have some state championships to show for it. I know they have some in tennis and golf but I'm talking the main sports such as football basketball and baseball. They just have a good stretch of talent right now just like all high schools go through. In 5 years they may be back to being terrible at football and just average at basketball. I hate ECS just as much as the next guy except for baseball season cause I root for y'all some during that but they don't recruit. I'm tired of hearing it. People only bring it up when they get beat by ECS. 5 years ago nobody blamed ECS for recruiting because they were being mercy ruled by everybody. Give it a rest and give the coaches/kids credit. By the way I think ECS has a awesome basketball coach. He really gets them to play well as a team and for each other.
They recruit bro.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: crmorrow24 on March 05, 2014, 02:10:31 pm
They recruit bro.
Your entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine "bro"

cdelaney

They recruit bro.
Simply not true bro. Accept it and move on. Talk about the games, talk smack you want, but recruiting accusations are just an excuse for losers. You are beginning to lose credibility.

BananaHands501

People on this website do not how to handle losing. Example A- 12th man picking on ECS after ECS beat them in the Quaterfinals. Example B- cromorrow saying ECS recruits because we whipped up on them in football. 12th man please do not get truly upset over this, just using an example.

WildcatGrandpa13

They recruit bro.
Tight bro

Jimbo Morphis

i'm talking about basketball.

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on March 05, 2014, 03:10:17 pm
i'm talking about basketball.
We were missing one of our starters last year in state due to injury; he is back and full speed, probably our most explosive offensive player. 2 seniors off last years team who played a fair amount but rarely scored- inside players. Next year we lose one senior starter

UofA95

As an Episcopal Graduate and transfer to ECS my junior year, I had options to go where I pleased. Running a 4:31 mile and 2:02 800 my sophomore at Franklin High School in TN, then moving to a school without a track seems very logical. When I could have gone to Catholic High to train with a past Olympic marathoner or to run at Little Rock Christian (where I almost attended) to run with a team with a good young team that would do damage in the future. Instead I went to small 3A ECS where when I first toured I was paired with shadow who also ran track. I insisted for him to show me the track, but of course as you may no ECS has no track. ECS instead paints a track around the practice field (that was once swamp land). ECS really must have a great recruiting strategy to get me to want to go there right? HA. Wrong!! There is not one bad thing to say about ECS that is why I went there. Going to ECS to run track is far from why I went there. Sure winning as a team and 4 events as an individual as a small 3A school my senior year was fun, but I ran a 4:37 mile my last year, far from where I could have been. I am a proud episcopal alum that was one of the few students to transfer into my graduating class. Most had been in school with each other since the cathedral school untill graduation creating a bond between everyone in my class. I went to ECS to be apart of the family that the ECS community has created. I will always be proud to be an ECS alum and will not tolerate anybody saying that the school recruited me to win a "random" state championship! Go hogs (nice 110-80 win if you wernt watching) and Go Wildcats!! Hope to see everyone down in Charleston.

Score prediction: 67-50 ECS on top

Zack McGinnis, ECS alum

Hogwild#9

Quote from: UofA95 on March 05, 2014, 11:48:27 pm
As an Episcopal Graduate and transfer to ECS my junior year, I had options to go where I pleased. Running a 4:31 mile and 2:02 800 my sophomore at Franklin High School in TN, then moving to a school without a track seems very logical. When I could have gone to Catholic High to train with a past Olympic marathoner or to run at Little Rock Christian (where I almost attended) to run with a team with a good young team that would do damage in the future. Instead I went to small 3A ECS where when I first toured I was paired with shadow who also ran track. I insisted for him to show me the track, but of course as you may no ECS has no track. ECS instead paints a track around the practice field (that was once swamp land). ECS really must have a great recruiting strategy to get me to want to go there right? HA. Wrong!! There is not one bad thing to say about ECS that is why I went there. Going to ECS to run track is far from why I went there. Sure winning as a team and 4 events as an individual as a small 3A school my senior year was fun, but I ran a 4:37 mile my last year, far from where I could have been. I am a proud episcopal alum that was one of the few students to transfer into my graduating class. Most had been in school with each other since the cathedral school untill graduation creating a bond between everyone in my class. I went to ECS to be apart of the family that the ECS community has created. I will always be proud to be an ECS alum and will not tolerate anybody saying that the school recruited me to win a "random" state championship! Go hogs (nice 110-80 win if you wernt watching) and Go Wildcats!! Hope to see everyone down in Charleston.

Score prediction: 67-50 ECS on top

Zack McGinnis, ECS alum
Hogs are making some noise! I'm feeling a elite 8 run....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas