• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Boys & Girls Schedule(100% Updated First Post)

Started by Brian G, March 02, 2014, 02:32:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

NEW BRACKET W/ Tue Finish:  http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/BB_3ASTATEBracket_2014.pdf

UDPATED SOON:

Class 3A
At Charleston High School
Girls
First Round
Thursday's Games
1:00 p.m. – Riverview (1st 2) vs. Centerpoint (4th 4)
4:00 p.m. – Fordyce (1st 4) vs. Harding Academy (4th 2)
7:00 p.m. – Rivercrest (1st 3) vs. Mansfield (4th 1)

Friday's Games
1:00 p.m. – Paris (1st 1) vs. Manila (4th 3)
4:00 p.m. – West Fork (2nd 1) vs. Valley Springs (3rd 3)
7:00 p.m. – Melbourne (2nd 3) vs. Danville (3rd 1)

Saturday's Games
11:00 p.m. – McGehee (2nd 4) vs. eStem (3rd 2)
2:00 p.m. – Jessieville (2nd 2) vs. Genoa Central (3rd 4)
5:00 p.m. - Riverview/Centerpoint Winner vs West Fork/Valley Springs Winner

Monday's Games
1:00
4:00
7:00

Tuesday's Games
1:00
4:00

Boys
First Round
Thursday's Games
2:30 p.m. – Episcopal Collegiate (1st 2) vs. Prescott (4th 4)
5:30 p.m. – McGehee (1st 4) vs. Harding Academy (4th 2)
8:30 p.m. – Earle (1st 3) vs. Elkins (4th 1)

Friday's Games
2:30 p.m. – Charleston (1st 1) vs. Valley Springs (4th 3)
5:30 p.m. – West Fork (2nd 1) vs. Rivercrest (3rd 3)
8:30 p.m. – Melbourne (2nd 3) vs. Cedarville (3rd 1)

Saturday's Games
12:30 p.m. – Fordyce (2nd 4) vs. Benton Harmony Grove (3rd 2)
3:30 p.m. – Mayflower (2nd 2) vs. Drew Central (3rd 4)
6:30 p.m. - Epis Coll/Prescott Winner vs West Fork/Rivercrest Winner

Monday's Games
2:30
5:30
8:30

Tuesday's Games
2:30
5:30

All Semi's now played on Sunday with different start times on Saturday as well.

jvance

With all the upsets in regionals there are going to be some huge games in the first round (more so in the girls) that before regionals played out would be possible final 4 match ups. Could be a very interesting week.

NEA Razorback olfan

I'll take Manila girls over Paris in first round

jvance

I'll take Genoa Central over Jessieville and meet Manila in round 2.

neds

My prediction(s) . . . (boys)

Charleston gets upset in the second round by Mayflower , then Mayflower loses to 'The Nation'
Hold on Charleston posters . . ECS gets upset also and the upper bracket winner is so intimidated by 'The Nation' that they forfeit and 'The Nation' wins their 64th state title (I mean World Championship) before going to 2A.

Remember this is an opinion board   

Head Lion

CHS, yall play right after us Wednesday against Valley Springs. Geaux TIGERS!!!!!

ZoneBuster

Head Lion

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 02, 2014, 06:25:20 pm
Which one?? Ha
Zone, do you have a kid on one of the two teams? I will root for him or her.

ZoneBuster

I do not, was just curious to which team you preferred since they're both el tigres!

Head Lion

O yea, the team that wears the Black&Gold. Never seen a green/white tiger? Good health & safe travels for y'all's clubs.

ManilaIce

Paris ladies bring a 27-6 record into the state tourney and three of the top five players in their conference, as polled recently by fellow FF posters.  Lamar was the best team in regular season but Paris carries the flag now, and they appear to be very good.  Weren't really even tested in Regionals.  Manila has to regroup and get the taste of two straight losses out of their mouth or this great season could end negatively in a hurry.

Bismarck_lions

Quote from: jvance on March 02, 2014, 05:40:06 pm
I'll take Genoa Central over Jessieville and meet Manila in round 2.

I will agree with you there jvance. But it will always come down to who can execute the game plan and then hit shots!

jvance

We finally starting hitting free throws and really played our helter skelter defense against Centerpoint and took there legs out early. If we play with that type of intensity this week we could definitely make some noise. We are 24-6 and your right if we execute our game play we will be tough to beat.

Brian G

Share all weather updates here.  I will update the first post master schedule as we get the news.

6A has already delayed their start by one day.

Possibilities include: finishing on Sunday or Monday, starting games earlier in the day.

Brian G

AAA will release info for all classes at noon

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: ManilaIce on March 03, 2014, 09:02:41 am
Paris ladies bring a 27-6 record into the state tourney and three of the top five players in their conference, as polled recently by fellow FF posters.  Lamar was the best team in regular season but Paris carries the flag now, and they appear to be very good.  Weren't really even tested in Regionals.  Manila has to regroup and get the taste of two straight losses out of their mouth or this great season could end negatively in a hurry.

If the team that won the NEA Tourney shows up, Lady Lions will make a deep run

Brian G

chuckBB

Quote from: neds on March 02, 2014, 06:01:03 pm

Charleston gets upset in the second round by Mayflower , then Mayflower loses to 'The Nation'
Hold on Charleston posters . . ECS gets upset also and the upper bracket winner is so intimidated by 'The Nation' that they forfeit and 'The Nation' wins their 64th state title (I mean World Championship) before going to 2A.

I hope all your dreams come true, sweetie....

Footballbuddy1954

What are chances HA upsets McGhee first round?

WPWells

TeeLee

Quote from: chuckBB on March 03, 2014, 10:52:24 am

I hope all your dreams come true, sweetie....

Did you mean "sweetie or sweaty"?

Weather wise: Monday at 11:20 AM Light snow falling in Charleston.

Footballbuddy1954

Footballbuddy1954

What is McGhee ranked? Record? Pros and Cons?

WPWells

neds

March 03, 2014, 12:49:35 pm #24 Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:41:50 pm by neds
Quote from: Footballbuddy1954 on March 03, 2014, 11:19:54 am
What are chances HA upsets McGhee first round?

Down year this year for HA, lost a lot off of last years state c'ship team. Coach Francis is a good coach and I think he will find a way, given the time they have for game plan, to make a game of it. That said, I agree w/12th they have a very small chance of winning. McGehee is athletic, talented and pretty well coached.

I think the field is more wide open this year than people predict. 

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on March 02, 2014, 06:20:27 pm
CHS, yall play right after us Wednesday against Valley Springs. Geaux TIGERS!!!!!
That'll be Thursday HL.....Good Luck  ladyLions....

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2014, 04:40:17 pm
Thanks bub, hope we hook it one more time. We gonna have to get back to playing like we did in December & January. We really didn't play good in the district finals, we just got a little lucky that ya'll didn't play well either.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on March 03, 2014, 04:56:53 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2014, 04:40:17 pm
Thanks bub, hope we hook it one more time. We gonna have to get back to playing like we did in December & January. We really didn't play good in the district finals, we just got a little lucky that ya'll didn't play well either.
No problem, it's time for the 3-3A to earn their due respect.

jr17

In all seriousness my first round predictions:
Episcopal over Prescott
Rivercrest over West Fork
McGhee over HA (By a lot)
Cedarville over Melbourne (by 1 gonna be close I think)
Earle over Elkins
Harmony Grove over Fordyce
UPSET ALERT!!!!! But I'm still gonna go Charleston by 3
And MF over Drew Central.

WPWells

I like them all except I like Melbourne over Cedarville

Hootie

McGehee shouldn't blow HA out. They're too well coached to give in to our play style.

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on March 03, 2014, 07:41:45 pm
In all seriousness my first round predictions:
Episcopal over Prescott
Rivercrest over West Fork
McGhee over HA (By a lot)
Cedarville over Melbourne (by 1 gonna be close I think)
Earle over Elkins
Harmony Grove over Fordyce
UPSET ALERT!!!!! But I'm still gonna go Charleston by 3
And MF over Drew Central.

jr. I agree with your picks except I think Chuck wins easy. See, I can agree with you once in a while

MarionBlueDevil

I thought ECS would make the semis, but agree with the rest of it.

jr17

Hootie
I watched HA play mayflower and I just don't think they have the athleticism to hang.

Hootie

Quote from: jr17 on March 03, 2014, 09:32:14 pm
Hootie
I watched HA play mayflower and I just don't think they have the athleticism to hang.

I won't argue there lol. McGehee definitely has the athletes.

cdelaney

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on March 03, 2014, 09:25:30 pm

I thought ECS would make the semis, but agree with the rest of it.
I'm pretty sure Neds thinks ECS will get to Hot Springs

coltpride_1

I'd like to see how to colts Handle themselves against ECS. If they can get pass westfork.

redandgray

Wondering if tourney will be changed again. I don't see anyone from NE Arkansas being able to travel soon

NEark tigers

I just watching FOX 13 THIS morning and they just showed I-55 and I-40 in WM is shut down.

Head Lion

Quote from: NEark tigers on March 04, 2014, 08:39:58 am
I just watching FOX 13 THIS morning and they just showed I-55 and I-40 in WM is shut down.
Yea, our mail trucks for NEA are on the bridge and have been for 3 hours.

redandgray

Worst the road conditions have ever been in my lifetime for NEA

NEark tigers

I can't see most of these NEArk teams making the trip on tomorrow, because the roads are that bad!

WPWells

Big thaw today though. Sun's out and it's above freezing

redandgray

Not above freezing here. Not thawing. Got 0.25-.50" of ice with an insane 4-4.5" of sleet on top of that. Everything is solid ice.

Head Lion

Quote from: redandgray on March 04, 2014, 11:09:36 am
Not above freezing here. Not thawing. Got 0.25-.50" of ice with an insane 4-4.5" of sleet on top of that. Everything is solid ice.
Yea, plus the hi temp is only supposed to be 31. I don't see Manila, Rivercrest, Melbourne or Earle being able to travel today.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on March 04, 2014, 08:51:30 am
Quote from: NEark tigers on March 04, 2014, 08:39:58 am
Yea, our mail trucks for NEA are on the bridge and have been for 3 hours.
This part of Arkansas should be embarassed about the road conditions on I-55 SAD :(...I heard that Gov Bebee was really hacked. The teams on this end probably wont be able to safely travel til Friday...

redandgray

Missco

The state and governor really screwed up. I can drive two miles north and the roads are and we're fine. I can drive 35 miles into TN and they are fine and were. The same goes for once you get into Memphis and Mississippi. Unreal at the mess on I-55...it sad when the city streets are better than the interstates.

Missco

I figure all scheduled tournaments are still on track for tommorrow. Armorel is headed out to Harrison right now.

Batman44

Good luck on the trip, and the tourney. Even though I have to pull for Concord.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas