• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who can stop valley springs?

Started by DOCHOLLIDAY7, November 13, 2013, 05:43:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Valley springs teams have been having a lot of early success across the board this basketball season. Senior high boys are 8-0, senior High girls are 8-0, junior high boys are 6-1, their loss coming in a benefit game, and the junior high girls are 7-1, with a loss to wonder view. What can this schools success be tracked back to? Pure talent? Outstanding coaching? There are many theories, and they all prove plausible. Who can stop valley springs?

chuckBB

Is this a joke? Are you kidding me? It is early in the season to make too much noise, buddy. 

TheGovernor

300 Spartans could stop valley.... Maybe

Head Lion

There will come a day when the schedule no longer has 56, Shirley, Alpena, & Cotter & will replaced with Osceola, Manila, Earle, Rivercrest & Hoxie.

neds

Quote from: Head Lion on November 13, 2013, 08:06:58 pm
There will come a day when the schedule no longer has 56, Shirley, Alpena, & Cotter & will replaced with Osceola, Manila, Earle, Rivercrest & Hoxie.

+1  Lion , this is toooo funny

Head Lion

Ned's, being honest we can't talk any smack until redeem our showing from last years state tourney. HA & ECS had great teams, but we took it on the chin. We have something to prove ourselves.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Number 5 in the state isn't bad for any team any time in the state.

Eagle20

You can talk about Valleys schedule right now but who else are they going to play? Everyone their size or bigger is either in football or a part of their conference already.  They play Charleston Saturday.  Maybe that will be more of a challenge.   I know they have their best 2 in the gym.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 13, 2013, 08:54:23 pm
Number 5 in the state isn't bad for any team any time in the state.

Agreed, its hard to get, but even harder to keep!!

Bergman1820

November 13, 2013, 10:51:09 pm #9 Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:53:26 pm by vstigerz
Quote from: Eagle20 on November 13, 2013, 09:01:04 pm
You can talk about Valleys schedule right now but who else are they going to play? Everyone their size or bigger is either in football or a part of their conference already.  They play Charleston Saturday.  Maybe that will be more of a challenge.   I know they have their best 2 in the gym.

I hope there will be posters to keep the scores updated. I won't be able to go so will be keeping an eye on the boards here. Where is University of the Ozarks?

ManilaIce

Quote from: vstigerz on November 13, 2013, 10:51:09 pm

I hope there will be posters to keep the scores updated. I won't be able to go so will be keeping an eye on the boards here. Where is University of the Ozarks?
I know College of the Ozarks is located in Clarksville.

hawgball11

University of the Ozarks is in Clarksville. College of the Ozarks is in Missouri.

Bergman1820

Quote from: hawgball11 on November 14, 2013, 08:23:13 am
University of the Ozarks is in Clarksville. College of the Ozarks is in Missouri.

Oh bummer. I was hoping it was the Missouri one. I was going to go to the girls game. I think I could have made it to work on time. Maybe with only a couple of mins to spare, but I could have made it. lol

Lucky7

With an outstanding record of competition so far, playing every 1A team they can find. They've only played cotter twice, the best team they've played has been Norfork. I'm not sure, but Norfork scored 70 points against Valley's boys I heard. Wait till they play better competition first.

ManilaIce

Quote from: hawgball11 on November 14, 2013, 08:23:13 am
My bad.  They used to be College of Ozarks and changed their name I guess.

CoachKk

Is this a serious post? I hope you are 21.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 13, 2013, 05:43:16 pm
Valley springs teams have been having a lot of early success across the board this basketball season. Senior high boys are 8-0, senior High girls are 8-0, junior high boys are 6-1, their loss coming in a benefit game, and the junior high girls are 7-1, with a loss to wonder view. What can this schools success be tracked back to? Pure talent? Outstanding coaching? There are many theories, and they all prove plausible. Who can stop valley springs?
I think multiple teams can stop valley springs...have y'all played anyone in the top 20 yet? Can't start calling your team invincible until they prove themselves worthy.

HawgDaddy

It is too early for anyone to make such a claim, Valley Springs or anyone.  With that being said, they've played the folks that are on their schedule.  There competition will certainly improve, but there is absolutely no denying that the Valley Springs Sr. Girls will be in the mix for another state title and Valley Springs Sr. Boys are vastly improved with the style and coach change.  Valley Springs boys are capable of making the state tournament and winning a game, depending on the draw. 

So, while it may be way too early to anoint anyone the state champion, Valley Springs boys and girls both are legitimate teams to discuss at this point in the season. 

Will.I.Am.

The Valley Springs girls, as I've mentioned ad nauseum, are state title contenders.  From this year until this group of 10th graders leaves.  Probably beyond.

Valley Springs boys, yes, I expect will be improved.  The problem with improvement is that to really show what talent you have, is that to make state out of 1E you're going to have to get through the Earles, Osceolas, Rivercrests, and Manilas of the world.  In the first round of Regionals. There's not a harder road to make it to state than having to beat a team from the deepest conference in 3A (Note: didn't necessarily say the best conference, but they are the deepest).

Moonshiner

Norfork is pretty good offensively.  Very suspect though on the defensive end. For them to put up 70 , on a 3A school who it appears can't be stopped, says a lot.  Giving up 90 says a lot as well. Will be interesting to see Valley play someone that can handle their pressure, score some points, and also defend.  I'd say Mtn. View might be able to do that.   Don't see them going unbeaten in conference.

HawgDaddy

I don't expect anyone to go unbeaten in the 3A-1 this season.  And, Will I am is correct in saying the first game of regionals for Valley will be a challenge.  I said they got a shot...I'm not declaring them a sure thing. 

Will.I.Am.

It'll be tough for any of the 4 teams from 1E to get past the first round of Regionals.  Always is

chuckBB

I will be there to keep you posted. It will be a very interesting game.  Charleston has more than two basketball players who can play.  We will see how they mold together.  If they play as a team, they should not have problem against Valley's.  It will be a good opportunity to play and learn whether win or not.

Bergman1820

Quote from: chuckBB on November 14, 2013, 04:21:24 pm

I will be there to keep you posted. It will be a very interesting game.  Charleston has more than two basketball players who can play.  We will see how they mold together.  If they play as a team, they should not have problem against Valley's.  It will be a good opportunity to play and learn whether win or not.

Ty I do appreciate it.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

It's not just that they beat easy teams, they destroy them. By 60 and 70 points

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 15, 2013, 07:53:44 am
Beating a  team by 70 points with 8 minute quarters? Are you playing a 5th grade team? How will this help you when you get into the real competition...

chuckBB

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on November 15, 2013, 08:07:00 am
Beating a  team by 70 points with 8 minute quarters? Are you playing a 5th grade team? How will this help you when you get into the real competition...
And I wonder what kind of coach will allow his team to beat other team that bad without thinking about other team's intergrity.  All my life of coaching basketball, I would never thought about doing that to other team just because we can do it.  Bragging about beating other team by 60 and 70 does not reflect your team's character or sportmanship.

Bergman1820

Quote from: chuckBB on November 15, 2013, 08:30:02 am
Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on November 15, 2013, 08:07:00 am
And I wonder what kind of coach will allow his team to beat other team that bad without thinking about other team's intergrity.  All my life of coaching basketball, I would never thought about doing that to other team just because we can do it.  Bragging about beating other team by 60 and 70 does not reflect your team's character or sportmanship.

I don't think they have beat any teams like that this season.

DownTown14

Even if they did beat teams by 70 , what's the team supposed to do? You gonna tell your team to not score? That defeats the purpose of playing pre-conference games. You play those to tighten the loose ends. Valley isn't trying to mercy rule 1a schools, that's just the only teams that don't have football. They are just trying to prepare for the season in the most realistic settings there are. Games!

ZoneBuster

I think their largest win is 50. Starters didn't even really play second half.

bobcats

Quote from: DownTown14 on November 15, 2013, 10:40:53 am
Even if they did beat teams by 70 , what's the team supposed to do? You gonna tell your team to not score? That defeats the purpose of playing pre-conference games. You play those to tighten the loose ends. Valley isn't trying to mercy rule 1a schools, that's just the only teams that don't have football. They are just trying to prepare for the season in the most realistic settings there are. Games!

There are plenty of schools without FB they could play who could compete/beat them.  They just did not schedule those teams for whatever the reason.  Some coaches schedule powder puffs to pad the win column while others like to play tougher teams to get them ready for conference and tournament play.

chuckBB

Quote from: DownTown14 on November 15, 2013, 10:40:53 am
I am sure you just could not help yourselves because you all are so powerful.  I am begining to sweat and shake with fear.  I hope Charleston does not get beat by 70 points on Saturday.

chuckBB

ZoneBuster

chuckBB

DOCHOLLIDAY7

DOCHOLLIDAY7

What has the game been like so far?

neds

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 06:17:08 pm
What has the game been like so far?

Based on the score I would say the game has been humbling for Valley Springs.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

ZoneBuster

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 06:57:53 pm
Score?

Game is surely over by now. Hoping a delayed update is good for Valley

chuckBB

Charleston lost by 4 at over time.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

So that brings up the question, WHO CAN STOP VALLEY SPRINGS?!?!?

neds

Quote from: chuckBB on November 16, 2013, 07:05:54 pm
Charleston lost by 4 at over time.

No shame in that , playing with half their team.

ZoneBuster

Good game sounds like. Sure wish I could've been there. They definitely can meet again when it really counts!

ZoneBuster

How many football guys start for Charleston?

ATU

Quote from: ZoneBuster on November 16, 2013, 07:37:38 pm
How many football guys start for Charleston?
3 starters and 5 of top 8 are in football.

chuckBB

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 07:11:58 pm
You should feel good about yourselves. Our two starters fouled out and the best player in the gym could not play for overtime because of the muscle cramps. Yes, go ahead pat your back while you can. We will see you at State Tournament, IF you get there.  I was so grateful that you held back and did not score 60 points against us. Oh, well... It was a good exercise for our team.

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Quote from: chuckBB on November 16, 2013, 10:02:28 pm
Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 07:11:58 pm
You should feel good about yourselves. Our two starters fouled out and the best player in the gym could not play for overtime because of the muscle cramps. Yes, go ahead pat your back while you can. We will see you at State Tournament, IF you get there.  I was so grateful that you held back and did not score 60 points against us. Oh, well... It was a good exercise for our team.

That's what we call a sore loser folks.

neds

Doc I think you're going to have a long year . . . combination of bad karma and humble pie.
This won't end well for your team. I don't wish U or VS bad things , it's just U are going to be a lightning rod this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas