• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Games 11/25/14

Started by bulldog42, November 25, 2014, 11:07:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog42

Here are the games for tonight 11/25/14 per AHSAA, * denotes conference.
Also Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

3A1W
Pea Ridge @ Elkins
Greenland @ Lincoln
Haas Hall @ Decatur

3A1E
Cotter @ Yellville-Summit *
Flippin @ Mountain View *
Green Forest @ Valley Springs *
Marshall @ Melbourne*

3A2
Bald Knob @ Clinton
Barton @ England
Cedar Ridge @ Manila
Marianna Lee @ Osceola (Boys)

3A3

Hoxie @ Valley View (Boys)
Cedar Ridge @ Manila
Marianna Lee @ Osceola (Boys)
Armorel @ Piggott (Boys)
Rivercrest @ Marked Tree (Girls)

3A4
Atkins @ Morrilton (Girls)
Pottsville @ Charleston
Mulberry @ Danville
Scranton @ Lamar

3A5
Malvern @ Jessieville

3A7
Prescott @ Hope

3A8
Star City @ Fordyce
Smackover @ Strong

BigMan15

bulldog42

Sr girls end of 1
Flippin 10
MV 9

bulldog42

Sr girls half
Flippin 26
MV 15

bulldog42

Sr girls end of 3
Flippin 36
MV 27

bulldog42

Sr girls final
Flippin 50
MV 29

bulldog42

Sr boys end of 1
Flippin 11
MV 10

bulldog42

Sr boys half
Flippin 27
MV 15

bulldog42

Sr boys end of 3
Flippin 43
MV 17

bulldog42

Flippin boys win 51 to26 mercy rule win

Timberwolf08

BigMan15

Paris girls fall in overtime to Roland....Paris Boys beat Roland 68-61....Brandon Fenner back to back games with 25 points...very nice win...

WPWells

Charleston boys fall to a VERY good Pottsville team 55-54. Y'all know that for the most part 12th Man tries to stick to the game in here unless there's something that needs to be said, and tonight there is. The officiating tonight was AWFUL. The biggest complaint I have is the inconsistency between refs (that definitely favored Pottsville). Late Pottsville was up 3 and fouled on purpose and it was called a common foul. Immediately after Charleston sank two free throws they fouled intentionally and it was called an intentional foul. 12th Man is proud of Coach Ross for keeping his cool as much as he did because 12th Man definitely would've been kicked out

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2014, 09:32:32 pm
Charleston boys fall to a VERY good Pottsville team 55-54. Y'all know that for the most part 12th Man tries to stick to the game in here unless there's something that needs to be said, and tonight there is. The officiating tonight was AWFUL. The biggest complaint I have is the inconsistency between refs (that definitely favored Pottsville). Late Pottsville was up 3 and fouled on purpose and it was called a common foul. Immediately after Charleston sank two free throws they fouled intentionally and it was called an intentional foul. 12th Man is proud of Coach Ross for keeping his cool as much as he did because 12th Man definitely would've been kicked out

I am with you 12th man , I hate to bring up refs in games but the Refs have sucked in the NEA area also!!!

WPWells

12th Man just feels that in crucial calls, the refs need to be consistent between one another

BigMan15

Any stats for charleston??

chuckBB

November 25, 2014, 11:06:22 pm #16 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:25:47 pm by chuckBB
Pottsville kept Matthew Ward under 30.  Michael Ward and Tyler Skeet did well overall tonight. They will only get better. They desperately need a point guard who can see the court and handle  the ball. Maybe one of the football player will step in. Andrew Smith needs to work on his speed and making smarter moves.

SteveWill

I don't want to split hairs here 12th man but on that second foul when your big 00 picks up our big in bear hug completely up off the floor I don't think that's a common foul in any since of the word

WPWells

12th Man doesn't want to argue, but if they're going to call that intentional then they should've called the one intentional where they completely wrapped Ward up from behind

SteveWill

Your probably right I don't have an answer to that I don't know if it's because the pottsville coach told the ref they were going to foul maybe? Is there a ref on this board that can answer that question? When your behind and are fouling to try and catch up are they not all intentional fouls?

SteveWill

November 25, 2014, 11:35:07 pm #20 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:36:41 pm by SteveWill
I'm also with you in a sense that I hope to never see that group of refs ever again!

tiger34

I have watched games from 1A to 3A this year and the officiating has been the worst I have seen in many years.  The calls I hate are the ones made from half court when there is an official standing two feet away that never blows their whistle.  Or the calls where an official blows the whistle and looks at the other two to figure out what to call.  I watched the Perryville vs Wonderview game on the 24th and at one point Perryville boys had 10 team fouls to 2 team fouls for Wonderview boys.  No consistency whatsoever.  Perryville coach ended up ejected from the game.  Is there anything that can be done about referees performance as far as filing complaints, or refusing to use them.

BigMan15

Ive seen a lot of games and most of them havent been that bad...only one time have i seen a call that effected the outcome of the game and that was paris sr girls last night in the overtime...

fbisgreat

Quote from: SteveWill on November 25, 2014, 11:33:08 pm
Your probably right I don't have an answer to that I don't know if it's because the pottsville coach told the ref they were going to foul maybe? Is there a ref on this board that can answer that question? When your behind and are fouling to try and catch up are they not all intentional fouls?
Only thing is when player fouled ward pottsville was ahead by 3 with not much time left.It turned out to be a good call by your coach to foul.But if they call intentional it would have cost Pottsville the game.

Ctucker

Refs are terrible every were I think I remember when I was in school they called because they liked it now it's for the money and any body can do it.

voodoo fastpitch

Quote from: Ctucker on November 26, 2014, 05:55:43 pm
Refs are terrible every were I think I remember when I was in school they called because they liked it now it's for the money and any body can do it.
just curious but where was the charleston/Pottsville game played?

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on November 26, 2014, 05:55:43 pm

They must have started paying more...had a friend ref for a year(He quit because of health reasons), he was still broke despite doing 3 or 4 games a night twice a week...on top of working 8 hour days.

chuckBB

Ref was not the reason Charleston lost. They lost because they did not play to win. Period.

Basketballfan13

Did cedar ridge girls play manilla, if so does anyone know the score?

BoxNOne

Cedar Ridge won pretty easy. Not sure of score.

Ctucker

If you figure by the hour it's good pay.But saying that I wouldn't do it.Sorry your friend had to quit. I got friends that do it,and I will still say the refs as a whole is very inconsistent.

Proud Buckaroo

Did Smackover play or postpone?

RTF

lol Charleston lost... refs fault lol.... hahahahaha

WPWells

Difference between saying the refs were poor and saying they cost us the game. Sorry, but your trolling is invalid

RTF

Considering it made you comment directly to me... very much valid lol... All I read was refs did this, didn't do that, waaaa waaa waaaa o no, I got a tear in my beer.

WPWells

Tell 12th Man where he said it was the refs' fault we lost

RTF

now we are refering to ourself in the Third person? okay....... Well RTF thinks that 12th man was crying... boohooo...

WPWells

ProudMary

While I am new on here, I have been a reader for some time. I am a fan of Charleston athletics, as well as some other schools. However, this 12th Man CHS is on the verge of getting on my last nerve. That's all.

WPWells

Cool. 12th Man won't be able to sleep tonight knowing he didn't meet your approval

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas