• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The rematch... Fayetteville at SS

Started by Razorback Red, November 21, 2014, 09:50:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Hard-hitting action for sure next Friday in this one.  I expect it will take more than 7 to win round 2. 

Maclin on your girl

It's hard to beat a good team twice in one season. You guys already know my pick.

Razorback Red

I can't make up my mind on this one.  I will probably flip flop several times this week.  Home field is prob worth a FG, so is Fville at least 3 pts better than SS?  I will go with whichever team establishes the run and sticks to it. 

WPWells

Razorback Red

I will be shocked if this game is decided by more than 7 pts either way. 

7AFBFAN

SS had another valuable ejection tonight.

Baitshop

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 21, 2014, 10:44:05 pm

We couldn't figure out what happened on that play....do you have any idea..??

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Baitshop on November 21, 2014, 10:53:00 pm

We couldn't figure out what happened on that play....do you have any idea..??

I haven't a clue. It is a shame.

urhog

Quote from: Razorback Red on November 21, 2014, 10:31:21 pm
I can't make up my mind on this one.  I will probably flip flop several times this week.  Home field is prob worth a FG, so is Fville at least 3 pts better than SS?  I will go with whichever team establishes the run and sticks to it.
Evidently, you all have forgotten who owns that prime piece of river valley real estate and considers it home away from home.

DerekOxford

FHS 24
SS 21

Taylor Powell leads late TD drive to seal the Rebs fate.

Sound familiar?

Maclin on your girl

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 21, 2014, 11:20:07 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on November 21, 2014, 10:53:00 pm

We couldn't figure out what happened on that play....do you have any i

dea..??

I haven't a clue. It is a shame.

What number was he?

nine4me04u

November 22, 2014, 02:09:31 am #11 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 10:18:44 pm by nine4me04u
and an injury to the runningback that will hurt us. Hopefully we can find that Rebel play-off magic.

DerekOxford

Daryl Patton has NEVER lost at Jim Rowland Stadium while coaching at Fayetteville. That's pretty remarkable.

Honestly, this should be a great game. If Fayetteville can run the ball even somewhat like it did last Friday, it will win.

Maclin on your girl

Goodluck to FV if they try pounding the rock.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on November 24, 2014, 03:52:31 pm

They know they aren't going to run for 417 yards, but they can control the line of scrimmage.

Baitshop

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 24, 2014, 04:32:17 pm

They know they aren't going to run for 417 yards, but they can control the line of scrimmage.

Fayetteville scored 7 points last time....what line of scrimmage do you think that they can control..??

DerekOxford

Quote from: Baitshop on November 24, 2014, 08:26:47 pm
Quote from: DerekOxford on November 24, 2014, 04:32:17 pm

Fayetteville scored 7 points last time....what line of scrimmage do you think that they can control..??

How many did Southside score?

Baitshop

That's not the LOS that your comment referenced....

DerekOxford

Quote from: Baitshop on November 25, 2014, 12:18:24 pm
That's not the LOS that your comment referenced....

You can control the line of scrimmage defensively as well. Southside didn't score, so obviously Fayetteville did something right defensively.

I expect a hard-fought ball game either way. Both teams are going to leave it all on the line. I would lean Southside if it hadn't struggled with Heritage as much as it did, while Fayetteville dominated Conway.

Will be my first game at Jim Rowland Stadium since the 2008 semifinals and that epic 8-7 win over Har-Ber.

Razorback Red

SS has improved more than Fville since their first meeting, but Fville seems to be finding ways to get Greenlaw involved in every aspect of the game.  Not sure SS will have an answer for the big 2 for Fville this time around.  I am going with Fville 17, SS 13 in this one. 

HeberFan

Fayetteville will crumble at the foundation

Smithian

Rebs don't have a chance. Fayetteville should give their players Thanksgiving off and focus on time with family.

urhog

Durrell's home away from home field advantage is usually good for 7 points at the end of the game. "The Drive" in 2010 and some wheel route play called "baitshop" in 2011. Should be a great night of football in the fort.

Maclin on your girl

Quote from: Smithian on November 26, 2014, 11:45:43 am
Rebs don't have a chance. Fayetteville should give their players Thanksgiving off and focus on time with family.

Why are you on FV jock now?

Baitshop

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on November 26, 2014, 08:25:19 pm
Quote from: Smithian on November 26, 2014, 11:45:43 am

Why are you on FV jock now?

Shhh mac.....this ain't Smithian's first rodeo....the Fayetteville boys ain't too smart, you got to know how to lure them in..

urhog

Fay. Boys are eager to return to celebrating thanksgiving with a practice and dinner, then driving south and ending Dixie's season. Now that's Tradition !

Coach Venny Slocombe

Game of the week in the River Valley...I will be there for this one...SS by 7...

Maclin on your girl

November 27, 2014, 01:01:57 pm #27 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 01:03:48 pm by Maclin on your girl
Everybody a FV fan now. Lol

ricepig

Quote from: urhog on November 27, 2014, 08:27:50 am
Fay. Boys are eager to return to celebrating thanksgiving with a practice and dinner, then driving south and ending Dixie's season. Now that's Tradition !

Durrell's boys own SS, Fay by 1!

nine4me04u

November 27, 2014, 02:17:48 pm #29 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:49:06 pm by nine4me04u
The game sucked. Left in the 3rd.

fbisgreat

Smithian

Mercy rule by halftime.

Poor Rebs.

Patton will do a great job next year at Conway leading the Wampus Cats.

urhog

Ss prepares for ground and pound so Durrell opens his bag of tricks to win by double digits. After durrell's traditional pregame meal at his favorite valley fine dining establishment, He decides to name his newest trick play after said establishment and waits until the fourth quarter to use it to deliver the dagger. the double reverse flea flicker halfback pass to win 24-14.

Maclin on your girl

All these "FV Fans" will be the same people that will be "BV fans" when SS is at the rock playing for that 8th ring. SS will be king at the end of this year.

urhog

When was the last time SS made it to the rock, In football?

Maclin on your girl

November 27, 2014, 08:38:45 pm #35 Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 09:28:22 pm by Maclin on your girl
09. Only been one school teams playing for it since then.

DerekOxford

I'm sticking with my 24-21 FHS prediction. Should be a great game.

Baitshop

urhog

Ol durrell's gotee starting to look a little white like col Rebs. Even though to you guys it seems like he has been beating you since the beginning of time, he won't be coaching forever.  You boys need to get down there and experience one of his good old fashioned butt whippings before he decides to hang it up. Just like in life, You'll be able to tell your grandkids how being taken out behind the woodshed made you A better man.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Baitshop on November 28, 2014, 01:59:12 pm
PurpleDogs by 2 TD's

Greenlaw will score at least two, so you might be on to something. Maybe 14-0 this time.

StormChaser83

urhog

7AFBFAN

November 28, 2014, 09:24:14 pm #42 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:38:22 pm by 7AFBFAN
Congratulations to Fayetteville on a BIG win. Much the better team in this game. Good luck next week!

Congratulations Southside on another great year. Definitely over achieved this year. Go Rebs!

nine4me04u

November 28, 2014, 09:51:58 pm #43 Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 10:02:06 pm by nine4me04u
Did anyone get arested before or after the game?  Player????

Baitshop

Nope....just a good ol' fashion trip behind the woodshed...

Razorback Red

No way anyone could have picked this outcome.  I thought the other game had a chance for either team to pull away, but I had this one going down to the wire.  I followed it on Twitter and it sounded like SS made many unusual mistakes and Fville has found a groove on offense.

Next week will be a war!

DerekOxford

This was a no-doubter. I knew before the game FHS was going to win. You could just sense it.

When it was 35-0 I seriously just started talking to my dad and my buddy about the basketball Hogs. It was boring.

12-1 against Southside since '03, and they might as well rename it Daryl Patton Field at Jim Rowland Stadium.

Maclin on your girl

Quote from: DerekOxford on November 28, 2014, 11:36:09 pm
This was a no-doubter. I knew before the game FHS was going to win. You could just sense it.

When it was 35-0 I seriously just started talking to my dad and my buddy about the basketball Hogs. It was boring.

12-1 against Southside since '03, and they might as well rename it Daryl Patton Field at Jim Rowland Stadium.

You might as well change your name to Daryl Patton.

faypurpdogs

Good Game last night, it was similar to what happened to Fayetteville at Bentonville. We could do no wrong, and they could do no right.

Congrats to Southside on a good season!!

Go Fayetteville, get revenge against bentonville!

DerekOxford

Quote from: Maclin on your girl on November 29, 2014, 01:00:18 am
Quote from: DerekOxford on November 28, 2014, 11:36:09 pm

You might as well change your name to Daryl Patton.

You mad bro?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas