• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GENOA GOING TO WIN STATE AGAIN??

Started by mack truck, October 29, 2014, 02:01:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mack truck

Was wondering how many starters graduate last year?

WPWells

Genoa will always be the favorite. Don't know much about many teams at this point besides the fact that Charleston will be down, but for sure Genoa is the favorite

JohnMarkTomayo

GC will be good, no doubt. One thing to watch is that they will be coached by an interim head coach (unless they've removed that label), former coach left for Magnolia late in the summer.

jr17

Fordyce brings back 8 starters right? They have to be the preseason favorite... them Genoa and mayflower.

RabidWolf

Genoa lost some pretty talented players. But still have Huff, Swecker, Royce, and Ridling. But after Swecker, no clue about what kind of pitching comes back.

bigcat72

Lamar lost 1 starter from last years team. They should be decent. 

macadoshis

Lamar is set up to make a deep run this year.  Only one starter graduated.  The DH should step in and play in the field.  Lamar will play Genoa at UALR early in the spring so we'll get a chance to see where we stack up.

WPWells

With Charleston down, conference should come down to Lavaca and Lamar

mack truck

After this year if nothing changes, Fordyce will only lose 2 seniors(2016). That team was mainly carried by the 2016 bunch. Expecting a championship from them somewhere down the line.

bigcat72

Lavaca will not be in the 4 3a in baseball. I figure they will win the 1 3a.

jr17

The teams from that conference had me really excited to go watch some good baseball last year. I wasn't all that impressed with lamar or lavaca.

WPWells

The state tournament was the worst I had seen any of the four teams from our conference play all season

bigcat72

Lamar had Genoa down 4-1 till we ran out of gas in the 6th.

jr17

Granted I only saw a couple of innings of lamar.

macadoshis

Lamar has to be the odds on favorite to win it all this year.

WhosOnFirst

Quote from: macadoshis on November 20, 2014, 07:38:29 pm
Lamar has to be the odds on favorite to win it all this year.

Looks like Lamar will be starting baseball practice Monday to get ready for their state championship run.

jr17

Good luck to Lamar this season. They had a good year in football.

macadoshis

Stinks to lose out but i guess after we watch the Lady Warriors win a state basketball championship, it will be a long season for anyone stepping on the diamond with the Warrior 9.  This years team is loading up for the best season in school history.  Nothing less than championship rings will do for these boys. So sit back and get ready.  Its gonna be a fun ride.

jr17

While I respect that attitude, I wouldn't say order the rings just yet. Lots of talent in 3A this year.

WhosOnFirst

You've won two games in the state tournament in the last two years combined. Highly unlikely you win three in a row this coming May. Might be the best team in school history, but there's almost zero chance of winning a state championship.

WPWells

12th Man wouldn't go as far as to say a zero percent chance before the season even starts

macadoshis

Quote from: WhosOnFirst on November 22, 2014, 09:54:29 pm
You've won two games in the state tournament in the last two years combined. Highly unlikely you win three in a row this coming May. Might be the best team in school history, but there's almost zero chance of winning a state championship.
I believe i said best season in school history.  I guess we will see come May.  I wouldn't get my hopes up though if you're planning on slowing down this team. 

macadoshis

Quote from: WhosOnFirst on November 22, 2014, 09:54:29 pm
And just who is gonna be the big competition?

jr17

Genoa.
Fordyce.
Smackover.
Mayflower.
Harding.
Bald Knob.

WhosOnFirst

I could care less now that I don't have a dog in the fight, but to think that the state championship doesn't run through Genoa is crazy talk. The went 30-2 last year, and have won 2 of the last 3 championships. They might not win it, but have to be the favorites.

macadoshis

macadoshis

After Lamar and Genoa meet in early season, we'll have a better look at how things look.

jr17

How early do the two teams play? And where?

macadoshis

I'll find out the date.  Playing at UALR.

jr17

Might have to make the drive and see that one.

macadoshis

This weather makes you wanna throw the ball around a little

Foukeatraz

I would say personally Smackover or Fordyce is the favorite so far. Fordyce hasn't lost very much and Smackover hasn't lost much either I don't believe. Plus with the consolidation I can only assume that it helped Smackovers chances. Genoa will still be good, but they lost 4 everyday starters and 5 that played a lot. Drabble and Beckham are the two biggest loses. I cant say much for anyone else in the state just based on the fact that I don't know their teams very well.

Proud Buckaroo

If Norphlet decides to have their own team... It may be different. But, Smackover hasn't lost much at all. Logan is back at pitcher. Purifoy will be back at catcher. Pretty much the whole starting line-up from last years team. If Norphlet chooses to play with Smackover... It's going to be a whole different ball game. Norphlet has some talent on their team.

WhosOnFirst

I guess we will find out early on when Genoa plays Smackover at SAU

jr17

Mayflower plays smack over as well as Genoa in the regular season as well.

benchwarmer99

Genoa, smackover, and fordyce should be the top 3 favorites. Mayflower lost a lot. Should be a rebuilding year for them.

WPWells

Quote from: benchwarmer99 on December 09, 2014, 05:34:32 pm
Genoa, smackover, and fordyce should be the top 3 favorites. Mayflower lost a lot. Should be a rebuilding year for them.

Hmmmm

RabidWolf

I'm curious to see who they tab to be the new HC at Genoa. Heard some interesting rumors, but feel as though they're just that, rumors.

benchwarmer99

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 29, 2014, 03:58:15 pm
Genoa will always be the favorite. Don't know much about many teams at this point besides the fact that Charleston will be down, but for sure Genoa is the favorite
hmmm

WPWells

Upsets happen. They were the favorite and got defeated by the eventual state champion. Nothing I said in that post was untrue. Genoa was the favorite and Charleston had a down year

AR hardball fan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 26, 2015, 01:12:38 pm
Upsets happen. They were the favorite and got defeated by the eventual state champion. Nothing I said in that post was untrue. Genoa was the favorite and Charleston had a down year
Not sure I would say that Mayflower defeating Genoa was an upset. Genoa was dominated by Godwin and the Eagles played ball when it counted. Think Mayflower flew under the radar and everyone assumed that they would be down after graduating 7 seniors and 5 starters but teams in this conference knew that their were kids waiting to step up. Allbritton gets the most from his kids and teaches team baseball.

benchwarmer99

Allbrition is one of the best coaches in the state. Mayflower was a very good ball club who got under estimated. Godswin was one of the best I've seen. Beating genoa, smackover, balls knob, fordyce and others. That's 4 good teams that he domainsated.

Eagle1323

I would say fordyce is the odds on favorite with Genoa and Harding close don't know what smack over has coming back Mayflower loses a lot but has a lot of young talent but still a year or two away from competing for the title once again it will be a great year who knows what team will hit it stride when it counts.

RabidWolf

I'm not sure Genoa will be a favorite next season. Losing catcher, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, SS, CF, RF, plus 3-4 pitchers. Was the bench that good?

Harding will be very good. As will Horatio. The Lions and Fordyce are my top two going into next season 

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover will be losing not one good pictures. But TWO. They are losing quite a bit. Looking for a new coach right now. Strickland will be sticking to just football. I would say Horatio will be a favorite next year, and Harding. Fordyce can be a contender again..

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas