• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the Felons State University behaving badly thread

Started by Indiana Jones, September 17, 2014, 12:15:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Even the most ardent FSU supporter would have to admit that moving the hearing casts FSU in an even more negative light.  Not that we needed further evidence of this, but the tail certainly wags the dog when it comes to athletics and colleges these days.

Indiana Jones

No
They all turn their heads just like Dumbo Fisher

AirWarren

"FREE SHOES UNIVERSITY"- Steve Spurrier while head coach at Florida

Coach Venny Slocombe

FSU is the most corrupt University in the history of the NCAA and Jimbo Fisher makes other coaches look like Saints...

Hoghead

FSU is no worse than Mquote author=Indiana Jones link=topic=137569.msg3077662#msg3077662 date=1416056749]
Changed the title of the thread for more accuracy
[/quote]i
Quote from: cuckoobird on November 15, 2014, 01:04:18 am
That school is going to burn worse than penn state when the ncaa gets fed up

No they will not. Pedifile St. was covering up for a Coach who they knew was a predator and kept him on the payroll. Jameis Winston is a dummy. But he is not the monster that Joe PA nourished and fed !

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Hoghead on November 15, 2014, 07:12:36 pm
FSU is no worse than Mquote author=Indiana Jones link=topic=137569.msg3077662#msg3077662 date=1416056749]
Changed the title of the thread for more accuracy
i

No they will not. Pedifile St. was covering up for a Coach who they knew was a predator and kept him on the payroll. Jameis Winston is a dummy. But he is not the monster that Joe PA nourished and fed !
[/quote]Now I agree with that...but Winston is more than a dummy, he is a scumbag...

Hoghead

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 15, 2014, 09:44:24 am
FSU is the most corrupt University in the history of the NCAA and Jimbo Fisher makes other coaches look like Saints...

No SMU and Oklahoma were way worse than FSU. Dare I say Miami ! The U was CSI: Miami back in the day !

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 07, 2014, 12:06:17 pm
I'm sure it's pure coincidence that FSU is 2-6 against the spread this year.

Pretty sure we covered tonight.

26 in a row, y'all.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 15, 2014, 11:24:19 pm

26 in a row, y'all.

Digging a hole in the first half is eventually going to catch up to them...even you have to admit that.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: HF on November 15, 2014, 11:25:58 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 15, 2014, 11:24:19 pm

26 in a row, y'all.

Digging a hole in the first half is eventually going to catch up to them...even you have to admit that.

Yeah I'm sure it will but I'm enjoying ripping the opponents' and collective haters' hearts out week after week.

Romeo

November 22, 2014, 09:43:39 pm #210 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 09:45:57 pm by Romeo
Should Jameis Winston been ejected for allegedly shoving the referee?

WPWells

Jameis the thug pushed a ref today. Defend that one

Lionheart88

That oughta be an ejection, under the rules.  Or at the very least a 15 yard penalty.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 22, 2014, 10:17:55 pm
That oughta be an ejection, under the rules.  Or at the very least a 15 yard penalty.
Nooooo, he is Jamieus Winston...he is at THE Florida State...they don't play down there. Dumbo Fisher lives and breeds thugs...just an everyday occurence at FSU...

Hoghead

27 straight ! Im not big on Winston. But the Hogs have Thugs too !

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Hoghead on November 23, 2014, 05:36:42 am

They're so MAD Hoghead.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Hoghead on November 23, 2014, 05:36:42 am

The difference is that we suspend ours.  Or kick them off the team.

WPWells

At Arkansas players are suspended longer for smaller violations

Romeo

I'm not sure why the referee was trying to hold the play. The play clock was running. In my honest non-biased opinion, if its anyone other than Winston its not a big deal.

Lionheart88

Winston said in the postgame interview that the ref told him he was trying to hold the play.

WPWells

Quote from: Romeo on November 23, 2014, 04:13:13 pm
I'm not sure why the referee was trying to hold the play. The play clock was running. In my honest non-biased opinion, if its anyone other than Winston he gets ejected.

FIFY

Hoghead

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 23, 2014, 03:14:39 pm

Yea, but if Arkansas had FSU type talent and ranked in the top 4. Nobody would be kicked off the team.

CathywithaC

Quote from: Romeo on November 23, 2014, 04:13:13 pm
I'm not sure why the referee was trying to hold the play. The play clock was running. In my honest non-biased opinion, if its anyone other than Winston its not a big deal.
He was holding the play, as he is required to do, to allow the defense to substitute after an offensive substitution.  Just like the rule that says Winston should have been ejected for contact with an official.

Brian G

Quote from: Hoghead on November 23, 2014, 07:47:50 pm

Yea, but if Arkansas had FSU type talent and ranked in the top 4. Nobody would be kicked off the team.
Straight lie.

WPWells

False because Bielema actually has character and holds his players accountable

AirWarren

Hitting the 45's tonight I see.

Hoghead

Quote from: B.G. on November 23, 2014, 08:38:56 pm

Straight lie.

If you think so...... But we will never know will we ?

Lionheart88

Korliss Marshal's one of the best athletes on this team and Bielema made it sound in the postgame like he's all but been kicked off.

Hoghead

November 24, 2014, 01:36:17 am #228 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:39:07 am by Hoghead
Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 24, 2014, 12:55:11 am
Korliss Marshal's one of the best athletes on this team and Bielema made it sound in the postgame like he's all but been kicked off.
I doubt he'll be headed to FSU... Notice I said IF we had FSU like talent and were ranked in the top 4 in the country. You'll punish from within if it's not a NCAA violation to keep your chances alive to win it all.

Chief_Osceola™

Official statement  from ACC Coordinator of Officials Doug Rhoads:

"As we do every week, our office evaluated each of the games and reports from our officials. This included the detailed report from the Boston College at Florida State game, which was reviewed and accepted. The center judge's positioning, which was due to the experimental year of having an 8th official, combined with the late substitution and by rule the need to allow the defense to matchup, led to contact between himself and the player. The official believed the contact was incidental and insignificant and did not rise to the level of unsportsmanlike conduct and automatic disqualification."

WPWells

What 12th Man hears:

Blah blah blah the official was afraid to eject pretty boy Winston and ruin the ACC's chances of winning the national championship and we agree so we'll just make an excuse

Chief_Osceola™

mack

Chief and Jimbo, HH to a certain extent, remind me of parents I had to deal with when I coached.  Their kid could do no wrong.  They defended them regardless of their transgressions.  Don't even think about disciplining little Johnny.  He's bigger than the team or program.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: mack on November 24, 2014, 11:45:09 am
Chief and Jimbo, HH to a certain extent, remind me of parents I had to deal with when I coached.  Their kid could do no wrong.  They defended them regardless of their transgressions.  Don't even think about disciplining little Johnny.  He's bigger than the team or program.

I'm not sure what else to say.  He has been disciplined.  He was suspended 3 baseball games for the stolen crab legs, because that incident happened during baseball season.  He was suspended an entire game because he said a profanity.  I guess anything short of him being kicked off the team would not be enough for some.

mack

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 24, 2014, 11:50:38 am

I'm not sure what else to say.  He has been disciplined.  He was suspended 3 baseball games for the stolen crab legs, because that incident happened during baseball season.  He was suspended an entire game because he said a profanity.  I guess anything short of him being kicked off the team would not be enough for some.

It would not be enough if it was my team.

3sportkid

like it said in the comments section of the video, the official was in the wrong place.  He is supposed to stand over the ball and keep the center from grabbing the ball until ready to snap not try and stop the qb from getting underneath the center. 

sevenof400

Quote from: 3sportkid on November 24, 2014, 05:35:21 pm
like it said in the comments section of the video, the official was in the wrong place.  He is supposed to stand over the ball and keep the center from grabbing the ball until ready to snap not try and stop the qb from getting underneath the center.

Nothing justifies placing hands on an official.

Nothing.

To say nothing of the shoving. 

At some point, when is someone in the administration of Florida State going to realize how tarnished their university is as a result of their football program and say enough? 

Florida State University is making a choice here with respect to the athletes who represent the school.  Winston's long string of incidents, while hardly unprecedented in college athletics, serve to discredit the school with every new event. 

This is -not- to single out Florida State as the lone example of this problem.  Unfortunately, far too many other schools turn the other way when athletes act like arses.  It is, however, Florida State's turn (again) to deal with such an issue and the choices they are making reveals the character and values of those in charge athletically and academically.

Lionheart88

Bobby Bowden must be rolling over in his recliner.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I forget...what was his punishment for rape?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on November 24, 2014, 08:46:56 pm

I forget...what was his punishment for rape?

Sorry, you'll have to remind me, when was he charged, taken to court, and found guilty? I guess I missed all that.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

He wasn't, but that doesn't mean he is innocent.  If USC and Buffalo Bills fans had your level of homerism, they'd be out to convince the world that OJ was also innocent.  After all, he was found not guilty in criminal court!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on November 25, 2014, 07:17:07 pm
He wasn't, but that doesn't mean he is innocent.  If USC and Buffalo Bills fans had your level of homerism, they'd be out to convince the world that OJ was also innocent.  After all, he was found not guilty in criminal court!

The glaring difference here is that he was never even charged. Have you read any of the reports? Please tell me you have.

cuckoobird

November 26, 2014, 07:58:36 am #242 Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 10:39:44 am by cuckoobird
You mean  never really investigated

Jacketman65

Charges will be filed after the national championship if they make it!  Possibly sooner if they don't.

wildcat_x-mgr

He wasn't, but that doesn't mean he is innocent.

No, it doesn't, but does the fact that some girl said it happened automatically make him guilty?

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 26, 2014, 07:58:36 am
You mean  never really investigated

Despite the hundreds of pages of case reports, full of evidence and statements.  Yeah, keep on with your narrative though...

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on November 28, 2014, 11:49:46 pm
He wasn't, but that doesn't mean he is innocent.

No, it doesn't, but does the fact that some girl said it happened automatically make him guilty?

Around here it does.  Except only in the case of Jameis Winston.  Go read the Bill Cosby thread, take a look at who has posted in each thread, and come back here if you want to see some glaring hypocrisy.

cuckoobird

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: cuckoobird on December 01, 2014, 12:18:59 pm
Comparing bill and jaimes is laughable.

Yeah, I guess so...but you'll have to get us up to speed - who is Jaimes?

cuckoobird

If his parents cant spell his name right, how do you expect me to?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas