• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forget the AAA, make your own conference !!!

Started by Hoghead, May 30, 2014, 12:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lionfan59

Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 30, 2014, 01:32:28 pm
Quote from: BigLion10 on May 30, 2014, 01:11:07 pm
England
Lonoke
Carlisle
Stuttgart
Beebe
Cabot
Watson chapel
White hall
That's an incredible size gap from Cabot down to little Carlisle and England.  Also, it seems like you'd be better served geographically with the likes of Des Arc, Hazen, Vilonia, Jacksonville, or North Pulaski instead of White Hall and Watson Chapel.
I think he was putting them together simply because we are all in the same County. 

WPWells

Charleston
Lavaca
Paris
Mansfield
Ozark
Booneville
Alma
Greenwood

WPWells

October 02, 2014, 02:13:31 pm #52 Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 06:19:22 pm by 12th Man CHS
Or we could do the Sebastian County conference

Northside
Southside
Lavaca
Greenwood
Union Christian
Hackett
Charleston
Mansfield

The last two schools are in different counties but parts of their districts are in Sebastian County

Rudehog

Build a second High School Conference

Bentonville
Fayetteville
Conway
North Little Rock

Rudehog

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 01, 2014, 07:23:28 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 30, 2014, 11:13:22 pm
Because somebody has to:

Catholic/MSM
PA
LRCA
Shiloh
Arkansas Baptist
CAC
Episcopal Collegiate
Harding Academy

:P

Balanced enough to pick a state champion from that conference alone.  Let's do it.

Amen

lionfan59

Quote from: Rudehog on October 02, 2014, 10:16:25 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 01, 2014, 07:23:28 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 30, 2014, 11:13:22 pm
Because somebody has to:

Catholic/MSM
PA
LRCA
Shiloh
Arkansas Baptist
CAC
Episcopal Collegiate
Harding Academy

:P

Balanced enough to pick a state champion from that conference alone.  Let's do it.

Amen
love it

Lions84

tiger2016

Charleston
Booneville
Hazen
Junction City
Dardanelle
Nashville
Smackover
Arkadelphia

Lionheart88

Quote from: tiger2016 on November 25, 2014, 04:34:21 pm
Charleston
Booneville
Hazen
Junction City
Dardanelle
Nashville
Smackover
Arkadelphia
What's the reasoning on that one?  I don't recognize any unifying thread, you've got teams from a wide range of geographic areas and three classifications.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 25, 2014, 05:06:11 pm
Quote from: tiger2016 on November 25, 2014, 04:34:21 pm
Charleston
Booneville
Hazen
Junction City
Dardanelle
Nashville
Smackover
Arkadelphia
What's the reasoning on that one?  I don't recognize any unifying thread, you've got teams from a wide range of geographic areas and three classifications.
They're all pretty good in their respective classifications this year...

cuckoobird

HorseFeathers

cuckoobird

DogsWin7

Glad to see you exercise your thinking capabilities, for today.  ;D :)

cuckoobird

Why RUN to the kitchen and get me samich!!!! Jk

Wonderdog

Dollarway
Pine bluff
White hall
Watson chapel
Warren
El dorado
Stuttgart
Sheridan

Though spanning 3 classes, This conference features several rivalries, reasonable travel, and an abundance of tradition and competition.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on November 28, 2014, 02:24:52 am
Dollarway
Pine bluff
White hall
Watson chapel
Warren
El dorado
Stuttgart
Sheridan

Though spanning 3 classes, This conference features several rivalries, reasonable travel, and an abundance of tradition and competition.
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 30, 2014, 12:51:11 pm
Pine Bluff
Dollarway
Watson Chapel
White Hall
Sheridan
Warren
Monticello
Star City

Keep it local, keep Pulaski County out of it.  It'd be a pretty salty football conference.

Great minds think alike. :)

Wolfpack68

Prescott, Hope, Gurdon, Texarkana, GR, Arkadelphia, Ashdown and Smackover

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on January 08, 2015, 09:10:23 pm
Prescott, Hope, Gurdon, Texarkana, GR, Arkadelphia, Ashdown and Smackover

Every conference needs a cupcake?

Wolfpack68

phdefense

Gravette, Texarkana, Lake Village, Blytheville, Eldorado, Mountain Home, Waldron, West Helena

HorseFeathers

beach bum

Quote from: phdefense on January 08, 2015, 10:18:11 pm
Gravette, Texarkana, Lake Village, Blytheville, Eldorado, Mountain Home, Waldron, West Helena

Gravette vs. Lake Village would be great for the kids and their academic life on Monday through Thursday sporting events. They could sleep on the bus ride home and arrive back around 5 a.m. for an early morning practice, then off to Biology class. What a trip from SE Arkansas back up to far NWA!

beach bum

Mine up in NW Arkansas for the small schools would be Greenland, Elkins, West Fork, Lincoln, Prairie Grove, Farmington, Shiloh Christian, Gentry, Gravette, and Pea Ridge. Keep the games in NW Arkansas between 45 minutes for everyone and in Benton and Washington County. I think Arkansas needs 9 and 10 team conferences anyway for football and all sports in general.

Qhcaoc

Quote from: tmycjy on May 30, 2014, 07:15:39 pm
Here my conference for the east

Wynne
Blytheville
Newport
Osceola
Batesville
Valley view
Beebe
Eather Paragould or green county tech

no gosnell or rivercrest

protegewill

Pine Bluff
Eldorado
Texarkana
Warren
Watson Chapel
Camden Fairview
Monticello
Hot Springs

This I would love to see!!

Lionheart88

Seems like an awfully scattershot level of quality.  Hot Springs has had one good season in how long?  Monticello hasn't really been good since the '09 title season.  Texarkana?  But then there are some real powers from various levels like PB, ElDo, and Warren.  I'm confused.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 26, 2015, 04:13:39 pm
Seems like an awfully scattershot level of quality.  Hot Springs has had one good season in how long?  Monticello hasn't really been good since the '09 title season.  Texarkana?  But then there are some real powers from various levels like PB, ElDo, and Warren.  I'm confused.

Maybe he didn't like hot springs, texarkana, and monticello and wants to see them get thrashed?

protegewill

Quote from: HF on August 26, 2015, 04:16:53 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on August 26, 2015, 04:13:39 pm

Maybe he didn't like hot springs, texarkana, and monticello and wants to see them get thrashed?

+1

HGfaninTN

September 04, 2015, 06:21:51 pm #79 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 06:25:28 pm by HGfaninTN
Quote from: Hoghead on May 30, 2014, 12:41:36 pm
If you could make your own conference in your region of Arkansas who would be in it ?   8 Schools per conference only !!!

Here's mine

Arkadelphia
Ashdown
Camden Fairview
Nashville
Magnolia
Hope
Prescott
Malvern

No PB, HS  or LR Schools. It will never happen though.
Substitute  Camden High for Nashville and Crossett for Prescott and you will have the old 7AA Conference from the early '70s.  Or take out Crossett and put in Camden Lincoln and you have the combined late '60s conference.

HGfaninTN

Quote from: Rulesman on June 01, 2014, 07:21:56 pm
Before the days of 7 classifications, gender equity, and 8 teams in a conference, the old AAA-East consisted of Blytheville, West Memphis, Jonesboro, Forrest City, Marianna and Helena-West Helena. Now that was a conference, particularly in basketball!
Didn't AAA-Central have Arkansas High, Hot Springs, Benton, McClellan, Mills, Sylvan Hills and Jacksonville.  This was when Arkansas High, Hot Springs, and Jacksonville were all competing for state titles in football. 

purplecrush91

OZARK
CHARESTON
BOONEVILLE
ALMA
VAN BUREN
SOUTHSIDE
NORTHSIDE
GREENWOOD

River Valley conference

tmycjy

Got a new conference one for u I call this the 164 conference