• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Talk

Started by Eagle076, February 04, 2018, 04:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stronguard

Winter is coming

Wildcat_Booster

Quote from: big E on May 11, 2018, 07:53:40 pm
Again if you don't hear blue say fowl ball you better keep playing.  I'm not saying it was fair or fowl ,our AD said he seen the ump point. Butt didn't hear him say anything. All I'm saying is if blue don't say anything keep playing.

If I hear an Umpire say FOWL, he must be making chicken noises, if he said FOUL< then I'd stop running the bases. What school do you attend? Good grief

big E

Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on May 12, 2018, 04:41:07 am

If I hear an Umpire say FOWL, he must be making chicken noises, if he said FOUL< then I'd stop running the bases. What school do you attend? Good grief
Quote from: Wildcat_Booster on May 12, 2018, 04:41:07 am

Evidently the umpire didn't say anything , some say he pointed I don't know and don't care. Don't get all up in your little feelings and try to insult me when I stated a fact that kids have been taught since little league. You run until the umpire says foul ball , umpires don't say fair ball , they point fair.  So if the ump don't make a sound you keep playing ,evidently Spring Hill knew to keep playing . As for spelling my phone spells what it wants most of the time . I think every one got my point. Never claimed to be a scholar. If it made you feel better to correct me then that's fine. I promise I won't lose any sleep over it.

big E

Quote from: sport on May 11, 2018, 10:11:02 pm
Eerie similar situation for PW coach tomorrow.. 5 years and 1 day ago from the noon game tomorrow. Coach Beck saved the semis game against PC at PC while he was at St Joe. Went on to start, Win, and have a walkoff double against Dierks at baum in the finals the next weekend in a run rule state championship vicotry...food for thought.
Well let's hope that some of that magic rubs off on old P-dub. Coach Beck has done a great job with this group of young kids  considering they lost every starter off the semifinal team last year. Who in this board even had a thought that they would make it this far? I even made the statement that I thought they would make it to state , but didn't think they would make mush noise.  Boy was I wrong and am very happy to admit it. Go Patriots.

MagicMike

Cute story. But I'm hoping its the end of the road for the patriots!  ;D

jaguar13

Wish it was McCrory and PW in the semis today. If Campbell starts the kid who came in i believe it's a whole different ball game. Congrats to PC though. Hope it's a good game today!

MagicMike

PC rolls 9 to 5 over PW

eldofan

Looks like it is PC and Springhill for the title!

Eagle076

All I can say is good luck PC. I feel like Spring Hill is there only by default. A little bitter...yes.  Spring Hill does have a solid baseball team, however I feel like The quarter finals was given to them by blues bad call or should I say no call due to a prideful stand.  Just my opinion,  but I don't think I stand alone.

SAUAlum

Of course you don't stand alone. But on the other hand there's people that agree you don't stop playing until you are certain it's a foul ball. Regardless, Spring Hill dominated CC today. PC dominated today and I'm sure I don't stand alone by sayings it's the best two teams in the finals. Records during the state tournament mean nothing.

bear_wolves98

My money's on PC. They seem more talented and deserving than SH. Good luck to both teams!

birddawg1986

Looks like the south prevails in baseball ⚾️ again.

southarkdaddy

As if there was any doubt.  Conway Christian boasted an undefeated record but would have been 3rd in our league. 

bearfan

That was the worst game CCS played all year. Spring Hill and Parker's chapel would not have beaten junction city like CCS did

big E

Seems they have the worst games at the most inopportune times.

MagicMike

Quote from: bearfan on May 13, 2018, 07:16:50 pm
That was the worst game CCS played all year. Spring Hill and Parker's chapel would not have beaten junction city like CCS did

There is a reason jc pitched their ace against pc and not against cc. Don't kid yourself. CC wasn't going to the championship and everyone knew it after 1 inning with BIC they would lose to Spring Hill

cornernumber10

Des Arc should've won over Spring Hill, when on paper Hill was the better team. Now the back call at the end of the game did have an affect on team that was on top. In another circumstance CC on paper was the better team, but in the end Hill is at Baum. Its the game of baseball, and you have to be pround of the team thats in the finals. Whoever it may be.

RedWolf275

Quote from: bearfan on April 27, 2018, 08:23:44 pm
I've watched a lot of baseball this year and Conway christian has the skill to compete for a 4a state championship

I think this is what is called an overstatement!

southarkdaddy

Quote from: RedWolf275 on May 15, 2018, 03:30:30 pm
I think this is what is called an overstatement!

He meant to say talented enough to be 3rd place in the south region

BossHogs

Quote from: southarkdaddy on May 16, 2018, 09:54:58 am
He meant to say talented enough to be 3rd place in the south region
Dang right. CC couldn't have won in 1A or 2A. Let alone 3A and up. They were a good team but there are lots of good teams.

bleacherbum78

Quote from: MagicMike on May 13, 2018, 09:34:19 pm
There is a reason jc pitched their ace against pc and not against cc. Don't kid yourself. CC wasn't going to the championship and everyone knew it after 1 inning with BIC they would lose to Spring Hill
But JC didn't throw their ace against PC either.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas