• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-6 Season

Started by RiverEagle079, August 22, 2017, 11:42:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverEagle079

Since its not off season no more I figured I would start this thread.  I'm expecting good things from the six this year maybe having a few runs from other teams as well as Des Arc taking it for the district again.  This topic can be for general discussion not really for game threads we will all have different threads for that. 

Ventman

I think McCrory, PW, and Hazen will be good this year. Carlisle has potential to be good if they can stay healthy. DA will have to work hard to win the 6 this year.

jbtiger73

I actually think Clarendon will upset a couple of teams on their way to a playoff bid. Hopefully the usual basketball bug that normally happens with them doesn't take effect. If it doesn't, then expect the Lions to be in the playoff picture

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on August 22, 2017, 11:42:40 pm
Since its not off season no more I figured I would start this thread.  I'm expecting good things from the six this year maybe having a few runs from other teams as well as Des Arc taking it for the district again.  This topic can be for general discussion not really for game threads we will all have different threads for that.

How did the Eagles look in their scrimmage?

RiverEagle079

Sr. boys tied with Riverview the first string played ten min second string ten min and they did a walk through with special teams then did red zone I think.  This is coming from a player this morning.  So really cant say anything about the team until they play a full game. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

August 23, 2017, 05:52:19 pm #5 Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 06:20:30 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Sonofasonofasailor on August 23, 2017, 03:43:51 pm
How did the Eagles look in their scrimmage?

I was there. It went 10 plays off. and 10 def. For starters then 10 and 10 for 2nd team. Then a 20:00 running clock, with timeouts. Both teams broke a couple big plays for t.d.'s. Both teams struggled against each other's starting defense and so there wasn't much consistency of ball movement. Riverview had either 50+ or right at 50 players, when I starting counting them they broke from where they were at and I may have counted 1 row twice. Our line needs to block a little better. Our defense look really good for a scrimmage, if they make they normal improvements throughout the season, they will be very stingy.

Here is everyone's only warning, you better have some serious speed to stop our passing game, (yes I said passing game). It's a threat from anywhere on the field. Q.B. can throw it a LONG ways and we have a couple who can run and get it.

Des Arc will be fine when it matters.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on August 23, 2017, 03:43:18 pm
I actually think Clarendon will upset a couple of teams on their way to a playoff bid. Hopefully the usual basketball bug that normally happens with them doesn't take effect. If it doesn't, then expect the Lions to be in the playoff picture
They impressed me during the scrimmages...with players in various different positions than they normally play, they still made some big plays and were pretty solid.  Had some attempted arm tackles that need to go away lol but overall they did well.

mr.gametime

Well got some bad news!!!!....its official Augusta will not field a sr.high football team this year....they have around 15 players on the team but , no dedication...sometimes you might have 14 show up for practice and the next day it will be 8 ...then the next day 13 ..then the next day 9 or 10....smh....so they have cancelled there season.

jbtiger73

Well that sucks. I think it's time for more consolidation. I hate to say it. But it is what it is. People don't understand how big football is financially, the lifeblood of a school and a community. Not necessarily for the class A schools. But for schools like Augusta and Brinkley. I'm definitely happy Brinkley was able to get the team up and going. I honestly thought the news piece on them helped out a lot. And the community pep rally as well.

big E

That's not good news but I figured it would happen. Especially with kids that left.

Ventman

Lions84

That just sad that the Red Devils will not have a team this year.   

big E

Signs of the times in this part of the state.

Proud Buckaroo

It's so sad to see these smaller schools get smaller and smaller every year.

I can remember when 2A was so big they had to split conferences..

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on August 23, 2017, 05:52:19 pm
I was there. It went 10 plays off. and 10 def. For starters then 10 and 10 for 2nd team. Then a 20:00 running clock, with timeouts. Both teams broke a couple big plays for t.d.'s. Both teams struggled against each other's starting defense and so there wasn't much consistency of ball movement. Riverview had either 50+ or right at 50 players, when I starting counting them they broke from where they were at and I may have counted 1 row twice. Our line needs to block a little better. Our defense look really good for a scrimmage, if they make they normal improvements throughout the season, they will be very stingy.

Here is everyone's only warning, you better have some serious speed to stop our passing game, (yes I said passing game). It's a threat from anywhere on the field. Q.B. can throw it a LONG ways and we have a couple who can run and get it.

Des Arc will be fine when it matters.

Des arc passes?? WOW.

RiverEagle079

Be ready for it bucky  ;D

Lions84

Lions84

Hope the Old Lions get some more wins this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas