• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

no tobacco policy on school property..

Started by bearbacker52, July 12, 2017, 05:21:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: old.dole on July 15, 2017, 07:56:36 pm
I actually think he has a point. If we as adults are at a school function we should set the proper example for the kids and follow the rules. That's just my opinion tho.

My dipping at a football isn't affecting the kids. Half the time, you cannot even tell I have a dip in.

Besides... the kids are most of the time doing far worse things than dip tobacco. Especially now days....

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 15, 2017, 08:51:35 pm
Did you swallow it?

I think I ingested too much of the juice.... I weighed like 110 pounds in high school too so that doesn't help haha.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 15, 2017, 08:53:14 pm
My dipping at a football isn't affecting the kids. Half the time, you cannot even tell I have a dip in.

Besides... the kids are most of the time doing far worse things than dip tobacco. Especially now days....
They can tell when you spit in a bottle.

bigworm

I dip at every game i go to. I have no problem with anyone doin anything as long it doesnt harm anyone else. I guess what i hate the most is the grown idiots that call for harm to an opposing player.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 15, 2017, 08:23:22 pm
This year I'm gonna smoke and dip at same time and spit in my beer bottle.

Atta boy.

bearbacker52

Granny used to say people that put that in their mouth, could put cat crap in their mouths without any problem.

Proud Buckaroo

Well, your Granny was wrong because I'm not putting cat turds in my mouth.

Bigditchlion

So questions that occur from tobacco users to everyone? Who is taxed more a tobacco user or someone who doesn't and where do are those taxes allocated? Do you drive a gas powered vehicle? Do you live in an area of agriculture that uses burning of fields to add carbon to the soil? When talking about smokeless tobacco there is no pollution to others, when someone smokes is it that much different than the burning a field or driving a car? My point is this, be respectful to non smokers and smokers.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 16, 2017, 10:52:52 am

It was tuff going to town with Grandma & Pa while riding in the bed of the truck back in the day. Grandpa chewed & Grandma dipped. We rode in the middle!

BigLion10

My grandpa to this day still keeps a secret stash of Redman chew in his truck for when he drives by himself or with me away from Grandma lol

bearbacker52

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 16, 2017, 10:52:52 am
Lol she said that cause gramps always had a plug of redman

bearbacker52

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 16, 2017, 11:12:15 am
So questions that occur from tobacco users to everyone? Who is taxed more a tobacco user or someone who doesn't and where do are those taxes allocated? Do you drive a gas powered vehicle? Do you live in an area of agriculture that uses burning of fields to add carbon to the soil? When talking about smokeless tobacco there is no pollution to others, when someone smokes is it that much different than the burning a field or driving a car? My point is this, be respectful to non smokers and smokers.
You are off topic, the subject is respecting a law, that already exists involving school property..And the use of tobacco. ..if the doppers kept it to themselves instead to throw their finished wads on the sidewalk, it would be different...Airwarren wants to blame it on welfare recipients.

Proud Buckaroo

But... I don't do that. I throw mine in the trash or the bottle I used to spit in.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 16, 2017, 03:31:22 pm
But... I don't do that. I throw mine in the trash or the bottle I used to spit in.
a few could mess it up for the rest buck

JC Guy

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 16, 2017, 03:51:00 pm
a few could mess it up for the rest buck
I dip also. I am aware it's a nasty habit but I always try and respect others with it. I do see some that don't do that for sure. I wish 37 years ago I wasn't  trying to be like my big brother which is how I picked  this nasty addictive habit up.

Jimbo Morphis

I smoked for 35 years. Been quit for a couple of years. One of the hardest things I've ever done.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2017, 05:19:51 pm
I smoked for 35 years. Been quit for a couple of years. One of the hardest things I've ever done.
Two thumbs up for you man quitting after 35 years, Lord knows how man loved ones we have lost from smoking...Do you ever get tempted?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 16, 2017, 06:36:59 pm
Two thumbs up for you man quitting after 35 years, Lord knows how man loved ones we have lost from smoking...Do you ever get tempted?
Not in the last 30 minutes.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2017, 05:19:51 pm

They say if you can survive 21 days without any habit, your success rate increases gradually.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on July 16, 2017, 07:13:28 pm
They say if you can survive 21 days without any habit, your success rate increases gradually.
Some married woman said that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 16, 2017, 06:36:59 pm

Lost my dad to smoking.... Watching what it did to his health even growing up was enough to never try to even pick it up..

Quote from: AirWarren on July 16, 2017, 07:13:28 pm

Could always replace the habit with another habit....

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2017, 07:15:18 pm
Some married woman said that.

Actually, it was in a tobacco cessation pamphlet through a health insurance company.

SR30

Go to the cotton patch in rivercreat. You can stand under the scoreboard and smoke all you want. They are getting new facilities this year so idk where the new smoking section will be..lol

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SR30 on July 16, 2017, 07:37:04 pm
Go to the cotton patch in rivercreat. You can stand under the scoreboard and smoke all you want. They are getting new facilities this year so idk where the new smoking section will be..lol

That's because their field is not on school property. That's why most schools have those rules because their field is actually on school campus.

beach bum

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 16, 2017, 08:30:53 pm

That's because their field is not on school property. That's why most schools have those rules because their field is actually on school campus.

That's crazy... I wonder how many schools are also in that situation where their football field or basketball arena is not on school grounds. I know it happens in baseball a lot, but you never really hear about that in football or basketball.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 16, 2017, 08:30:53 pm

There are smoking areas at every field. Most step outside the gate at halftime.

bearbacker52

Quote from: AirWarren on July 16, 2017, 07:22:44 pm
Actually, it was in a tobacco cessation pamphlet through a health insurance company.
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 15, 2017, 08:53:14 pm

U cant go a couple hours without a dip? Bet u got stained ip carpets at home...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldman on July 17, 2017, 05:03:09 am
There are smoking areas at every field. Most step outside the gate at halftime.

And some dont make it that far...

bearbacker52

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 17, 2017, 01:11:14 pm
U cant go a couple hours without a dip? Bet u got stained ip carpets at home...

No. Actually my house is pretty clean. Just because I dip doesn't make me a person who isn't clean. that would be like me saying I bet you live in a shack.

Hornet4ever

I chew tobacco and have a great job. My house stays fairly clean. I don't wear a confederate flag hat every where I go (nothing wrong with this either). I'm not married to my cousin. I can spell and usually put together somewhat intellectual sentences and words.

Not everyone who uses tobacco are stupid rednecks. Not sure where this came from..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on July 17, 2017, 05:16:28 pm
I chew tobacco and have a great job. My house stays fairly clean. I don't wear a confederate flag hat every where I go (nothing wrong with this either). I'm not married to my cousin. I can spell and usually put together somewhat intellectual sentences and words.

Not everyone who uses tobacco are stupid rednecks. Not sure where this came from..

Same place as the "everyone that drinks beer" is a redneck ..... Actions of a minority define the few....seems to be a popular theme in the country good and bad

bearbacker52

July 17, 2017, 05:29:38 pm #82 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:31:13 pm by bearbacker52
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 17, 2017, 04:55:47 pm
No. Actually my house is pretty clean. Just because I dip doesn't make me a person who isn't clean. that would be like me saying I bet you live in a shack.

Have you ever knocked over a spit bottle at home?

bearbacker52

Not sure where what come from? No-one has said anything about rednecks, why would you want to invoke that in the conversation?

Proud Buckaroo

Because you are making assumptions within your wording.

No, I haven't knocked over a spit bottle. I keep a lid on mine. This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever had to discuss on fearless Friday.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 17, 2017, 05:42:57 pm

No, I haven't knocked over a spit bottle. I keep a lid on mine. This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever had to discuss on fearless Friday.

That's saying something for a 3a guy

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 17, 2017, 05:29:38 pm
Nope, my wife and I both dip outside only.

Jimbo Morphis

I have some very pretty cousins.

bearbacker52

why you discussing it? defending it? its a thread about a rule? is someone making you to respond. its clear you defend tobacco use on school

property. You choose to disobey the rule case closed.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Oldman on July 17, 2017, 05:46:49 pm
I have some very pretty cousins.

would they want to meet a big ole redneck country boy, with all his teeth, non dipper of course

bearbacker52

bearbacker52

JC Guy

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 17, 2017, 05:29:38 pm
Yep but it's cool because I have a cap on it!👀

Proud Buckaroo

July 17, 2017, 08:16:32 pm #93 Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:27:33 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 17, 2017, 06:05:19 pm

I'm very well the effects of tobacco use. I don't need a YouTube video to inform me of that. I make the choice to do it. If you have never done any sort of Tobacco use then you have no understanding of how difficult it is to put the bad habit down.

As far as me dipping at a high school football game.... Like I said. The kids themselves do far worse things on school grounds. Those things are. It made to be discussed here.

And by the way. I have all my teeth. Dipping has not affected any of my teeth.

bearbacker52

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on July 17, 2017, 08:16:32 pm
I'm very well the effects of tobacco use. I don't need a YouTube video to inform me of that. I make the choice to do it. If you have never done any sort of Tobacco use then you have no understanding of how difficult it is to put the bad habit down.

As far as me dipping at a high school football game.... Like I said. The kids themselves do far worse things on school grounds. Those things are. It made to be discussed here.

And by the way. I have all my teeth. Dipping has not affected any of my teeth.

Do you agree that if one person see this video, and decides not to use skoal, that posting the video is worth it?

Proud Buckaroo

Like I said, putting down the habit is a lot harder to do than picking it up.

bearbacker52

I do smoke a good cuban cigar 2 or 3 a year my only bacco vice.

old.dole

By breaking the rule you are telling kids it's ok to break some rules. Therefore not ok. Just because some of the kids are doing far worse still doesn't make it ok to break a rule. Imo

Proud Buckaroo

Like I said above, I do it and most of the time people never know I am even doing it. Yeah, I use a bottle. Because I cannot stomach it like most people can. I don't do it at every game because most of the time I am pretty vocal at games. I do it on occasions and I do not do it where kids are. I have designated seating areas that I always go to that are never really around kids.

bearbacker52

Quote from: old.dole on July 17, 2017, 09:32:42 pm
By breaking the rule you are telling kids it's ok to break some rules. Therefore not ok. Just because some of the kids are doing far worse still doesn't make it ok to break a rule. Imo
And with that logic he cant hold his kids accountable, it would just be hipocritical...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas