• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mayflower Football

Started by PulltheTackle, March 20, 2014, 06:31:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PulltheTackle

Who will be the new head coach at Mayflower?

ATU

What happened to the head coach.

rzrbacks123

KOJACK

March 22, 2014, 11:21:41 pm #3 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:57:54 am by KOJACK
Wow...  :o

jr17

AnotherTurfMonkey

Well maybe they will have a defense to go with that high powered offense...  Because in the past their defense has been below horrible!

Hogwild#9

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on March 25, 2014, 08:32:52 pm
Well maybe they will have a defense to go with that high powered offense...  Because in the past their defense has been below horrible!
It shouldn't be any better this year. Most of D was seniors last year and not much talent is left

AnotherTurfMonkey

Let me give u guys a tip.
You are in 3A not 7A
Play your best 11 not 22!

Hogwild#9

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on March 26, 2014, 11:17:45 am
You are in 3A not 7A
The best offensive that just play offense do that because they don't like contact which is probably why they are so good at offense lol

KOJACK

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on March 27, 2014, 12:39:17 am
You are in 3A not 7A
The best offensive that just play offense do that because they don't like contact which is probably why they are so good at offense lol
And so bad at defense.

Idoknow

March 27, 2014, 06:22:44 pm #10 Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 07:26:37 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: Hogwild#9 on March 27, 2014, 12:39:17 am
You are in 3A not 7A
Is there no contact on offense? Never heard this before,"Fb is a contact sport". If not, Coach Davis will be in trouble at Marion!

jr17

Coach Davis just believed that the best defense was a good offense.  Obviously not true. I agree, this is 3A, gotta start having some athletes step up and play both ways. Hopefully that's how the new coach feels

zebrafan69

Rumor is they have already offered somebody the job

Ffffan29

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: zebrafan69 on March 28, 2014, 08:00:23 am
Rumor is they have already offered somebody the job
cmon man. who?

bigbucks

Bus Driver? Just a wild guess...LOL

Idoknow

Quote from: bigbucks on March 29, 2014, 01:01:34 pm
Bus Driver? Just a wild guess...LOL
Plumber, this bus driving joke is getting old. You need to move on!

Hogwild#9

The point I was making is those players don't like to get hit so they catch the balls and get on their horse to try to avoid big hits. They would not play D because they would not deliver blows or make tackles. Word is the job will go to either Floyd which is a assistant and has been at Mayflower a while or Langrel the OC at Greenbrier

KOJACK

It doesn't matter honestly...

DogsWin7

Why not?            Idoknow.......what does Uncle Jack say??     :)

Time tells all things eventually.

I heard a ........well......

It will be interesting to say the least.  ;)

Bluepanther86

If they get Langrell that's probably the best guy for the job and would do better than davis did... I mean just look at what Langrell has done for the Greenbrier Offense... Great Job. And he would just pick right where Coach Davis left. The offense will be great again. Langrell is a great coach and knows his game. Goodluck to him if he gets it, he coached there before davis came.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on March 29, 2014, 10:12:46 pm
If they get Langrell that's probably the best guy for the job and would do better than davis did... I mean just look at what Langrell has done for the Greenbrier Offense... Great Job. And he would just pick right where Coach Davis left. The offense will be great again. Langrell is a great coach and knows his game. Goodluck to him if he gets it, he coached there before davis came.
He had one of the top QB's in the country... It would be tough not to do well lol

jr17

Langrell would be able to utilize the weapons Mayflower has offensively. A great QB and RB with an experienced&talented received corp. Returning 3 starting O Lineman, lack size. I feel like he would be able to make do pretty well. LOL

Bluepanther86

He lives in guy right now though, would be one long hike back and forth to mayflower everyday passing by his old team to.. But he has all the connections starting with Coach Albritton and Coach slough (principle) and quite a few other people. So I would not doubt if he got the Job, He would have the best chance to take this team to state. Don't get me wrong Davis was a good coach at times... My son went to Mayflower but we switched to GB. So I know both coaches and Davis did good things but when it came to the game he wasn't the best as far as plan and clutch. But Langrell knows what he is doing, and he does it great. He would make Dycus a better QB and make all the receivers better.. But who knows.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on March 30, 2014, 04:18:04 pm
He lives in guy right now though, would be one long hike back and forth to mayflower everyday passing by his old team to.. But he has all the connections starting with Coach Albritton and Coach slough (principle) and quite a few other people. So I would not doubt if he got the Job, He would have the best chance to take this team to state. Don't get me wrong Davis was a good coach at times... My son went to Mayflower but we switched to GB. So I know both coaches and Davis did good things but when it came to the game he wasn't the best as far as plan and clutch. But Langrell knows what he is doing, and he does it great. He would make Dycus a better QB and make all the receivers better.. But who knows.
Honestly whoever gets the job will be in trouble. They don't have a lot coming back and no talent coming up

jr17

Hogwild
You're right. ZERO talent coming up.

Bluepanther86

True that, but I don't know if you realize how greenbrier plays ball... The whole thing about not having talent hurts a team. But langrell is a smart coach from what ive learned from Greenbrier and all of their coaches is that they don't stick to "one system" every year. It changes every year depending on talent and what they have to work with. Langrell changes his offenses every year to work with what he has, now he runs the bubble every year but he changes what he does. So even if there was no talent I believe he would run a system that worked for that team. But I do agree hardly no talent after the class of 15. It was the last best group Mayflower had...

KOJACK

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on March 30, 2014, 07:09:41 pm
True that, but I don't know if you realize how greenbrier plays ball... The whole thing about not having talent hurts a team. But langrell is a smart coach from what ive learned from Greenbrier and all of their coaches is that they don't stick to "one system" every year. It changes every year depending on talent and what they have to work with. Langrell changes his offenses every year to work with what he has, now he runs the bubble every year but he changes what he does. So even if there was no talent I believe he would run a system that worked for that team. But I do agree hardly no talent after the class of 15. It was the last best group Mayflower had...
I agree about changing your system to fit what you got. It ain't college where you bring your style of kid in...you take what you got and roll with it. A coach that can do that will be successful.

loyal fan

adaptedtigerfan

In the beginning was the Word,

Ffffan29

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ffffan29 on April 04, 2014, 05:47:51 am
Any interviews?
they offered it to me without an interview but i turned it down. couldn't take the pay cut.

loyal fan

Hogwild#9

I think it's down to 4 guys. A decision should be made soon

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on April 10, 2014, 12:23:08 pm
I think it's down to 4 guys. A decision should be made soon
if it was mcgehee i would know the names.

Bluepanther86

If I'm correct I know two of the candidates, that's coach Langrell from Greenbrier OC and Chad Floyd Mayflowers OC and line coach. Other two idk?

Lions84

As long as the Mayflower sails in the same District as HA they will have their ship dashed upon the rocks.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: Lions84 on April 11, 2014, 12:47:16 pm
As long as the Mayflower sails in the same District as HA they will have their ship dashed upon the rocks.
That's true for just about anybody.

Hogwild#9

Word is Langrell was offered the job. Floyd should have got the job.... Not 100% sure but that is the word as of now

Bluepanther86

Well my son plays for Greenbrier and as of now, he's been there everyday except Friday last week. But Langrell's son says they aren't leaving? But who knows money talks and so does being a Head Coach.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on April 16, 2014, 07:42:41 pm
Well my son plays for Greenbrier and as of now, he's been there everyday except Friday last week. But Langrell's son says they aren't leaving? But who knows money talks and so does being a Head Coach.
You are 100% correct with being a head coach talks!!

jr17

I'm sure langrel wouldn't want it to get out of his potential leaving until it was 100%. I agree hogwild Floyd is more than deserving of the job

Bluepanther86

Langrell receives job if board approves tonight. Coach Langrell announced it to the Greenbrier Football team today.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on April 21, 2014, 03:57:14 pm
Langrell receives job if board approves tonight. Coach Langrell announced it to the Greenbrier Football team today.
Will he be a community guy panther? Most of community is upset Floyd did not get the job

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on April 21, 2014, 11:25:51 pm
Quote from: Bluepanther86 on April 21, 2014, 03:57:14 pm
Will he be a community guy panther? Most of community is upset Floyd did not get the job
it has been my experience that most of the time the community is wrong.

Hogwild#9

It's official. Todd Langrel is the new captain of the ship at Mayflower! Best of luck to him.

Bluepanther86

Mayflower will be Mayflower, Langrell gives this team the best chance of winning. He's smarter than davis ever was probably, he has put two Quarterbacks in college one D1 and his offense alone has been one of the best in the state. He is a hard coach that puts discipline first and mentally prepares his players for the game.

3ADude

I wish Langrell the best at Mayflower, but taking shots at Davis will not endear him to a communitity that already wanted someone else (Floyd).  Coach Davis was a very smart coach and I doubt that Langrell or Floyd or any other coach will surpass the offensive numbers that Davis put up.  Jed Davis did more off the field for these young men than any other coach in Arkansas (or anywhere probably ) will ever do.  They will all be better husbands, fathers and citizens due to the influence of Coach Davis.  Once again, I wish Coach Langrell all the best and I hope he wins a state title at Mayflower but he will be no Jed Davis and I would hate to follow behind him.

Hogwild#9

Quote from: Bluepanther86 on April 22, 2014, 05:04:38 pm
Mayflower will be Mayflower, Langrell gives this team the best chance of winning. He's smarter than davis ever was probably, he has put two Quarterbacks in college one D1 and his offense alone has been one of the best in the state. He is a hard coach that puts discipline first and mentally prepares his players for the game.
Not sure I would call him smarter then Davis. Also I would hope he can put Neal Burcham at a D1 school. He won the Elite QB competition on ESPN... If you can't put him at the next level you should not be coaching. Like 3A Dude said Davis did more for his players then a W ever did. 30 years from now those players won't be talking about a game they won or lost, they will be talking about all the fun they had off of the football field  with each other and all the bonding activities Davis had. Davis did as well as he could with the talent he had.

Bluepanther86

I agree coach Davis did amazing things with the kids at Mayflower but from a parent whose kid went to Mayflower Davis had his favorites and if you didn't agree with his game plan or anything then you were gonna be forever in the dog house. Coach Davis is a very smart coach, but what you all forget is that Langrell put Herb Grigsby in college and several others. He was at Mayflower before Davis, he's going back home. Davis might take more time teaching these young guys how to act but I don't agree that he was the smartest coach or smarter than langrell. Knowing first hand experience from both coaches I would give Langrell the lead before Davis, Langrell ran the G-town offense for several years and ran Mayflowers offense for several years. Langrell knows the spread better than anyone around the 501. I wish Langrell the best of luck, I'm not trying to bash on Davis but I have known both coaches very well, and from my view langrell is a better coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas