• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover Bucks 2014

Started by loyal fan, January 27, 2014, 08:32:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

loyal fan

KOJACK

I'm sure their fans will tell you how great they are gonna be. ;D

adaptedtigerfan

beaverfan007

hope there able to stop the run

Hootie

They're busy winning super bowls. Come back later.  ;D

Basket Buck

only losing 3 seniors. should be better this year. first game is against junction city..

crmorrow24

Quote from: Basket Buck on January 28, 2014, 01:03:34 pm
only losing 3 seniors. should be better this year. first game is against junction city..
0-1

SuperTurfMonkey

loyal fan

How is football offseason going in smack town?  Just trying to livin up board

loyal fan

Quote from: loyal fan on February 20, 2014, 08:54:42 am
How is football offseason going in smack town?  Just trying to livin up board

KOJACK

If Norphlet's joining the party I'm sure its going great.

BUCK FEVER

April 16, 2014, 08:33:09 pm #11 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:22:30 pm by BUCK FEVER
You can look for 2 straight conf titles and another trip to the final 4...............nuf-ced.

as far as opening with 'junction city "........this is not the same BUckaroo team that JC was use to walking on a few years ago................this will be a UNION COUNTY WAR.

KOJACK

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 16, 2014, 08:33:09 pm
You can look for 2 straight conf titles and another trip to the final 4...............nuf-ced.

as far as opening with 'junction city "........this is not the same BUckaroo team that JC was use to walking on a few years ago................this will be a UNION COUNTY WAR.
And the madness begins...

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on April 17, 2014, 07:56:55 am

And the madness begins...

Lol Kojack!!  :D

Oahubuck

When does junction city and smackover play? And where will the game be held at?

THA TRUTH

Not sure of date but it's the first week of season and will be played in jc I saw both teams last year and honestly jc would've won by 20 and it's the same teams pretty much

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 21, 2014, 11:50:23 pm
Not sure of date but it's the first week of season and will be played in jc I saw both teams last year and honestly jc would've won by 20 and it's the same teams pretty much
so the line is 20? i'll take 100 on smackover.

Dr. Defense

Yeah I'll still go with 0-1

OLDSCHOOL82

loyal fan

Who is fall favorite in bucks league?

BUCK FEVER

Dragons win streak ends at 27..........................SMACK 28 JC 20

THA TRUTH

It's gonna be an exciting week leading up to it and game for atleast the first half the jc will take over

Hawgeye

Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 21, 2014, 11:50:23 pm

I recall someone from Smackover saying their teams scrimmaged one another last year or the year before? I think then Smackover held their own and may have come out on top.

Smackover should have pretty good numbers this coming season, not including what they get from Norphlet.

Will probably be a very good game to start the season.

THA TRUTH

That was two years ago when jc was breaking in a new offense

BUCK FEVER

Junction city reeled off 13 straight and another state championship with that new offense.............................Smackover dominated that scrimmage 24-6.

THA TRUTH

Yea after they got in sink after week two against rison they had been practicing that offense for only two weeks by the scrimmage and in the 1 quarter scrimmage smackover won by 8

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 22, 2014, 08:55:59 pm
Yea after they got in sink after week two against rison they had been practicing that offense for only two weeks by the scrimmage and in the 1 quarter scrimmage smackover won by 8

Yep, I witnessed the new offense had not jelled...............wonder why the def gave up 24 to Smack ?

THA TRUTH

Congrats living off a scrimmage when I played we beat Nashville by two score but I'm not ignorant enough to say we would beat them in a real game

HorseFeathers

Are we really using a scrimmage from 2 years ago to compare the two teams that will play this fall? Really?

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: HF on April 24, 2014, 12:49:24 am
Are we really using a scrimmage from 2 years ago to compare the two teams that will play this fall? Really?

not much else to hang your hat on................other than the comment about last years jc team would have beat Smack by 20, but of course they did not play.

KOJACK

Smackover will be as loaded as anybody in 3A. They normally are. The question is will they be able to overcome a little adversity? They haven't in the past...

THA TRUTH

I just don't know what kinda threat they will have offensively after the Clark to jones attack

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 24, 2014, 05:18:29 pm
I just don't know what kinda threat they will have offensively after the Clark to jones attack

Then you know nothing about them......

BUCK FEVER

April 24, 2014, 08:11:20 pm #33 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:15:27 pm by BUCK FEVER
News artical today all but confirmed that it is a done deal with the Smackover/Norphlet merger.........everyone is in agreement, the state board will vote (and pass it) on may 6th...........

Norphlet will officially become part of the smackover S.D. on july 1 st.....................senior high football players will be allowed to participate this season...........norphlet jr high football will remain in norphlet this year , then joining the jr bucks in 15\16........................Smackover is loaded at the skill positions, hopefully the leopards will bring some big ole oil field lineman......................any quality depth at any position always helps these small schools...........smackover will remain in 3a........ INSTEAD OF BEING ONE OF THE SMALLER 3A SCHOOLS THEY WILL BE ONE OF THE LARGEST 3A SCHOOLS..........GO bucks.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 24, 2014, 07:57:35 pm

Then enlighten us me buck fever

BUCK FEVER

April 24, 2014, 09:54:30 pm #35 Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:57:25 pm by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 24, 2014, 08:36:42 pm
Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 24, 2014, 07:57:35 pm

Then enlighten us me buck fever

enlighten you that the bucks are more than a 2 man show ?..............ok,
besides
L. Clark and J. Jones

lb's-backs-recievers
D.Jones
K. Purifoy
Elmo Hempstead
T.Eppinett
W.Manning
C. Davis

returning sr, lineman
Brant
Bussell
Loggins

incoming sophs to watch
Bo Burson
M. Edwards

those are a few that comes to mind, I am sure I left some off................
also you can probably add a few from Norphlet if you like.

2-man show ? Hardly my friend.

as good as Clark to J.Jones is............they are only as good as the ground game will allow them to be, Smackover will be as balanced as anyone you play this year.

THA TRUTH

I watched two games this year and wasn't to impressed especially against fouke  a 28-14 to what was supposed to be a far more inferior team and also season highlight video and it was filled with kevante lowery Fabian sims and Jordan jones pretty much on all plays so forgive me when these other players don't make highlight worthy plays which smackover will need seeing as to how the lost two of the three I named

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 24, 2014, 08:11:20 pm
News artical today all but confirmed that it is a done deal with the Smackover/Norphlet merger.........everyone is in agreement, the state board will vote (and pass it) on may 6th...........

Norphlet will officially become part of the smackover S.D. on july 1 st.....................senior high football players will be allowed to participate this season...........norphlet jr high football will remain in norphlet this year , then joining the jr bucks in 15\16........................Smackover is loaded at the skill positions, hopefully the leopards will bring some big ole oil field lineman......................any quality depth at any position always helps these small schools...........smackover will remain in 3a........ INSTEAD OF BEING ONE OF THE SMALLER 3A SCHOOLS THEY WILL BE ONE OF THE LARGEST 3A SCHOOLS..........GO bucks.

Just going off of the numbers for next cycle...Smackover will be the largest 3A school...

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 24, 2014, 10:18:13 pm
I watched two games this year and wasn't to impressed especially against fouke  a 28-14 to what was supposed to be a far more inferior team and also season highlight video and it was filled with kevante lowery Fabian sims and Jordan jones pretty much on all plays so forgive me when these other players don't make highlight worthy plays which smackover will need seeing as to how the lost two of the three I named
+++

well  great,  can't fool you, looks like you have already won the game,.............see ya in sept .

Iron Owl

I'm sure McGehee will beg to differ with you Sir.  It will lose 3 in a row to the Owls... Who gave you the conference title last year when they forgot to show up to play Fordyce.... Jus saying...

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Iron Owl on April 25, 2014, 01:09:40 am

I'm sure McGehee will beg to differ with you Sir.  It will lose 3 in a row to the Owls... Who gave you the conference title last year when they forgot to show up to play Fordyce.... Jus saying...

Bless your little heart, so sorry you forgot to show up against the bugs and lost too many to win the title........thats the reason we play the whole schedule .........jus saying.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 24, 2014, 11:18:38 pm
+++

well  great,  can't fool you, looks like you have already won the game,.............see ya in sept .

I've been around good teams my whole life and know one when I see one smack is just not as good I'm ready to see what u got to say after a week 1 loss of more than 20

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 25, 2014, 05:29:50 am

Bless your little heart, so sorry you forgot to show up against the bugs and lost too many to win the title........thats the reason we play the whole schedule .........jus saying.
went to my first game in smackover this past year. everyone i met was very friendly. i'm so glad i didn't get to meet you.

BUCK FEVER

April 25, 2014, 11:29:19 am #43 Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 11:33:06 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 25, 2014, 11:18:38 am
+++

I've been around good teams my whole life and know one when I see one smack is just not as good I'm ready to see what u got to say after a week 1 loss of more than 20

your whole life ? all 21 years of it ?..................don't worry, you will not run me off, I will be right  here after week 1 for you to rub my nose in it. ;)

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on April 25, 2014, 11:25:53 am

went to my first game in smackover this past year. everyone i met was very friendly. i'm so glad i didn't get to meet you.

LOL, yep that would have sucked, you would have lost that visual image of something evil and  devilish forever, just wouldn't have ever been as much fun after that.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 25, 2014, 11:37:53 am
Quote from: Oldman on April 25, 2014, 11:25:53 am

LOL, yep that would have sucked, you would have lost that visual image of something evil and  devilish forever, just wouldn't have ever been as much fun after that.
lol you know it.

Iron Owl

indeed you are right Mr. fever.  I make no excuses... Like you, I would take a championship anyway we can get.  I'm looking forward to a good season for the Owls.  I'm sure the targets will be on our backs again going into next season.  We are everyone's "big game". But hey, I like the pressure...

THA TRUTH

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on April 25, 2014, 11:29:19 am
Quote from: THA TRUTH on April 25, 2014, 11:18:38 am
+++

your whole life ? all 21 years of it ?..................don't worry, you will not run me off, I will be right  here after week 1 for you to rub my nose in it. ;)

Oh I don't want to run u off people like u are the best part about this board

BUCK FEVER

coach steel to join Buckaroo staff this season........... coach Stricklands news link about the newcomers.

http://wehco.olivesoftware.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=RWxETlRpbWVzLzIwMTQvMDYvMDUjQXIwMDkwNQ%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

Hawgeye

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on June 06, 2014, 08:41:12 pm
coach steel to join Buckaroo staff this season........... coach Stricklands news link about the newcomers.

http://wehco.olivesoftware.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=RWxETlRpbWVzLzIwMTQvMDYvMDUjQXIwMDkwNQ%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

I remember when Steele went to Norphlet. He coached at an Illinois football power, Morris.

If Strickland is smart, he will let Steele control the defense.

Norphlet sending kids and coaches could be great for Smackover. Would 14 or 15 kids put Smackovers numbers around 45 or 50 kids? Is Norphlet sending any talent?

Hopefully things work out and all the Leopards will get a fair shake at things when fall rolls around. I'm sure this will be hard for some of the old timers there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas