• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All State

Started by adaptedtigerfan, January 13, 2014, 07:32:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

adaptedtigerfan

Is there an All State list?

knightpride

posted on AAA web site.

Wheels

Wheels

Any thoughts on the 5-3A All-state selelctions?

Chad Arnold Centerpoint
Chase Beebe Centerpoint
Cole Murray Fountain Lake
Carlos Burton Glen Rose
Austin Kehner Glen Rose
Drake Lackey Glen Rose
Zach Langford Glen Rose
Tyler Green Two Rivers

WPWells

I feel like Pittman from Charleston was deserving as well

adaptedtigerfan

I don't understand all I need to know about that.... GR had 4 All State players...  That is more than any other school.....  Why is that?

ATU

Remember Glen Rose had the coach of the year.

Wheels

I would have to say three of the four are deserving. Just don't get the Kehner selection!?!?!? 

ATU

Quote from: Wheels on January 15, 2014, 04:44:58 pm
I would have to say three of the four are deserving. Just don't get the Kehner selection!?!?!?
Like i said his dad was coach of the year and voted for his son.

DeeGee

I think the GR boys were deserving. Kehner played good all year. If your gonna base him off his actions at State You Gotta Make That 2 Sided And Base The Charleston boys for their behavior as well. Both teams had terrible Sportsmanship. It was a 2 way street the whole game. Other than that he played great. I say if anyone wants to judge any player from the state game than both teams acted a fool and both should be called out on it.

WPWells

Three points I'd like to make

1. "Playing good all year" doesn't necessarily constitute all-state good. I think this was the point they were making rather than basing it off of the state championship game
2. Glen Rose got four players. Charleston got three. Which team was better? And ask Glen Rose if they thought that Pittman for Charleston was deserving of all-state honors
3. No one from Charleston attacked a referee. None of the Charleston players who got all-state were guilty of anything either

DeeGee

I'm not saying your wrong. My point was that he "played good" all year. His actions at state, uncalled for and wrong. Yes my son and both agree Pittman should have all state honors. There's several from this conference that should have. Haven't a clue why 4 from GR. The other 3 I think are very deserving.

OLDSCHOOL82

What was pittmans stats on the season?

Jacketman65

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 15, 2014, 09:06:45 pm

1. "Playing good all year" doesn't necessarily constitute all-state good. I think this was the point they were making rather than basing it off of the state championship game
2. Glen Rose got four players. Charleston got three. Which team was better? And ask Glen Rose if they thought that Pittman for Charleston was deserving of all-state honors
3. No one from Charleston attacked a referee. None of the Charleston players who got all-state were guilty of anything either
You go 12th Man and +1.  Personally, I'm sick and tired of all of this GR "Talk" about how red neck their kids are. Time to move on!  One red neck can not defend another red neck so to speak.

DeeGee

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 15, 2014, 10:00:04 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 15, 2014, 09:06:45 pm

You go 12th Man and +1.  Personally, I'm sick and tired of all of this GR "Talk" about how red neck their kids are. Time to move on!  One red neck can not defend another red neck so to speak.

Are you calling me a redneck??? Seriously? First of all I don't live in GR. And second you know nothing about me. I'm far from a redneck and please take just a moment to grow up. Know some facts before you try throwing blows cause you just look ridiculous now. Bless your heart. And btw, just to inform you 12th Man and I  are friends. We support different teams yes, but we get along just fine.

adaptedtigerfan

Can someone call a ring girl???   I got the sign....

ROUND 2

I thought we were over the state game?

DeeGee

Why it can't be a ring guy? Lol
Yes I'm pretty sure we are over state and congrats again to you tigers.

Wheels

January 16, 2014, 09:34:47 am #17 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:37:06 am by Wheels
Lets first say I'm not Beaver bashing.

My point was, in my opinion, All-Conference and All-State selections should be based on the players body of work. Players should earn it base on their production on the field. Not because of who you know, your the head coaches son or you play in a State Championship game.

On paper I can give you 6 players including another Glen Rose player whose overall body of work by far succeeds that of Kehner (687 Rushing YDS 12 TDS). I'm not bashing the kid. He's a good football player but I feel there was other players in the 5-3A conference far more deserving.

#35 Caleb Lisenbey Sr. (Two Rivers) - 197 Tackles, 11 Sacks and 18 TFL
#3 Colby Spoon Jr. (Fountain Lake)  - 1000+ Rushing YDS 12 TDS  95 Tackles
#33 Nic Johnson Sr. (BHG)  - 900+ Rushing YDS 12 TDS  and 55 Tackles  5 Sacks  10+TFL
#5 Gary Morrison Sr. (Two Rivers) - 62 Rec 900+ Rec YDS 12 TDS
#28 Chase Lybrand Sr. (Centerpoint) - 53 Rec 900+ YDS 12 TDS
#5 Kyle Peterson Sr. (Glen Rose) - 100+ Tackles and 42 Rec 600+ YDS 9 TDS

Also if I'm not mistaken all voting on All-conference and All-state selections are done prior to the state playoffs and cannot be announced until after all state championship games are played.

Wheels

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on January 15, 2014, 09:39:25 pm
What was pittmans stats on the season?

Pittman rushing stats prior to Championship game. 800 yards and 16 TDs

WPWells

Plus some catching the ball out of the backfield

DeeGee

Quote from: Wheels on January 16, 2014, 09:34:47 am
Lets first say I'm not Beaver bashing.

My point was, in my opinion, All-Conference and All-State selections should be based on the players body of work. Players should earn it base on their production on the field. Not because of who you know, your the head coaches son or you play in a State Championship game.

On paper I can give you 6 players including another Glen Rose player whose overall body of work by far succeeds that of Kehner (687 Rushing YDS 12 TDS). I'm not bashing the kid. He's a good football player but I feel there was other players in the 5-3A conference far more deserving.

#35 Caleb Lisenbey Sr. (Two Rivers) - 197 Tackles, 11 Sacks and 18 TFL
#3 Colby Spoon Jr. (Fountain Lake)  - 1000+ Rushing YDS 12 TDS  95 Tackles
#33 Nic Johnson Sr. (BHG)  - 900+ Rushing YDS 12 TDS  and 55 Tackles  5 Sacks  10+TFL
#5 Gary Morrison Sr. (Two Rivers) - 62 Rec 900+ Rec YDS 12 TDS
#28 Chase Lybrand Sr. (Centerpoint) - 53 Rec 900+ YDS 12 TDS
#5 Kyle Peterson Sr. (Glen Rose) - 100+ Tackles and 42 Rec 600+ YDS 9 TDS

Also if I'm not mistaken all voting on All-conference and All-state selections are done prior to the state playoffs and cannot be announced until after all state championship games are played.

I agree totally. If you look at my earlier post you will see I said there are others more deserving. To be totally honest I think Petersen from GR should have got that spot over Kehner. But they made their choices and all we can do is live with it. But congrats to all who made All-State. Job well done.

knightpride

Good point Wheels!!!!!!! Stats say a lot and some of the boys you have listed that did not get All State honors were standouts on their teams! Good kids too! I think GR got 4 last year too and FL got 4 last year and I personally thought there were a few on other teams last year deserving.  I was glad to see CP getting a couple spots!  Good year for them.  Wish it could be changed to 10 per conference. Congrats to all of the All State players and the ones mentioned in Wheels comment that deserve recognition for their contributions and representing their schools with good character and sportsmanship on the field!             

ATU

Pittman had like 850 yards rushing and maybe 12 to 15 TDS.On 90 carries and over 900 yards catching the ball out of the back field and like 15 tds plus 1 90 yard kick off return for a td.

WPWells

1800 all-purpose yards, 30 touchdowns, and doesn't get all-state. Makes sense

TigerDog

Pittman stats:

Rushing 94 carries 875 yards 9.31 yards per carry 15 rush td's
Receiving 69 catches 909 yards 8 td's
Return Yards 7 for 237 yards 1 td 34.1 avg.

2021 all purpose yards

Thx for the nice posts. Austin had fun this year. all of the Allstate selections that I saw are very deserving.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas