• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some encouraging words from my son, a GR player

Started by DeeGee, December 31, 2013, 12:24:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeGee

December 31, 2013, 12:24:15 am Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:40:29 am by DeeGoldie
My son posted this on his Instagram tonight and honestly made me cry. I think all players, coaches, fans and anone involved in sports should read. He's such a motivator and really never negative. Sorry to start a post about it but it really touched my heart. Here's what he posted:

Defeat is a state of mind, no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality. To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary, and it's punishment is but an urge for me to greater my effort to achieve my goal. Defeat simply tells me that something is wrong in my doing; it is a path leading to success and truth.

Though we may have lost the fight guys we gained a lot of knowledge on our mistakes. Let's turn this defeat into a lesson learned and how to make ourselves even better than before. Hold your heads high and know we made it to where a lot of teams didn't come close to. Losing sucks, but I look at more what I gained as an individual, as an athlete.... Sometimes in losing you learn a lot. Keep your heads held high Beavers!!! I love each and everyone of you as my own blood. Don't dwell on that lost, it's in the past, it's over. Learn from your mistakes and turn them into positives. Remember we are Beaver Nation!!! And we ourselves have to represent what that means. Much love from G Man#9!! Btw, hope y'all know they gonna drill the heck outta us in spring and summer training so start getting prepared now!! Lol !! Congrats Tigers!! Well done!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. Hope it shows that not all GR players are bad and some have morals and respect. Just thought i'd take a minute and let y'all read what a 17 yr old wrote to the rest of his team.

Hogwild#9

DeeGee

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on December 31, 2013, 04:26:06 am
Actions speak louder then words...

Yes they do. And my son has very good actions and you did not see him act a fool at not one game since he started playing football in 6th grade. I was just trying to prove that not all GR players are unsportsmanlike and have bad actions. He acknowledged their mistakes and ask them to improve on them. I posted this cause I'm proud of him for being the bigger person. No need to be hateful.

KOJACK

WCD

DeeGoldie,

It's too bad that some people cannot accept what your son wrote. HA palayed GR in the 2012 championship game and I have respect for the team. One of two players who make bad decisions don't make a team bad. I for one was pleased to read your son's comments today! It speaks highly of him. You have a lot to be proud of. Tell him that WCD is proud of his admonition to his team to raise their game individually and collectively.

Again, thanks for the post. It was well worth my time to read it!

WCD:-)

DeeGee

Quote from: WCD on December 31, 2013, 12:35:17 pm
DeeGoldie,

It's too bad that some people cannot accept what your son wrote. HA palayed GR in the 2012 championship game and I have respect for the team. One of two players who make bad decisions don't make a team bad. I for one was pleased to read your son's comments today! It speaks highly of him. You have a lot to be proud of. Tell him that WCD is proud of his admonition to his team to raise their game individually and collectively.

Again, thanks for the post. It was well worth my time to read it!

Thank you very much. He is a very respectful young man and has a lot of heart for his team and a whole lot of love for football. He posted that on his Instagram with their runner up picture. He always has something motivating to say and a prayer with the team before every game. And on game day always post something similar to this for his team mates.
Again thanks for your very nice words and I will sure tell him.

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on December 31, 2013, 07:45:08 am
Sounds like a natural born leader to me...

Thank you much. He's a great kid. I'm pretty positive he will do great things in life.

Iron Owl

That was a great post.  Sounds like he wants to be a leader and motivator, and thats what builds champions.  I would stop worring about the championship, and any negative comments anyone had to say about anything that happened.  It was Charlston's year.  They had a very good team.  I look forward to getting a shot at them again next year.  The past is the past.  I am sure the Beavers will be in the mix to get to Little Rock again next year. 

snoopy22

That comes from good raising Dee!  Congrats to you both for an outstanding season and for having a winner for a son.

Idoknow

Quote from: Hogwild#9 on December 31, 2013, 04:26:06 am
Actions speak louder then words...
If you don't have anything good to say, then you don't need to respond!

DeeGee

Thank you all very much. I showed this and all the comments to my son and he says thanks y'all and he will continue to be a motivator, a leader and he said he will motivate a winning team before he graduates. Lol

You are all very kind thank you. :)

DeeGee

He said to post the link so that if you all want you can read the entire thing and the comments. Plus he has a few other pics on there with other motivations and videos. Ignore the ones of him acting a fool cause he's a very humorous kid!!

http://instagram.com/p/ikw1HDizWK/

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 31, 2013, 09:25:24 pm
He said to post the link so that if you all want you can read the entire thing and the comments. Plus he has a few other pics on there with other motivations and videos. Ignore the ones of him acting a fool cause he's a very humorous kid!!

Nice.  Too bad a big turd in the flower garden can overwhelm the aroma of the flowers.

DeeGee

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on January 01, 2014, 03:22:37 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 31, 2013, 09:25:24 pm

Nice.  Too bad a big turd in the flower garden can overwhelm the aroma of the flowers.

I'mnot sure Iif you are talking trash about my son or the team so not exactly sure how to respond. Either way if you don't like what's said go on to another thread and be rude. Smh at some folks!!!

I'm not exactly sure how im suppose to take that. Can'treally tell Iif you'retalking ccapabout the team or my son . Hmm.....
Either way if you don'tlike what he said you absolutely do not have to read or post about it.

WPWells

I believe he was complimenting your son and saying that it's a shame that some bad apples in the Glen Rose program give the whole team a bad name and you sometimes forget that some are good kids

DeeGee

Thank you 12th Man for clearing that up for me. I've been really bad sick and not thinking real clearly. Thank you all for your kind words. My son is truly a shining star even if it's not always on the field. Honestly I appreciate each and every one of you. You haven't a clue how amazing he is on and off that field. I couldn't be a more proud mom. I thank God everyday he don't act like a typical teenager and and go out acting up and getting in trouble. He has a good head on his shoulders. And his love for the game is out of this world. He is truly a blessing. He may be only 17 but can say things to and for his team that bring even their lowest days up. Honestly I thank you all and appreciate everything you've said. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hogwild#9

I'm glad your proud of your son but this isn't necessarily the place for moms to brag about how great and amazing their son is. I'm not being hateful either, just tired of hearing about how great your son is. Every mother thinks their child is the best thing since sliced bread.... If any mom were to be bragging on here it should be Ty Storeys lol

DeeGee

January 02, 2014, 01:24:07 am #17 Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 01:26:37 am by DeeGoldie
Quote from: Hogwild#9 on January 02, 2014, 12:28:50 am
I'm glad your proud of your son but this isn't necessarily the place for moms to brag about how great and amazing their son is. I'm not being hateful either, just tired of hearing about how great your son is. Every mother thinks their child is the best thing since sliced bread.... If any mom were to be bragging on here it should be Ty Storeys lol

No need to be rude. I'm bragging cause it takes a big man to turn a big defeat into a positive. Maybe you just mad cause your mom didn't give you them props. The way I see it a man stands taller from his knees. I have every right in the world to brag on the statement my son posted after getting a beating. Pretty sure it says a lot about his character.  If you tired of hearing about it there's a real simple solution, DON'T READ THE THREAD! There you go, problem solved. Have a good night sir. And don't start your New Year with such hatred. Today is the first day to fill your 365 page book for 2014, make it a good one!!

crmorrow24

+1

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 01, 2014, 06:54:50 pm
I believe he was complimenting your son and saying that it's a shame that some bad apples in the Glen Rose program give the whole team a bad name and you sometimes forget that some are good kids

^Correct.

WCD

January 02, 2014, 03:15:21 pm #20 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:43:11 pm by WCD
Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 02, 2014, 01:24:07 am

No need to be rude. I'm bragging cause it takes a big man to turn a big defeat into a positive. Maybe you just mad cause your mom didn't give you them props. The way I see it a man stands taller from his knees. I have every right in the world to brag on the statement my son posted after getting a beating. Pretty sure it says a lot about his character.  If you tired of hearing about it there's a real simple solution, DON'T READ THE THREAD! There you go, problem solved. Have a good night sir. And don't start your New Year with such hatred. Today is the first day to fill your 365 page book for 2014, make it a good one!!

DeeGoldie,
You go right ahead posting how proud you are of your son. This is an open forum and if someone doesn't want to read your comments they can skip them. You have every right to be proud of the young man. I for one appreciate the fact that you are building him up. There are TOO many parents who are not in their sons life so GO BIG and BE PROUD of your son.

DeeGee

Quote from: WCD on January 02, 2014, 03:15:21 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on January 02, 2014, 01:24:07 am

DeeGoldie,
You go right ahead posting how proud you are of your son. This is an open forum and if someone doesn't want to read your comments they can skip them. You have every right to be proud of the young man. I for one appreciate the fact that you are building him up. There are TOO many parents who are not in their sons life so be GO BIG and BE PROUD of your son.

Thank you very much

adaptedtigerfan

the green moose

The Moose has always thought Instagram was for little girls...oh well, its a strange world we live in now.

WPWells

I always agreed with that, Moose, but now I have one

DeeGee

Its not a girl thing. I'm pretty sure is mainly a teenager, young adult, kinda thing. I just keep up with my kids social networks because of crazy things that are happening these days. Just try my best everyday to protect my kids in every way.

the green moose

No no no...lets be honest here.... its a girl thing! And of course a Charleston fan has one  ;)

WPWells

I just happen to know that krik has one as well

the green moose

Dont be silly....we all know Krik is a little girl!!

DeeGee

Lol you guys are too funny. You all cracked me up!!!!  :D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: the green moose on January 04, 2014, 05:43:28 pm
The Moose has always thought Instagram was for little girls...oh well, its a strange world we live in now.

If it makes you feel better I work with a guy that has used instagram to score a date or two....

WPWells

I'll admit that on my Instagram I've been followed by more than my fair share of little girls

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 05, 2014, 12:27:47 am
I'll admit that on my Instagram I've been followed by more than my fair share of little girls

When does it stop being "followed" and become "stalked"? LoL

WPWells

When they like every picture I post within seconds of its posting (I only have 20 pictures on there and I've had it for six months

Lions84

DeeGee

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas