• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 top 10

Started by KOJACK, December 30, 2013, 09:42:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KOJACK

1. Booneville
2. Charleston
3-10. Does it really matter ::)

crmorrow24

1- Prescott

2-10 does it really matter.

adaptedtigerfan

1: Charleston
2: Booneville

ComeonKOJACK

OLDSCHOOL82

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL what makes you think Booneville will win... They loose Wayyyy more than Charleston does....

adaptedtigerfan

I got a feeling myself and OLDSCHOOL will become Besties by week 9 next year!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 30, 2013, 10:52:02 am
1: Charleston
2: Booneville

ComeonKOJACK
how many starters will charleston return? i know storey is coming back.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 30, 2013, 10:56:37 am
OLDSCHOOL what makes you think Booneville will win... They loose Wayyyy more than Charleston does....

Tell me who the cats lose that makes it Wayyyyy more than chuckytown?  I know who graduates and who is going to fill the positions with the cats.  If you tigger boys cant replace ward, shelby, and pittman then your 2014 season will resemble the 2012 season.

WPWells

Who will replace Harrell for the cats??

gitrdone

adaptedtigerfan

Who will replace both lines???

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 30, 2013, 02:37:39 pm
Who will replace both lines???

A couple will return.  A couple are a sure thing and the rest are whoever wants it the most. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 30, 2013, 10:56:37 am

What makes you think Chucktown will win?

adaptedtigerfan

Cause I'm always right.   You will learn.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 30, 2013, 03:00:37 pm
Cause I'm always right.   You will learn.

Ha.  Like i have said many times.  This isnt a scripted scrimmage anymore!  The almighty chuckytown tiggers will have a surprise in 2014.  Talk to some of the old timers in chucktown about playing booneville on friday nights.  You will get to witness it next yr.

OLDSCHOOL82

Heres the breakdown of the classes involved with the 2013 bearcats.  Not second string but what made up the main o and d.  A few never change positions but there are several who roll in and out. This does not take into effect special teams.   
14 Srs.  3 played o and d, 4 started on 1 side of the ball and rolled in on the other, 3 went 1 way only (2 were splits), and 4 were backups
19 Jrs.  2 played both o and d, 1 played o only, 2 played d and rolled in on off, 3 rolled in as needed.
9 Sophmores. No starters, 2 rolled in occasionally

Due to not playing but a few 4 qtr games everyone got a lot of playing time.  Much like charleston.  This was a very Jr laden team (19 of the 42 were jrs) which is great for next year and will more than likely spill over to another sr laden team with some jrs in the mix.  Alot can happen in a yrs time both good and bad!

KOJACK

I was hoping to start a thread that other schools(not Charleston and Booneville) would make their case...but evidently not. So I gues I will. P-Town is gonna be right in the mix again next year. Charleston is losing quality not quantity, and Booneville is gonna find out that 3A is gonna give them all they want. Prescott will be 5-3A conference champs next year and will battle with anybody in 3A. ;D

OLDSCHOOL82

Don't worry kojack.  Us booneville folk know there is good football in 3A.  Only ones we have a problem with is chuckytown.  They think they are the holy grail of all football.  They truthfull think they would of rolled us this year.

WPWells

I for one don't think we would've rolled y'all this year. I think it would've been a great game. Do I think we would've won?? Heck yes!! That's what homers are supposed to think. I don't think we would've rolled you though

ChucktownTigerFan

I do not see Booneville as a ranked team until they start winning games in the 3A. They come in at 0-0 against 3A teams.  Not saying Booneville is not good, just saying they are ranked last until they start winning. JMO. I do think Booneville will be in the top 5 when the season is over.  Good luck to the Bearcats next year. I am definitely looking forward to see a good game between Charleston and Booneville in the yrs to come.

adaptedtigerfan

I for one think we would have won also.... Rolled NO!!

OLDSCHOOL82

There's the football gods right there.  Like always we will be the underdogs in the eyes of chucktown.  That's perfect but think about that statement.  No wins against 3A!!  Drop down from 4A and state champs at that !  Awesome. Guess you boys will see come week 9!  For all you other 3A fans.  I'm sure you already know but if you didn't chucktown boys wake up and pee football excellence!  If you don't believe me just ask them.

ChucktownTigerFan

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 30, 2013, 07:57:08 pm
There's the football gods right there.  Like always we will be the underdogs in the eyes of chucktown.  That's perfect but think about that statement.  No wins against 3A!!  Drop down from 4A and state champs at that !  Awesome. Guess you boys will see come week 9!  For all you other 3A fans.  I'm sure you already know but if you didn't chucktown boys wake up and pee football excellence!  If you don't believe me just ask them.
Not what I said. Once again someone thinks they know everydamnthing. ok we can go back to 2010 and 2011 when you defeated FL .. ok there y'all are ranked #1 in every class.

OLDSCHOOL82

I never put a ranking on anyone as I more than likely never will.  We were down in 10 and 11 and that has nothing to do with now.  Wanna bring up the past? Ok,  what's the overall record of booneville vs charleston?  Dig that up.

ChucktownTigerFan

ok go back and think about what I said.. Booneville is 0-0 coming into the 3A. Which they are.. They did not play a 3A team in the 2013 season.  your the one spouting off. I never said the Charleston Football boys pee football excellence. They actually surprised me this year. I did not think they would win state this season. And honestly not sure they can do it next year. I see to many key positions being vacated and not sure who is going to fill them. However that is why they play they play the game and not just pick winners out of a hat. Anything could happen on any given Friday night.

OLDSCHOOL82

Funny!  Finally a logical thought!  That was too easy to get you a little stirred up and cussing.  It's only December and it's a long way till next season.  Yes anything can happen on any night no matter who is the better team.  Don't get used to us agreeing!  I know you didn't make the pee excellence statement, I did.  Anyways,  I keep trying to take off 7 or 8 months from FF but I keep getting pulled back in.  I don't think theirs enough storage in FF if we argue till week 9 next yr.

ChucktownTigerFan

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 30, 2013, 08:43:15 pm
Funny!  Finally a logical thought!  That was too easy to get you a little stirred up and cussing.  It's only December and it's a long way till next season.  Yes anything can happen on any night no matter who is the better team.  Don't get used to us agreeing!  I know you didn't make the pee excellence statement, I did.  Anyways,  I keep trying to take off 7 or 8 months from FF but I keep getting pulled back in.  I don't think theirs enough storage in FF if we argue till week 9 next yr.
I for one will be extremely excited to see a couple of new teams during conf play next season. I mean we got Danville, but really? Paris has its good years sure, always liked Lamar.. during basketball. Lavaca and Cedarville just are not football teams. Mansfield has gone down over the years. I would rather the game be tied at 14 late in the 4th qrt then a mercy rule.  Of course we are getting new pre-conf games this next year as well so that might be good as well. 

OLDSCHOOL82

Who are y'all's non conference?  We play ozark, Dardanelle, and AR Baptist.  The 3A class as a whole is full of very familiar territory as it is full of a lot of old opponents and some old rivals.  Will miss some of the matchups in 4A.  Maumelle moved up, Pottsville was a good one due to their coach being a booneville boy and I bet they move up eventually.  Some great playoff rivals will be missed as well. There are a whole lot of towns in the 3A that will be brand new if we meet up in the playoffs.

Iron Owl

Quote from: KOJACK on December 30, 2013, 07:29:14 pm
I was hoping to start a thread that other schools(not Charleston and Booneville) would make their case...but evidently not. So I gues I will. P-Town is gonna be right in the mix again next year. Charleston is losing quality not quantity, and Booneville is gonna find out that 3A is gonna give them all they want. Prescott will be 5-3A conference champs next year and will battle with anybody in 3A. ;D
That would mean the fans of the current state champions would have to come back down to earth a little.  Doesnt look like that is going to happen until about a year from now.  Guess we should just cancel the season and just let Boonville and Charleston go straight to week 9 and settle it all....

adaptedtigerfan

I wouldn't put anything past McGehee... Other than Harding McGehee was the best team we faced...  And that's snr was closer than it should have been...  I was impressed with the Owls tho.

OLDSCHOOL82

December 31, 2013, 08:14:37 am #30 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:32:41 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Quote from: Iron Owl on December 30, 2013, 09:12:50 pm
That would mean the fans of the current state champions would have to come back down to earth a little.  Doesnt look like that is going to happen until about a year from now.  Guess we should just cancel the season and just let Boonville and Charleston go straight to week 9 and settle it all....

Now now iron owl.  I never said anything about booneville winning it all. This is just some smack talk between the tiggers and us and the matchup next year.  See, we have been having  a state championship scrimmage against one another for 15yrs or so.  Just wait till next season rolls around.  The threads between us could get down right nasty.  Chucktown and booneville are only 15 minutes apart and 1/2 the community know each other and the other 1/2 are related.  Makes for an interesting rivalry.  Much like our old rivalry with paris.  We will try and keep our arguments private if that would help you out.

WCD

That same bravado was spoken of Osceola when then came down from the 4A to the 3A. There were the team to beat. You can see where they ended up this year.

Booneville is just another football team in the 3A next year. As for Charleston, they are the team to beat next year and they should be #1 until they get beat. As I said before and will say again, it is harder to win back to back state championships.

CHS has the bragging rights but the Bullseye is much bigger on the back of their jerseys now!

Banter all you want, that's the fiun thing to do now and Booneville will be welcomed to the 3A. It's a long way until next December playoffs. A lot can happen between now and then. In the meantime, congrats to CHS for winning!

WCD:-)

cdelaney

Kojack- I don't know much about the rest of the current 5-3A except Glen Rose; I know Prescott will be better, not losing much; ECS should be good, losing QB and a couple of good linemen but will have a strong senior class. What do you know about the other schools. I won't worry about Charleston and Booneville until I have to!

Iron Owl

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 31, 2013, 08:14:37 am
Quote from: Iron Owl on December 30, 2013, 09:12:50 pm

Now now iron owl.  I never said anything about booneville winning it all. This is just some smack talk between the tiggers and us and the matchup next year.  See, we have been having  a state championship scrimmage against one another for 15yrs or so.  Just wait till next season rolls around.  The threads between us could get down right nasty.  Chucktown and booneville are only 15 minutes apart and 1/2 the community know each other and the other 1/2 are related.  Makes for an interesting rivalry.  Much like our old rivalry with paris.  We will try and keep our arguments private if that would help you out.
Lol offense here...I do understand that yall have had a deep seated rivalry.  I am a little bit jealous to honest with...  I am past ready to see the Owls back in the mix for a ring, and be able to gloat myself.  Yall had a heck of a run this year... a perfect season to be exact...and you deserve bragging rights...  I would do the same.  It will be interesting to reading the smack between yall and Charlston for sure.  They had a perfect season as well...I was very impressed how they adapted to do what they needed to do to beat us.

Iron Owl

Hey OS82,  Just out of curiosity, what kind of Offense do yall run?  I missed the day yall were featured in the paper.  I heard you run a power run game with a huge line.  I am old school enough, that I am a fan of a power running game.  That is all we will be in Owl country, win, lose or draw.  I was glad to see that two power teams, yall and Cabot, made it back to little rock.  I was starting to wonder if it was going to be done again. 

OLDSCHOOL82

December 31, 2013, 04:27:38 pm #35 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:20:06 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Most everything is based off the dead t.  Lots of single and double wings.  Some double tight but usually open t with a te and a split.  Pretty much the same ole booneville offense we have always ran.  Option and midline is the bread and butter as long as we have the qb and fb to run it properly.  If so it sets up the rest of the offense.  IMO you will never see the bulk of offenses come back under center like us but I am glad to see in all levels of football that teams are coming back to a balanced offense even in the shotgun.  I like power football with some passing when the defense sucks in and goes cover 0.  We never have huge lines but they are always quick, mean, and extremely strong.  Overall lb for lb I would put this yrs and next yrs team up against anyone when it comes to weightlifting.  Booneville and McGee has some ole rivalrys from back in the 80's!

Iron Owl

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 31, 2013, 04:27:38 pm
Most everything is based off the dead t.  Lots of single and double wings.  Some double tight but usually open t with a te and a split.  Pretty much the same ole booneville offense we have always ran.  Option and midline is the bread and butter as long as we have the qb and fb to run it properly.  If so it sets up the rest of the offense.  IMO you will never see the bulk of offenses come back under center like us but I am glad to see in all levels of football that teams are coming back to a balanced offense even in the shotgun.  I like power football with some passing when the defense sucks in and goes cover 0.  We never have huge lines but they are always quick, mean, and extremely strong.  Overall lb for lb I would put this yrs and next yrs team up against anyone when it comes to weightlifting.  Booneville and McGee has some ole rivalrys from back in the 80's!
Tradition runs deep in Boonville for sure.  Good games back in the 80's, which were good to the Owls under Coach Spence.   It was the ol' power I in those days.  We are hardcore wing T, and when you have all the elements, its very good.  We were limited in a few positions this year.  Will be interesting to see what changes may be made.  You can definetly see the programs that have a good weight program.  Hope to see yall somewhere down the line.  To be the best, you have to beat the best...So I will not say too much until we are able to make a deep run in the playoffs again. 

Curleywolf Fan

Prescott and Boonville have a lot of history playing each other in the semifinals of the playoffs through the years. In 1973 Prescott won 52 to 0. In 1975 Prescott won 21 to 0. In 1985 Boonville won 10 to 9 and in 1986 Boonville won 30 to 3.  There is a good chance we could meet again in the semifinals this year. Time will tell.

ATU

From what i have read on here and been told by one of the CHS coach's if Booneville and Chs finish 1-2 in CON.They would meet in the 3rd round.which i would think one should be on the other side of the bracket.

OLDSCHOOL82

1 and 2 go to opposite sides of the bracket always.  Unless the AAA is becoming more ignorant.

IndependentFootballFan

Charleston finished 1st in conference this year and Lamar finished 2nd, both of them were in the top part off the bracket...so they are not always on opposite sides!

Man of Steel

The wheels of the AAA are turning right now. Either they'll put the two predicted teams on one side and give an under dog a chance or they'll put them on opposite aides and see how good they really are. I've seen it both ways.

OLDSCHOOL82

January 01, 2014, 05:18:27 pm #42 Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 05:28:09 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Guess I need to look at all the classifications brackets and see were all they put the 1 and 2 on the same side.  That's just ignorant.  But then again so is our AAA.  Looks like the 3A was the only place they did that and the 1 and 2 could of met in the semis. 

Man of Steel

They have done it numerous times.

Hawgeye

Quote from: KOJACK on December 30, 2013, 09:42:21 am
1. Booneville
2. Charleston
3-10. Does it really matter ::)

I'd go...top 5

1. Charleston- champs until knocked off. Storey even better his senior year?
2. Booneville- where will they be placed in bracket? Can they take down Storey and Tigers?
3. Smackover- return a ton. Consolidation with Norphlet puts their numbers in 4A
4. Prescott- legit Semi final club. New conference. Hello Glen Rose!
5. McGehee- will challenge Smackover for league crown, but can they bring it every week?

Basket Buck

Smackover will start out playing the 2a state champions Junction City.. then play Gurdon.. glad to see us stepping up the non conference schedule.. last years non conference was a cake walk

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basket Buck on January 06, 2014, 06:00:42 pm
Smackover will start out playing the 2a state champions Junction City.. then play Gurdon.. glad to see us stepping up the non conference schedule.. last years non conference was a cake walk

the Hermitage and Western Yell games....might be insulting to a cake walk...lol

Basket Buck

lol yeah cake walk would be an under statement for those two haha

cdelaney

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 30, 2013, 07:57:08 pm
I keep seeing references to week 9, so I guess that is when Chuck and Boone play? How do you guys know the schedule already- is it posted somewhere? Thanks

adaptedtigerfan

Next year is already scheduled.... I'm sure ECS has their schedule also.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas