• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville vs Charleston 2014

Started by BEARCAT20, December 22, 2013, 12:33:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BEARCAT20

Can't help myself but start this thread early. Seems to me that this is going to be the biggest rivalry in the state!

OLDSCHOOL82

Let's just both enjoy the wins.  To early to start this bickering!

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 22, 2013, 12:44:46 am

Get out of here with your logical thinking, we're trying to argue here!

OLDSCHOOL82

Then cats by 28.  Goodnight till next August !

DeeGee

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on December 22, 2013, 12:47:49 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 22, 2013, 12:44:46 am

Get out of here with your logical thinking, we're trying to argue here!

lol too funny!!

Jalkuranis

Hmmmm, this is a toughy. I have experiences with both schools(we played Booneville before they jumped to 4A). I don't know who I want to win. Booneville was always a 49-0 loss for us. Horrible game... I can still remember getting hit so hard in the stomach off a pass that I went to the sideline and upchucked my lunch... However, with a new coach we improved, played Chucktown the next two years. Played them a decent game the first time (lost 28-7 with two of their scores coming off special teams errors) and then my senior year I was still recovering from an injury so I couldn't do much and lost 39-7.(If I remember correctly.) Now this is where it gets tricky... I befriended a Charleston alum BUT he is originally from Booneville.... Dang my head is swirling... Ummmm... Ima say Charleston by 3 in a nailbiter that I know I will be attending!

unleasheddad

I don't think it will be a bitter rivalry. Too many Charleston-Booneville connections. It may develop into a very exciting game though with two very good programs separated by only a few miles. Many of us here in Chucktown were cheering on the Bearcats in their march to the Championship this year and several Booneville fans were there supporting us as well. It should make for some good games to watch.

elmerfudd

What is Charleston losing? Obviously Story is back next year, but that's all I know.

WPWells

Shelby, Pittman, Burrows, Young, Walker, Ward, Conway, Johnson, Keener, and Taggart are the starters Charleston is losing

elmerfudd

How many of those guys played both ways?

WPWells

hoghelmet14

Well.... Go Eagles!... we get to play both of them..... the defending 3A Champs and the Reigning 4A Champs.... both for conference games!

Congrats to both teams..... that is why I said in another thread that 4-3A is the SEC of 3A Football!

KOJACK

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on December 22, 2013, 04:18:21 pm
Well.... Go Eagles!... we get to play both of them..... the defending 3A Champs and the Reigning 4A Champs.... both for conference games!

Congrats to both teams..... that is why I said in another thread that 4-3A is the SEC of 3A Football!
Not really. This year 1 good team, next year 2. More like the ACC

StopTheMBHate

Quote from: KOJACK on December 22, 2013, 06:30:51 pm

As compared to.....?

KOJACK

Quote from: StopTheMBHate on December 23, 2013, 11:09:59 am
Quote from: KOJACK on December 22, 2013, 06:30:51 pm

As compared to.....?
I'm not sure what your question is. Most conferences will have a couple of good teams at the top and then average throughout. Just like 4-3A, 5, 2 3, and 6.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm proud of you KOJACK ....  At least you threw in the 6..

KOJACK

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 23, 2013, 05:00:41 pm
I'm proud of you KOJACK ....  At least you threw in the 6..
It was hard to. I respect McGehee, but Smackover  ::)

nastynice

I just watched the scrimmage between Bville and Charstn that they had on 8-19-13. It's amazing how far they both came. It was a neat feeling knowing now that they both won their Championship!! I was at both games and these two teams were night and day better than in August. Everyone that has a chance needs to go back and watch it.

Next year will be for real though.

OLDSCHOOL82

Time to stir the pot a little before my official hiatus for awhile.  Over heard some chuckytown fans say they could of beat the 4A and 5A state champs and may have run in to trouble with the 6A state champs. That was fairly amusing.  I spent a qtr in the glen rose stands and that was real amusing!

HorseFeathers

calpreps.com...
Favors Booneville by a score of 31-21....
And Morrilton the favorite by a score of 31-28...
And Charleston a favorite over El Dorado by a score of 27-26

ATU

Quote from: HF on December 24, 2013, 10:23:58 am
calpreps.com...
The only team Chs would of had a chance to beat would had been Booneville and that would be hard to do this year.

Coach Jones

Really both teams shouldn't worry about anyone else in the conf next year.   ( evil laugh)

adaptedtigerfan

adaptedtigerfan

Everyone knows what charleston looses... What is Booneville loosing?

OLDSCHOOL82

December 24, 2013, 09:15:57 pm #24 Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:19:44 pm by OLDSCHOOL82
Offense: qb, center, guard, both tackles, ends
Defense: d ends, both tackles, lb, safety

BEARCATSRULE

Next yr will be a rude awakening for the Tigers .Surely you Tiger fans know we do not go all out on a scrimmage.

Truthfully

Signing off FF til next summer... Thanks for allowing us to share thoughts and ideas, Lanny.

I think B and C will be the top 2 teams in 4-3A for sure and, again, the likes of Paris, Lamar and perhaps Lavaca being in the middle and Two Rivers, Danville and Mansfield in last 3 spots. I will say that parity will again raise its head in 4-3A, making for some GREAT, close football games, outside the top 2 teams when they are played by the other six teams in the conference.

A lot can happen during the next 6-8 months with 'transfers' moving in, players improving some, Jr. High talent adding to the mix and coaching changes. Should be interesting for sure!!  Nice to have conversed with many of you this past year and thanks for the kind remarks and wishes for my health..

Truthfully  2013

adaptedtigerfan

Have a good start to 2014 Truthfully!!   I will talk to u around June.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ATU on December 24, 2013, 10:46:45 am
Quote from: HF on December 24, 2013, 10:23:58 am
calpreps.com...
The only team Chs would of had a chance to beat would had been Booneville and that would be hard to do this year.

Oh I know...just find calpreps.com's predictions interesting. Since they essentially break it down to a numbers game, and ignore obvious depth issues....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas