• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fair Weathered Fan

Started by WCD, December 21, 2013, 03:10:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WCD

Boys, seeing as I don't have a dog in the hunt and it is miserable outside and inside War Memorial, I think I'm going to listen to it on the radio.

Best wishes to both teams and my prediction is CHS 48  GR 21.

WCD ;D

ChucktownCPA

Good call, WCD. If Glen Rose had not missed 2 PATs and if Charleston had left their starters in, it is possible they would've scored another touchdown making your prediction right.

You were wrong on the weather, though. It stopped raining right before the game, probably because nearly everyone was decked out in rain gear and carrying umbrellas into the stadium (Murphy's Law ruled ;)).

As for the NUMEROUS discussion on this forum about the unsportsmanlike conduct on the part of both teams, especially GR, I must point out playing Harding Academy (compared to GR) was like day vs. night.  Our boys had no vendetta against HA and the game was a football game. Our boys did have something to prove against GR (after last years 3 point loss which led to GR playing your team in the 2012 championship) so the game was more of "slugfest". As a CHS fan, of course I think GR was the mostly the culprit but reading on FF, you would think CHS was just as bad.

That being said, our coach admitted to me the next day when I saw him that our boys were not 100% innocent so I am confident he will talk to any of our boys that may have perpetrated bad behavior. I just hope the GR coach is capable of doing the same but based on what I witnessed on the field that night, I am not holding my breath.

Both HA and CHS are returning a good quarterback and other players so I hope they meet again and I hope it is in the next state championship. There will certainly be less drama on FF if that happens....

Happy New Year to all on FF and may all teams have an injury free season in 2014! 

fbhound

Good info and I agree with your assessment.  Glad Charleston lived up to our expectations ( I am a Paris fan at heart ) and that Chucktown ran the table. Boy, NEXT year with Booneville being in our conference, something has got to give. At least the Charleston/Booneville game will be game #9, so the hype will be even more as we go through the Fall games in 4-3A...  Can't wait. Hope Paris returners can prevent those "close game" situations and low playoff points which cut us from #3 to #5 in the playoffs, just 5 points total. That's football and the rules.

WCD

It is disheartening to watch any sport where poor sportsmanship is demonstrated especially in high school athletics.

It starts at home learning strong moral character, playing by the rules and playing clean, hard sports. When there is no guidance at home then coaches, teachers and administrators have their hands full trying to teach them moral character. When coaches fail to control their players you tend to have flagrant penalties and unnecessary injuries.

IMO, players who have 2 personal penalties should be pulled out of the game by the coach. Any flagrant foul ( ie punch thrown should be ejected from game and two games. Any future fighting and he is removed from team.

WCD:-)

Lions84

Most Coach's will not do that because of the Pressure to win.

Jimbo Morphis

kids act like the fans and coaches regardless of what sport it is.

Lions84

Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2014, 10:58:57 am
kids act like the fans and coaches regardless of what sport it is.

That is just about the gospel truth.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas