• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston. Glen Rose. The Rock.

Started by blueberryrockstar, December 13, 2013, 09:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperTurfMonkey

He was probably mad at him getting ejected for what he did...but not for the who knows how many other penalties!!!

4AWhistler

When GR came to a summer team camp in Little Rock last summer, they exhibited bad attitudes then.  Now mind you, this camp was shoulder pads, helmets, and shorts and stand up tackles only, and they came out making full contact tackles.  Lots of trash talking from both players and coaches.

Mohawk 54

Samething at OBU this summer, fighting with Hot Springs. until Hot Springs 11 on the field wouldn't back down from them. They always push, shove and run that mouth on every play, scrimmage or game.

4AWhistler

Either this is a culture of GR or the coaching staff.  These kids are learning it somewhere, and there are teams like this all across the state.  Some of our future leaders are learning great 'life lessons'.

I watched the game on the link provided, and I saw unsportsmanlike like conduct on both sides, and on any given Friday night, you can see the same things that I saw on that broadcast.  At some point, the adults in the mix need to step up and do something.  Kids are most often a mirror of the environment they live in; their homes, churches, schools, neighborhoods, and towns. 

That's who is accountable.

footballfan-tastic

Anybody watching winning football teams at any level will see that aggression that many like to call unsportsmanlike.  Fact is football is a very aggressive game and the more aggressive teams win more often. I'm aware that some players do go overboard at times and tempers flare on occasion but I have seen plenty of unsportsmanlike play from lots of teams and coaches at times including some that their fans claim always take the high road. It's great to support your team but be open to reality, football is a tough game for tough folks. It's amazing how much better the kids that play act after the game than their fans do.rarely do you see kids not shake hands and congratulate each other after the battle is over.

chucktownboys

Agree football is an aggressive game with rules for safety, GR repeatedly hitting out of bounds and taking cheap shots is not aggressive football it's dirty, undisciplined, sloppy coaching and fans and coaches supporting such behavior is the problem. Same with a couple players trying to leave field before trophy presentation. At least 3 players from GR could have easily been ejected for your "aggressive" behavior. Just because no one was carted off with an injury doesn't make it right. Not all teams take getting it handed back to them well. Games over look forward to next season.

footballfan-tastic

Well since you broughtnitnup, there were seval unsportsmanlike flags thrown. A number of those on Charleston players and at least one for hitting late and out of bounds. There were also at least one thrown for a CT player shoving a GR player back on to the ground after a tackle as the CT player was getting up off the top of the GR player. While you are ejecting players add those two in as well. As for the two or three GR players that started to leave the field, you are correct in that being inappropriate. However you ignore the fact that the GR coaches demanded they come back and do the right thing. Is that any worse than CT coach out nearly to th hash on a couple of occasions to argue with officials?  Or maybe the "mercy rule" chant from the CT fans, yes that's sporting. Seems you like to view things from a very narrow perspective.  Lastly I already mentioned this but the CT kid who walked into a sideline discussion between GR coaches and a player on the GR sideline. Did so at least twice even when the coach tried to shield him from the huddle, another very sportsmanlike move.  And again you are correct, just because no one was injured doesn't make it right but neither does egging it on by mouthing and shoving after a play is over and CT did plenty of that as well. That's why they got those unsporstmanlike penalties.

adaptedtigerfan

I'm sure if you helmet yanked off and head butted in the face... And your head twisted by you face mask... And all the talk that goes along with it... I'm quite sure u would give a little extra shove or two after a tackle..  Charleston by no means are Choir boys but you can only take so much before you lash back out no matter how disciplined you are.

As for the shove after a tackle... He was dealt with after the game.

footballfan-tastic

Thanks for making my case. The very things that were said about GR players was also said about CT players. I saw the game,a nd saw plenty of that behavior on both sides. The earliest unsportmanlike penalties were thrown om CT. So who started what first?  I guess that mouthing and shoving means the "mercy rule" chant by your fans, many adults, is ok and sportsmanlike.  S you see there is plenty of stuff to go  around.

WPWells

I said I was done but you're being extremely ignorant. I've never claimed on here that Charleston was innocent. In fact I said the opposite. However, you're way off base with some of your accusations. Since when does a late hit warrant an ejection like you implied?? We were counting ejections for things such as targeting, flipping off the crowd, and shoving an official. Completely different. Also, the mercy rule chant was not sporting, but if you had any idea of the history between these two schools you'd understand. Glen Rose fans were some of the rudest fans the past two times they visited Charleston so Charleston fans decided to give them a taste of their own medicine. Charleston mercy ruled 10 opponents this year and Glen Rose was the only one where that chant happened. Seems to me like there would be a reason for that. Finally, the attack on our coach was completely unwarranted and frankly, quite off base. Meet the man before you attack him online. Greg Kendrick is one of the greatest men you will ever meet. He sponsors FCA at the high school and is an awesome example for all of his students, football players and otherwise. He is kind to everyone and just a joy to be around. He truly wants to not only make state championship football teams but also men who will succeed in the game of life. He has students tutor his football players who are struggling in classes because he wants to see them succeed. He implemented a no-cussing policy on the team with penalties if he ever heard one. You say that he wasn't sportsmanlike for being out on the field arguing calls. If you ever see a coach that goes a whole game without arguing with an official's call then I will show you a coach that is not doing his job. A coach's number one job is to defend his players and give them the best chance to succeed. If arguing a call makes you an unsportsmanlike person then I think anyone on here would be considered unsportsmanlike. I'll end this rant with a Bible verse "Do not remove the speck from your brother's eye without first removing the plank from your own"

12th Man out

adaptedtigerfan

1.... I'm not making your case... Only case u have is your a nut case...

2...  The early flags on Charleston were from playing physical..  When that happened GR didn't know what hit them and they resorted to their thuggish antics....

3...  I have kept pretty quiet about this whole ordeal... But GR was the worst case I've ever seen in any sporting event... I am totally surprised that there wasn't a Mich/OSU knockdown brawl...  And you know what they say...

$@-€ rolls downhill...  It all starts @ the top!! 

4... If I had a student that played under this staff my house would already be on the market after that embarrassment. 

footballfan-tastic

Your defense of CT is amusing. cT did as much early in the game to get the ball rolling as did GR. Once it started it was a mess by both teams. You guys just don't want to shoulder any blame. Oh, and mr bible verse, so GR was ugly to you at your place the last two times you met and lost
T. So this year show your rear because that makes it ok. I assume you must k ow the GR coaches or you wouldn't criticize them, since you admonish me for speaking out about Kendrick. He doesn't belong out at the hash. And the guy whines like a baby at every call. Of course that is just my opinion.  Must be true though because you know no more about GR coaches than I do about CT coaches.   
So your kids played really well, took some cheap shorts, got some unsportsmanlike penalties, ran their mouths, but it was all justified.  Take off your blinders. You where just thrilled to get a win over GR and your elation overwhelmed you.  Congrats to your boys on the win, but wake up and smell the coffee, lots of stuff goes on In a game, both sides of the ball. A handful of GR kids let their emotions get away from them, they were dealt with. A handful of CT kids showed their rear and I assume they were dealt with. Just stop acting like it wasn't mutual on both sides. 

adaptedtigerfan

Get over yourself guy...  Charleston acted NO WHERE close to the way GR acted....

ChucktownTigerFan

JMO.. the Mercy chant was because the cocky GR fans said it couldn't be done. Now that they are all embarrassed they come on here and make excuses and wanting to blame others. Was it a dirty game, yes it was. Would you expect less of a fight for the State Title? NO. If you want a nice clean game go watch a checkers match. Football is physical. Only thing better would have been if it had been a muddy sloppy mess. For those of you who wonder whats wrong with the world now days, its because everyone is so dang PC and is "you hurt my feeling" pansies. SO what if a few names are called, grow up and get over it. If a team loses, they shouldn't have put themselves in that position. The Team that wins wanted it more got it. So folks just need to pull up their big boy britches and get ready for next year. That goes to every team not just the final 2.

footballfan-tastic

December 30, 2013, 08:32:02 pm #414 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 08:36:37 pm by footballfan-tastic
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 30, 2013, 07:07:44 pm
Get over yourself guy...  Charleston acted NO WHERE close to the way GR acted....
Maybe not in the end of it, but they certainly share as much blame for it getting started. Now you want to condemn what you said earlier about t
Retaliating when you have had enough of someones mouthing. I agree you shouldn't let the trash talk get to you, but kids are kids.  And there is no excuse for the mercy rule chant, none. If there is no justification for the late hit than don't try to justify you transgressions.  Sunds to me like poor losers and poor winners.  This last portion got started by fans of the winning team whining about rough play.   LOL.  By the way you really hurt my feelings calling me ignorant, I may lose sleep tonight.  Enjoy your summer, your season next year will be here before you know it.

DeeGee

December 30, 2013, 09:05:38 pm #415 Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 09:55:59 pm by DeeGoldie
Geez guys the games way over. There were wrongs on both sides we get it. Charleston won the fight, congrats to them Glen Rose made it to the finals with a heck of a record congrats to them. It's done and over. We all that were there know the players who acted wrong. Can't change that now. Can't we just be happy both these teams fought their hardest to get there? They both played terrible at certain points of the game, no need for the excuses. Hope you all have a great new year!!!

Dwil

Tell them Dee, it's over and we all have are opinions. We are not going to change each others mind so lets just agree to disagree. Both teams had great years.

DeeGee

Quote from: Dwil on December 30, 2013, 09:35:39 pm
Tell them Dee, it's over and we all have are opinions. We are not going to change each others mind so lets just agree to disagree. Both teams had great years.
Lol thanks. Just see it pointless. None of us could've change a thing. It was up to the player and coaches on how they presented themselves. I say we just congratulate both for being the better teams to make it that far and a bigger congrats to the Tigers for the win. Hate that my team lost, 2yrs in a row :(
But it happens, it's football. Just Alabama, it only takes 1 second to bring down a giant. Anyway, hope you all had a great Christmas and have a great New Year!

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: Dwil on December 30, 2013, 09:35:39 pm
What is it they say about opinion?   Have a nice new year.

-Painted Fan-

And yet the last 5 posts saying to "let it go" have all been from Glen Rose fans.
Interesting.
Know what else is interesting?
This was the first time the Beavers have been Mercy Ruled since 2009 (Ashdown and Fountain Lake), and the worst loss in these players' career.
Yeah, I would want to move on as well.
But on a positive note- Happy New Year!

WCD

I have no dog in this fight and perhaps I should keep quiet but I thought that the game was over. I would guess that most of y'all commenting are grown men! This serves nothing for your sons.

I have been guilty as all of you and have tried to learn from my mistakes. Let me encourage each of you to move on to a "higher plane".

Peace to all and may you have a Happy New Year!

WCD:-)

DeeGee

December 31, 2013, 01:55:05 pm #421 Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 02:47:45 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 31, 2013, 10:38:17 am
And yet the last 5 posts saying to "let it go" have all been from Glen Rose fans.
Interesting.
Know what else is interesting?
This was the first time the Beavers have been Mercy Ruled since 2009 (Ashdown and Fountain Lake), and the worst loss in these players' career.
Yeah, I would want to move on as well.
But on a positive note- Happy New Year!

And this matters why? It don't! It happens to every team at some point in time. The only reason I say let it go cause if our children are big enough to move on and start preparing for next year, why can't the adults? Not gonna argue, not my style. Just saying move on already. Everybody goes on and on about GR fans when we win but look at y'all??? Kinda contridicting huh??

OLDSCHOOL82

Word of advice Dee.... Just quit posting.  The chucktown crew will not let it go I promise. 

DeeGee

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 31, 2013, 04:30:55 pm
Word of advice Dee.... Just quit posting.  The chucktown crew will not let it go I promise.

Gotcha :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas