• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston. Glen Rose. The Rock.

Started by blueberryrockstar, December 13, 2013, 09:53:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

blueberryrockstar

Charleston has a great gameplan for every team that they play who has a star running back. Hit them hard on every play whether they have the ball or not. Because then when they do have the ball, they won't want to run it very hard. It's like playing a mental game, unfortunately I haven't seen very many 3A athletes who are mentally strong enough to take it. Terrence Bobo didn't. Makin kid from Fountain Lake didn't. Espinoza at Lavaca didn't. Ozarks runningback about 4 years ago didn't. Both Foster brothers from Clarksville didn't. You may get some yards on your first drive running the ball, but you end up tired of getting hit and not wanting to run it again. And if you ask some people whom Charleston has beat this year, they actually might tell you that this is the best, if not then one of the best, 3A teams they have ever seen. Good luck Satursay night and best wishes on an injury free game.

True Fan

That sounds a lot like Glen Rose's philosophy. A game like this comes down to something really simple. Two teams who can dish it it out. The winning team will be the one that can take it, and still keep dishing it out.

I'm always impressed with Charleston's teams. I'd like to see Glen Rose come out on top. Looking forward to a great game.

Babetteward@gmail.com

Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 16, 2013, 11:57:17 am
Quote from: Babetteward@gmail.com on December 16, 2013, 11:08:53 am
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 14, 2013, 06:03:08 am
Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 14, 2013, 12:34:15 am
Glen rose won't come home empty handed there gonna run run  run keep the ball away from chs. I'm going with glen rose by 1 over Charleston

The Beavers won't come home empty handed.
The 2013 State Runner-Up trophy will look very nice sitting next to the 2012 State Runner-Up trophy
that's in the Glen Rose trophy case.

At least it wasn't 2012 ...3rd runner up. Oh thats right theres no trophy for that at all...lmbo..like winning miss Congeniality

In the words of Ricky Bobby "If you ain't first, you're last."

ATU

Well lets see in the last 9 years Charleston was state runner-up in 04.State champs in 05,08 and in 2011.Glen Rose was state champs in 07 and runner-up last year so in the last 9 years it's been a good run for both teams.Good luck and lets hope for a great game and good whether.

Razorbackfan07

Glen rose can take hits. That's what they live for.  They lift every day! Glen rose is stronger then charleston.

Xmulerider

WPWells

Because obviously no one except Glen Rose lifts every day

WPWells

Congratulations to Chance Shelby (who, of course, is a wide receiver for Charleston) for being named 3A offensive player of the year

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2013, 08:26:17 pm
Congratulations to Chance Shelby (who, of course, is a wide receiver for Charleston) for being named 3A offensive player of the year

And Congratulations for Coach Kehner from GR for getting 3A coach of the year!!

YC

I am really happy to see Chance receive this award. He is deserving of the honor.

His brother Jordan quarterbacked the 2008 Tiger team to a state championship and won the MVP of the championship game.

His brother Dustin quarterbacked the 2011 Tiger team to a state championship and won the MVP of the championship game.

There are some Tiger followers who believer (myself included) that given the opportunity Chance would have been just as good as and perhaps even better than his two brothers. He just had the misfortune of playing at the same time of one of the most prolific passing quarterbacks in Arkansas football history. I would have loved to have seen the kid run the mid-line option out of the wing-t offense. It would have been a thing of beauty and would have been extremely successful.

To his credit he never complained but just went on to make himself an excellent all-around player and an outstanding receiver. He is the example of a team player.

Congratulations Chance Shelby...You will be missed.             

chucktownboys

Congratulations chance! Very deserving of award! Now do something your brothers couldn't and bring home two rings! Looking forward to great game! Go Tigers!

nastynice

December 17, 2013, 07:21:06 am #111 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:35:41 pm by nastynice
Quote from: Razorbackfan07 on December 16, 2013, 08:09:11 pm
Glen rose can take hits. That's what they live for.  They lift every day! Glen rose is stronger then charleston.
Slow your roll bro!! Booneville has one of the most intense weightlifting programs in the state, as a matter of fact they won the state championship last year(weightlifting). And Booneville had a kid move from CHARLESTON and plays for the Bearcats now. He claims that Charlestons weight program isnt that far behind Booneville. He said the Tigers have been working hard for several years now and are alot stronger than in the past. But yes, their skilled players are a more finesse player but dont be deceived. Corner up one of these skilled players and see what happens. They are strong up front and on defense. 

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 16, 2013, 10:53:53 pm

I am really happy to see Chance receive this award. He is deserving of the honor.

His brother Jordan quarterbacked the 2008 Tiger team to a state championship and won the MVP of the championship game.

His brother Dustin quarterbacked the 2011 Tiger team to a state championship and won the MVP of the championship game.

There are some Tiger followers who believer (myself included) that given the opportunity Chance would have been just as good as and perhaps even better than his two brothers. He just had the misfortune of playing at the same time of one of the most prolific passing quarterbacks in Arkansas football history. I would have loved to have seen the kid run the mid-line option out of the wing-t offense. It would have been a thing of beauty and would have been extremely successful.

To his credit he never complained but just went on to make himself an excellent all-around player and an outstanding receiver. He is the example of a team player.

Congrats as well.   Chance is a flat out football player.   Best compliment I could give to a young man.   

nastynice

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on December 17, 2013, 07:45:25 am
Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 16, 2013, 10:53:53 pm

Congrats as well.   Chance is a flat out football player.   Best compliment I could give to a young man.
+1

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: nastynice on December 17, 2013, 07:21:06 am
Slow your roll bro!! Booneville has one of the most intense weightlifting programs in the state, as a matter of fact they won the state championship last year. And Booneville had a kid move from CHARLESTON and he gos to our church now  and plays for the Bearcats now. He claims that Charlestons weight program isnt that far behind Booneville. He said the Tigers have been working hard for several years now and are alot stronger than in the past. But yes, their skilled players are a more finesse player but dont be deceived. Corner up one of these skilled players and see what happens. They are strong up front and on defense.

Plus, I really doubt that GR lifts every day.  Thats not smart.  You most definetly need to continue a scaled down weight program thru the season but not every day. Chucky town tiggers are gonna roll over GR with ease.

2010Tigerhaz-been

DeeGee

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 17, 2013, 09:57:41 am
Quote from: nastynice on December 17, 2013, 07:21:06 am
Slow your roll bro!! Booneville has one of the most intense weightlifting programs in the state, as a matter of fact they won the state championship last year. And Booneville had a kid move from CHARLESTON and he gos to our church now  and plays for the Bearcats now. He claims that Charlestons weight program isnt that far behind Booneville. He said the Tigers have been working hard for several years now and are alot stronger than in the past. But yes, their skilled players are a more finesse player but dont be deceived. Corner up one of these skilled players and see what happens. They are strong up front and on defense.

Plus, I really doubt that GR lifts every day.  Thats not smart.  You most definetly need to continue a scaled down weight program thru the season but not every day. Chucky town tiggers are gonna roll over GR with ease.

They don't do weights everyday. 2-3 days a week. But to say they are gonna roll over them with ease is kinda far fetched. It's most definetly gonna be a great game. Both teams are gonna play their hardest. Don't see a blow out on either side though.

OLDSCHOOL82

Chucktown will roll by 28 or more. Not being arrogant, i dont even like chucktown.  I'm just a realist.

2010Tigerhaz-been

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 17, 2013, 12:44:58 pm
Chucktown will roll by 28 or more. Not being arrogant, i dont even like chucktown.  I'm just a realist.

Yeah right. You love us

chucktownboys

All this talk of a blowout is just that, this will be a tough challenge for the Tigers, shutting down glen rose will be tough. I do think there is nothing Tigers haven't seen yet that Glen rose can present as far as offense and defensive size and speed. HA is the second best team I've seen so far, weather again may play a factor in Tigers game but it won't be anything new. Go Tigers!

Lineman

Just because "they lift every day!" its not a guarantee of success on the football field. If that were true the NFL would be nothing but bodybuilders

DogsWin7

Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 16, 2013, 01:46:01 pm
Charleston has a great gameplan for every team that they play who has a star running back. Hit them hard on every play whether they have the ball or not. Because then when they do have the ball, they won't want to run it very hard. It's like playing a mental game, unfortunately I haven't seen very many 3A athletes who are mentally strong enough to take it. Terrence Bobo didn't. Makin kid from Fountain Lake didn't. Espinoza at Lavaca didn't. Ozarks runningback about 4 years ago didn't. Both Foster brothers from Clarksville didn't. You may get some yards on your first drive running the ball, but you end up tired of getting hit and not wanting to run it again. And if you ask some people whom Charleston has beat this year, they actually might tell you that this is the best, if not then one of the best, 3A teams they have ever seen. Good luck Satursay night and best wishes on an injury free game.

This.

OLDSCHOOL82

Sure hope you charleston boys dont have anyone that played on the team four years ago!

nastynice

December 17, 2013, 04:20:06 pm #124 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:33:20 pm by nastynice
Quote from: Lineman on December 17, 2013, 02:23:15 pm
Just because "they lift every day!" its not a guarantee of success on the football field. If that were true the NFL would be nothing but bodybuilders
It is nothing but bodybuilders. But I know what your saying. Strength, is like size, it does matter though.

-Painted Fan-

Charleston Tigers vs. Glen Rose Beavers
Charleston is 14-0. Glen Rose is 12-1.
Charleston has scored 554 points (just under 40 points per game). Glen Rose has scored 622 points (just under 48 points per game).
Charleston defense has allowed 142 points (10.1 points per game). Glen Rose has allowed 161 points (12.3 points per game).
Charleston's opponents combined record is 78-77-1. Glen Rose opponents combined record is 73-72-1.
Charleston played 1 5A school (Clarksville) and 2 4A schools (Gentry, Ozark) in non-conference.
Glen Rose played 2 4A schools (Malvern, Bauxite) and 1 2A school (Parkers Chapel) in non-conference.
There are 2 common opponents for both teams.
Charleston beat Lavaca 42-13. Glen Rose beat Lavaca 48-0.
Charleston beat Benton Harmony Grove 42-0. Glen Rose beat Benton Harmony Grove 55-12.
Most points scored by Charleston is 48. Most points scored by Glen Rose is 56.
Most points in a game surrendered by Charleston defense is 21. Most points in a game surrendered by Glen Rose defense is 36 (in a loss).
Charleston's closest game is 8 points. Glen Rose's closest game is 9 points (in a loss).
Glen Rose is the only team in conference 3A-5 to finish with more than 7 wins (including playoffs). #2 Glen Rose 12-1, #6 Fountain Lake 7-4, #24 Centerpoint 6-4-1, #25 Two Rivers 7-5, #33 Benton Harmony Grove 5-6, #37 Bismarck 2-8, #38 Horatio 3-7, #39 Jessieville 1-9.
Danville, Cedarville, and Mansfield are the only teams in conference 3A-4 to finish with a losing record. #1 Charleston 14-0, #10 Lamar 9-2, #15 Lavaca 7-5, #21 Atkins 8-4, #22 Paris 6-4-1, #29 Mansfield 4-6, #30 Cedarville 2-8, #34 Danville 2-8.
Charleston is 6-0 vs. teams that wear red, black, and white (3-0 in the playoffs). Glen Rose hasn't played anyone that wears black, white, and yellow this season.
Charleston will be the Home team this Saturday. The Tigers are 8-0 this season as the Home team.
Glen Rose will be the Visiting team this Saturday. The Beavers are 4-1 this season as the Visiting team.
2013 Charleston Tigers
vs. 5A #23 Clarksville (3-7) W 42-19
@ 4A #21 Gentry (6-5) W 23-15
@ 4A #39 Ozark (2-8) W 44-6
vs. #34 Danville (2-8) W 42-14
@ #22 Paris (6-4-1) W 35-0
vs. #21 Atkins (8-4) W 38-14
@ #10 Lamar (9-2) W 31-6
vs. #15 Lavaca (7-5) W 42-13
@ #30 Cedarville (2-8) W 46-6
vs. #29 Mansfield (4-6) W 48-14
vs. #33 Benton Harmony Grove (5-6) W 42-0
vs. #13 McGehee (7-5) W 27-6
@ #3 Harding Academy (11-1) W 48-21
vs. #5 Earle (6-8) W 46-8
vs. #2 Glen Rose (12-1, so far)

2013 Glen Rose Beavers
@ 4A #11 Malvern (9-3) L 36-27
@ 4A #44 Bauxite (1-9) W 45-20
vs. 2A #23 Parkers Chapel (4-7) W 53-6
vs. #33 Benton Harmony Grove (5-6) 55-12
@ #39 Jessieville (1-9) W 56-7
@ #37 Bismarck (2-8) W 50-0
vs. #6 Fountain Lake (7-4) W 36-8
vs. #24 Centerpoint (6-4-1) W 52-13
@ #38 Horatio (3-7) W 48-14
vs. #25 Two Rivers (7-5) W 56-14
vs. #15 Lavaca (7-5) W 48-0
vs. #14 Green Forest (10-3) W 42-7
vs. #4 Smackover (12-2) W 54-24
@ #1 Charleston (14-0, so far)

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: jlankford on December 15, 2013, 02:46:55 pm
CHS is about to go up against the best D line that they have seen all year. And yes our D line will get to your NFL Hall of fame QB that y'all have. he will not pass for 400 yards and CHS RB won't run for 100 yards either. Now I'm not saying we have the best secondary in the 3A bc we don't but our D line will not give him time! so let's go GR #57 come on turfmonkey haven't talk to you all year!
Let me guess; you must be Zach's dad?
Storey passed for 375 last year on the Beavers- against your two best D-linemen (which have now graduated) in Hix and Southworth.
The Beavers are missing some key people from last year's squad- Hix, Southworth, Hunter, Farr, Coney, Ballard, Bredensteiner, just to name a few.
Charleston is light years ahead of last year.
14 teams have used that same philosophy this season:
"We won't give him time."
"We will run, and run, and run the ball, and keep their offense off the field."
14 teams have failed.
Earle made it work for about a quarter- until Charleston scored 4 touchdowns in a little over 4 minutes (ending the first half, starting the second). The Bulldogs were ready to get on the bus and go home after that.
Do you try sending the house and playing man coverage?
Do you sit back and play a soft zone?
What about the run game (something that was missed from last years Charleston squad)?
I do know one thing for certain- I wouldn't want to be in Coach Kehner's position.

DeeGee

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 17, 2013, 06:09:08 pm
CHS is about to go up against the best D line that they have seen all year. And yes our D line will get to your NFL Hall of fame QB that y'all have. he will not pass for 400 yards and CHS RB won't run for 100 yards either. Now I'm not saying we have the best secondary in the 3A bc we don't but our D line will not give him time! so let's go GR #57 come on turfmonkey haven't talk to you all year!
Storey passed for 375 last year on the Beavers- against your two best D-linemen (which have now graduated) in Hix and Southworth.
The Beavers are missing some key people from last year's squad- Hix, Southworth, Hunter, Farr, Coney, Ballard, Bredensteiner, just to name a few.
14 teams have failed.
Earle made it work for about a quarter- until Charleston scored 4 touchdowns in a little over 4 minutes (ending the first half, starting the second). The Bulldogs were ready to get on the bus and go home after that.
What about the run game (something that was missed from last years Charleston squad)?
I do know one thing for certain- I wouldn't want to be in Coach Kehner's position.

Well I know one thing for certain, these GR boys are gonna give it their all. You can put Charleston on a pedestal all you want. Good for you for being a great fan. But I for one am a great fan of GR and I say these boys have what it takes. Your opinion means about about as much as mine or any other fan, nothing!!! The boys will show it all on the field Saturday. Win or lose I will bet that every player on both teams give their all. No sense in downgrading them cause they are the underdogs. Underdogs sometimes bite the hardest. Do you not think that the players that are gone from last year have not been replaced with just as good of players? Really?? Either way none of this matters. What matters is which team puts forth the bigger effort on Saturday. Good luck to them both and hope for an exciting game. Now stop with all the elementary mine is better than yours and just cheer your team on. Be a good fan not an obnoxious one. Y'all have a good week and let the boys do their thing.

adaptedtigerfan

-Painted Fan-

So let me get this straight, so I fully understand here.
Glen Rose fans are allowed to come on here and say, "you won't do this, and you won't do that", but if I offer a rebuttal, with facts from the game last year, all of a sudden I am the obnoxious one?
Gotcha.
I didn't realize that this was T-ball, and that everyone gets a trophy.
Good luck to everybody! I just want everybody to win!
Only golf claps will be allowed at War Memorial Stadium on Saturday, but only if you golf clap for both teams!
Hooray!

DogsWin7

Quote from: nastynice on December 17, 2013, 04:20:06 pm
Quote from: Lineman on December 17, 2013, 02:23:15 pm
It is nothing but bodybuilders. But I know what your saying. Strength, is like size, it does matter though.

Yes....it does matter.

-Painted Fan-

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 17, 2013, 07:36:56 pm
14 teams have failed.

Well I know one thing for certain, these GR boys are gonna give it their all. You can put Charleston on a pedestal all you want. Good for you for being a great fan. But I for one am a great fan of GR and I say these boys have what it takes. Your opinion means about about as much as mine or any other fan, nothing!!! The boys will show it all on the field Saturday. Win or lose I will bet that every player on both teams give their all. No sense in downgrading them cause they are the underdogs. Underdogs sometimes bite the hardest. Do you not think that the players that are gone from last year have not been replaced with just as good of players? Really?? Either way none of this matters. What matters is which team puts forth the bigger effort on Saturday. Good luck to them both and hope for an exciting game. Now stop with all the elementary mine is better than yours and just cheer your team on. Be a good fan not an obnoxious one. Y'all have a good week and let the boys do their thing.
Nice to know that "Glen Rose will kick Charleston's tail". (Yes, I read Facebook).

TigerDog

I am traveling in South Louisiana working and getting pumped up for this Saturdays Championship game. I just checked Little Rocks weather forecast and all I can say is "Are you kidding me!"

Lamar, McGee, Earle...and now the championship game? I have been to Little Rock for a Championship game the past 9 years and never a drop of rain....this forecast needs to change.

Now that my weather rant is over.....I predict in rain Charleston 35 GR 14.....On a dry field 42-14

Congratulation Chance on the 3A Farm Bureau Offensive Player of the Year!

DeeGee

December 17, 2013, 08:41:05 pm #133 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:43:59 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 17, 2013, 08:21:47 pm
Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 17, 2013, 07:36:56 pm
14 teams have failed.

Nice to know that "Glen Rose will kick Charleston's tail". (Yes, I read Facebook).

First off that's not my exact words. Stalking my Facebook page??? Freaky!!! That's called being a proud mom.
By no means am I saying don't rebuttal, I'm saying there is no sense in downgrading. Not trying to argue with you at all. I just see it as pointless to argue about or be negative about the other team. Not once will you see me say a negative comment about Charleston. And yes I know there are a few folks from GR that take things too far. But not us all. I apologize if I came off rude but that was meant for all not just Charleston fans. And apparently I need to make my Facebook private cause that's kinda freaking me out. Go ahead and hate on my other post on there if ya want to, you know the ones that have nothing to do with FF. Seriously??? I think any post I put on Facebook has nothing to do with FF and shouldn't be brought up here unless it's directed at you.  Calm yourself.

-Painted Fan-

December 17, 2013, 08:50:32 pm #134 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 08:53:26 pm by -Painted Fan-
Yeah, I was shown your page by another poster.
I got a good laugh- especially the pic of you face down across the pool table with the other woman behind you.
Glen Rose Moms Gone Wild!
Stay classy. lol

DeeGee

Let me make this clear so everyone knows exactly what I posted so it's not mistaken (btw it was a video posted) my exact words were:

I can not express how proud of the boys I am. They've worked their butts off all year. Saturday at 6:30pm at War Memorial they will play for the State Championship. 2nd yr in a row. Go get em Beavers. Kick some Charleston tail.

I see nothing wrong with any of that. Just a proud mom and fan.

DeeGee

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 17, 2013, 08:50:32 pm
I got a good laugh- especially the pic of you face down across the pool table with the other woman behind you.
Stay classy. lol

What can I say, we have fun at pool league!!! Lol

nastynice

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 17, 2013, 08:56:01 pm
Stay classy. lol

+1 Thats funny right there!! Lol

DeeGee

Quote from: nastynice on December 17, 2013, 09:04:47 pm
Stay classy. lol

You'll have that sometimes and on occasion. lol

jlankford

Painted fan no I'm not his dad I'm his older brother. Yep a haz been played in 07 when we kick charlestons butt on there field but that's the past this is now I'm just saying that to me there d line is a lot better than last year and yes I know that y'all's QB is a lot better too I hope the best for him and I hope he goes to play D 1 ball but this game won't be a push over blow out like people are saying I don't think either team will win by 7 it will be close! Bet on it

blueberryrockstar

Mo Lord son. If you graduated in 2007, how did you pass English?

DogsWin7

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 17, 2013, 09:28:00 pm
Stay classy. lol

Wow!   

DeeGee

December 17, 2013, 10:21:34 pm #142 Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:25:29 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 17, 2013, 10:14:10 pm
Stay classy. lol

Wow!

It isn't anything like he made it out to be. Me and another girl had just won a doubles pool tournament and was being silly. Nothing more than that. Not really a wow moment. Just some friends acting a fool and celebrating winning a $5,000 tournament. Trust me there were a lot of mad men getting beat by two women. So we took a picture acting a fool. This got way off subject.  Now back to the game on Saturday please.......

blueberryrockstar

Since you insist... Saturday it will rain. The rain slows down Charleston a little and favors Glen Rose. But Charleston is better than Glen Rose and wins their 4th state title in 9 years. No negative anything. It's my opinion. So don't get all defensive just because some of you disagree. Charleston is just flat out better. Like Glen Rose was the last two times these schools met.

DeeGee

I'm not defensive. Just stating my opinion as well. And my opinion is I have faith in these GR boys!!! Like any true fan does. I respect your opinion. Just as I'd hope you respect mine.

2010GRbeaver

For anyone to say that this game will be a blow out, on either side, is not very smart. It's going to be a track meet. The game will come down to the final seconds.

hoghelmet14

this is the direction this thread is heading.....

DogsWin7

Quote from: DeeGoldie on December 17, 2013, 10:21:34 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on December 17, 2013, 10:14:10 pm
Stay classy. lol

Wow!

It isn't anything like he made it out to be. Me and another girl had just won a doubles pool tournament and was being silly. Nothing more than that. Not really a wow moment. Just some friends acting a fool and celebrating winning a $5,000 tournament. Trust me there were a lot of mad men getting beat by two women. So we took a picture acting a fool. This got way off subject.  Now back to the game on Saturday please.......

I Love playing pool!   Good for you.   I'm glad you won!   I always like to rub it in a little if I win too....innocent fun between friends.

Now back on topic......

How many return starters will GR have next year?    Just curious for next year.     

edghog

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 17, 2013, 03:01:04 pm

Sure hope you charleston boys dont have anyone that played on the team four years ago!
Well they sure didn't shut down Ree two years ago or Elder last year... Just sayin...

chucktownboys

Looks like its definitely going to be another wet ball game, at least Tigers have plenty of experience in cold wet conditions. Go Tigers!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas