• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Future Friends from the 3A-4

Started by rattlerfan17, December 03, 2013, 09:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lineman

I heard it might be played at u of a

TeeLee

Quote from: Lineman on December 09, 2013, 09:04:10 am
I heard it might be played at u of a

We did play Clarksville a couple years ago at UofA.  Just after our game the rains came.  Hardest rain I ever tried to drive in, could barely see the bus lights a few feet in front of me. If Hootens needs us to play on a natural site, maybe Shiloh will meet us half way and play at say.......Mountainburg. That way everyone saves on gas and travel time.  I feel my suggestion will fall on deaf ears tho.  ::)

ChucktownTigerFan

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 09, 2013, 06:43:22 am
The Hooten's game is a sure deal....   And they are always played @ a neutral site.
Like in 2010 I think it was when we played Clarksville at the U of A.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: TeeLee on December 09, 2013, 02:26:28 am
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 05, 2013, 07:00:19 pm
Quote from: blueberryrockstar on December 05, 2013, 06:34:02 pm
That makes me happy. Why is it at Northside though?

That's how the hootens games go. 

The only reason I could think of is gate money, maybe drawing more people from Ft. Smith.  Unless Northside has been upgraded since I was there,  Charleston or Shilo fields would be better.  Probably hold about as many fans, and I know the parking is better.  CHS even has a press box on both sides of the field.  Is this game a rumor or a done deal?

They are making major renovations at Mayo-Thompson.  Should be a much better stadium by the time next season rolls around.

rattlerfan17

OLDSCHOOL82

Here is the 3A-4 for 2014.  I guess its mostly the same with the addition of Booneville.  I wonder if the ole rivalry with paris will get fired back up again?  I know Charleston will become a huge rivalry immediately. 

Booneville
Charleston
Danville
Lamar
Lavaca
Mansfield
Paris
Two Rivers

KOJACK

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 23, 2013, 12:12:03 pm
Here is the 3A-4 for 2014.  I guess its mostly the same with the addition of Booneville.  I wonder if the ole rivalry with paris will get fired back up again?  I know Charleston will become a huge rivalry immediately. 

Booneville
Charleston
Danville
Lamar
Lavaca
Mansfield
Paris
Two Rivers
Two great teams and 6 run of the mill.

BEARCATSRULE

Quote from: KOJACK on December 23, 2013, 04:53:18 pm
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 23, 2013, 12:12:03 pm

Booneville
Charleston
Danville
Lamar
Lavaca
Mansfield
Paris
Two Rivers
Two great teams and 6 run of the mill.
I predict this to be the order of ranking next season as well.

HorseFeathers

Atkins and Cedarville leave the conference....Two Rivers and Booneville join....

rattlerfan17

Nah. Lamar should be 3rd. Dunno where Danville will crop up.

adaptedtigerfan

Lamar 3rd Boonville 2nd..... And Chuck 1st

HorseFeathers

could be a pretty good battle for the 4 and 5 seeds next yr....

WPWells

My way-too-early prediction

1. Charleston
2. Booneville
3. Lamar
4. Two Rivers
5. Lavaca
6. Mansfield
7. Danville
8. Paris

OLDSCHOOL82

Chuckytown better recruit some more greenwood boys if they want the 1 seed.  It ain't a scrimmage anymore!

adaptedtigerfan

rattlerfan17

I have:

1/2. Booneville/Charleston
3. Lamar
4. Lavaca
5. Mansfield
6. Two Rivers
7. Danville
8. Paris

I think the Booneville/Charleston position is too close to call at this point. I know that Booneville can win it, but don't know if they will. We'll see lol. The way Booneville's offense works is to keep the ball out of the opponent's offense's hands. Hard for Chuckytown to score any points if their O doesn't have the ball.

adaptedtigerfan

Absolutely right...  Chuck defense doesn't know how to create turnovers.

ATU

Charleston want need but 3 or 4 plays to score anyway .

rattlerfan17

Quote from: ATU on December 24, 2013, 09:05:41 am

Not against the Booneville D, they'd need a few more than that.

OLDSCHOOL82

ATU:

Booneville is not glen rose!

BEARCATSRULE

Charleston can not take the pounding Booneville puts out.

fbhound

Just curious why a couple of you put Paris at #8 next year, despite more starters returning, going 6-3-1 with a last second loss, otherwise a 7-2-1 season was at hand?  Danville going from last to 3rd or so seems so out of place. So, perhaps a little thought process comments by each team that prompts a certain ranking, not only for Paris but for other schools also.  The Booneville-Charleston opinion board will be the hottest topic in all of 3A next year. Unfortunately, the bracketing places Booneville and Charleston against each other in the quarterfinals and what a shame that teams #1 and #2 would be playing so early in the playoffs. I venture to say that either one would beat any other team in 3A next year and realize that statement will go against the likes of HA, GR, Barton, Earle, Barton and others.

OLDSCHOOL82

Where is the bracket that puts a 1 and 2 seed from the same conference playing each other in the qtrs?  Do they not automatically go opposite each other?

Idoknow

Quote from: fbhound on December 26, 2013, 01:40:49 pm
Just curious why a couple of you put Paris at #8 next year, despite more starters returning, going 6-3-1 with a last second loss, otherwise a 7-2-1 season was at hand?  Danville going from last to 3rd or so seems so out of place. So, perhaps a little thought process comments by each team that prompts a certain ranking, not only for Paris but for other schools also.  The Booneville-Charleston opinion board will be the hottest topic in all of 3A next year. Unfortunately, the bracketing places Booneville and Charleston against each other in the quarterfinals and what a shame that teams #1 and #2 would be playing so early in the playoffs. I venture to say that either one would beat any other team in 3A next year and realize that statement will go against the likes of HA, GR, Barton, Earle, Barton and others.
I see Paris at the 4th. spot and no worse than 5!

-Painted Fan-

Earle won't be a problem next fall. The Bulldogs are dropping down to 2A.
I heard that the Charleston vs. Booneville game next year is Week 9- Halloween. It should be Senior Night for the Home team.

DHS4EVR

LITTLE JOHNS GONNA WIN CONFERENCE NEXT YEAR!!!

WPWells

bigcat72

Charleston didn't win it all last year because they lacked a kicker and running game. They went out and found both missing pieces in the off season. If they can pull that off again I don't see anyone beating them.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: bigcat72 on December 27, 2013, 01:37:53 pm
Charleston didn't win it all last year because they lacked a kicker and running game. They went out and found both missing pieces in the off season. If they can pull that off again I don't see anyone beating them.

Watch their wk 9 game in 2014 then. 

adaptedtigerfan

I want some of what OLDSCHOOL and DHS are havin!!

Truthfully

Paris, IF they get a QB who can throw the ball, could win 7 games next year before playoff time. More starters returning next year. We were not supposed to win but 3-4 games this past year but came within one play in last 19 seconds in one lost game to have ended up 7-2-1 before the playoffs and a good #3 playoff spot and a sure win. Wud have ended up 8-3-1 were it not for ONE play. That's my guesstimate of what could have happened but didn't. Guess I am a homer!  ;D 
    This next year should see 5-6 wins but might just end up like this year's 6-4-1 record and with no miracle finish, especially with TWO losses staring at Paris with Charleston and Booneville. Does not leave much room for error!   Hope I am around to see a few games, only got to see 2 this year. Sure wish Paris had radio broadcasts like way back in the mid 1980s. Guess not enough sponsors from the Paris merchants, sorry to say.  :-\

fbhound

Yep, agree that Paris needs to make some changes in the player positions next year and a bit more QB tutoring perhaps? Linemen need a little beefing up and need a PAT, FG and KO person for sure. Think the little kicker Paris had will graduate. Someone has to step up. But, hey, all teams go through transition every year. Just need more players to "care" a bit more and "want" to play hard.  We shall see.
Can't wait to see the Booneville scores in 3A !

ATU

Built it and they will come i hear 2 or 3 coming in.

skydog

Quote from: ATU on December 28, 2013, 10:17:12 am
Built it and they will come i hear 2 or 3 coming in.
Possibly 4.

-Painted Fan-

I don't see anyone beating Charleston, Booneville, and Lamar out of those top 3 spots. All 3 return a ton of talent next season, as well as good groups coming up from the junior high ranks.
The other 5 schools will be playing for those final 2 playoff spots.

-Painted Fan-

Something to consider: any time there is a new cycle start, you may see the same opponents at home that you had the year before.
Example: Lavaca came to Charleston in 2005; the last year in 2A for both teams. In 2006, Lavaca again came to Charleston; the first year in 3A.
In 2009, Charleston played at Lavaca. A new cycle began in 2010, and Charleston played at Lavaca again.
I believe this is only a conference thing, and doesn't change the n onconference sites.
I'm anxious to see the 2014 schedule, and see the 4 games Charleston will have as Home games (Hooten's games count as a Home game for both teams, meaning only 4 Home regular season games the next 2 years).
I would dread having another 3 1\2 hour game at Lamar next October.

ATU

I may be wrong but i was told CHS week1 Shiloh at Northside
                                                week2 home vs Gentry
                                                week3 home vs Ozark
                                                 week4 at Danville
                                                 week5 home Paris
                                                 week6at Two Rivers
                                                 week7home Lamar
                                                 week8 at Lavaca
                                                 week9 home Booneville
                                                  week 10 at Mansfield Now i could wrong.

nastynice

Quote from: ATU on December 31, 2013, 07:39:57 pm
                                                week2 home vs Gentry
                                                week3 home vs Ozark
                                                 week4 at Danville
                                                 week5 home Paris
                                                 week6at Two Rivers
                                                 week7home Lamar
                                                 week8 at Lavaca
                                                 week9 home Booneville
If this is correct, then it looks like all Charleston's tougher games are at home. Very favorable schedule.

ChucktownTigerFan

Quote from: ATU on December 31, 2013, 07:39:57 pm
                                                week2 home vs Gentry
                                                week3 home vs Ozark
                                                 week4 at Danville
                                                 week5 home Paris
                                                 week6at Two Rivers
                                                 week7home Lamar
                                                 week8 at Lavaca
                                                 week9 home Booneville
I heard we are dropping Gentry and picking up Gravette.. Of course my source could be wrong as well..

adaptedtigerfan

YC

Fairly accurate with one small exception. Instead of Charleston going out and finding the running back and kicker they found Charleston -- as ATU says " build it and they will come".

Sorry it took me so long to comment on this but have been busy recruiting and hadn't checked the topics for a while. I've been in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area talking to a couple of 6-5/6-6, 250 pound plus linemen who have Grannies living in the Charleston School district :-X

adaptedtigerfan

Funny you should say that...  I just got in from South FL on my recruiting trip!

WPWells

Okay, y'all caught me. I'm the lead recruiter trying to get Burton to Fayetteville High. Dee wasn't just making that up

jazdill

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 31, 2013, 06:28:44 pm
Something to consider: any time there is a new cycle start, you may see the same opponents at home that you had the year before.
Example: Lavaca came to Charleston in 2005; the last year in 2A for both teams. In 2006, Lavaca again came to Charleston; the first year in 3A.
In 2009, Charleston played at Lavaca. A new cycle began in 2010, and Charleston played at Lavaca again.
I believe this is only a conference thing, and doesn't change the n onconference sites.
I'm anxious to see the 2014 schedule, and see the 4 games Charleston will have as Home games (Hooten's games count as a Home game for both teams, meaning only 4 Home regular season games the next 2 years).
I would dread having another 3 1\2 hour game at Lamar next October.

No problem... im sure Coach Jones would agree to the game where no passing is allowed. Would be much more entertaining watching some smash mouth football and we could all be home by 9:30!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas