• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emerson vs Junction City II

Started by yesteryearman, January 26, 2016, 01:40:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yesteryearman

I predict that Junction gets up for this one, gets a little home cooking maybe, and depending on how much Revels plays, hangs first loss of year on Emerson.  IMO it would likely do Emerson some good to get that monkey off their back, forget about being undefeated, and get some  things corrected (offense, free throws, playing smart at the end) for the real season, tournament time.

Bigbird2012

I'm just a little curious as to what your deal is with Emerson. It may be nothing but I don't feel that you like to see Emerson do good!! Emerson may get beat by JC Thursday night but they have already beat them once @ JC so it is possible

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on January 26, 2016, 02:30:27 pm
I'm just a little curious as to what your deal is with Emerson. It may be nothing but I don't feel that you like to see Emerson do good!! Emerson may get beat by JC Thursday night but they have already beat them once @ JC so it is possible

I can agree with this. At first you seemed to support Emerson, now this. Not that I care but you're not posting stuff like this about anyone else. If Revels plays Emerson wins. But this game means nothing. Regular season game against a basically 3a school. Obviously Emerson wants to keep winning but in the long run this game means nothing and Revels always takes such a beating vs JC I wouldn't be suprised if he sits. But the game to watch will be Emerson (22-0 right now) and Blevins (24-1). JC is not as good as they have been. Blevins is

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 26, 2016, 02:57:51 pm

I can agree with this. At first you seemed to support Emerson, now this. Not that I care but you're not posting stuff like this about anyone else. If Revels plays Emerson wins. But this game means nothing. Regular season game against a basically 3a school. Obviously Emerson wants to keep winning but in the long run this game means nothing and Revels always takes such a beating vs JC I wouldn't be suprised if he sits. But the game to watch will be Emerson (22-0 right now) and Blevins (24-1). JC is not as good as they have been. Blevins is

Wow, somebody has thin skin.....I grew up watching Class B, now Class A basketball.  Yes I am over 50yrs old.  How many Class A schools, that are worth talking about, are left around here.  Second, "I don't post about anybody else".  Look at my posts, I've commented about Nevada, Kirby, Guy, ICC,  Bay, etc.  Yes I don't have a dog in the fight, but would like to see south Ark teams do well.  As far as having something against Emerson, I have tried to state what I saw, granted only seeing them twice, and what I have read from others.  For example, just yesterday a couple of posts concerning some fouls at the end of the game that may have let the other team hang around.  And, I guess the Tex Gazette is biased when they posted Emerson's free-throw shooting.  Anyway, guess I can find other things to do rather than stir up some folks.  Bye

PuddlePirate12

I said "stuff like this." Not just anything. You don't talk down on anyone else, especially Nevada, or start topics predicting them to lose. My skins fine like I said I could careless who you cheer for. As far as the fouls and the shot it was a boy who moved to Emerson having never played organized basketball before and now he's about the 2nd or 3rd off the bench. He hasn't been in that position before but now he knows. The foul on Jeffers was not a foul. Ask Marty Smith. See ya around

Bigbird2012

Its even sadder that you admitted to being over 50 and still posting rude comments on social media about high school athletes that you obviously know nothing about. I am assuming you are one of the many spectators who sit in the bleachers and talk about how bad the players are and how the coach's make dumb decisions while reminiscing back on the days when you played!?!  ::) anyhow, I am sure I will see you for the Neveda & Emerson District Finals. Have a great week & God Bless!!

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 26, 2016, 04:10:49 pm

Wow, somebody has thin skin.....I grew up watching Class B, now Class A basketball.  Yes I am over 50yrs old.  How many Class A schools, that are worth talking about, are left around here.  Second, "I don't post about anybody else".  Look at my posts, I've commented about Nevada, Kirby, Guy, ICC,  Bay, etc.  Yes I don't have a dog in the fight, but would like to see south Ark teams do well.  As far as having something against Emerson, I have tried to state what I saw, granted only seeing them twice, and what I have read from others.  For example, just yesterday a couple of posts concerning some fouls at the end of the game that may have let the other team hang around.  And, I guess the Tex Gazette is biased when they posted Emerson's free-throw shooting.  Anyway, guess I can find other things to do rather than stir up some folks.  Bye

Silky Johnson

PuddlePirate12

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on January 26, 2016, 04:37:54 pm
Its even sadder that you admitted to being over 50 and still posting rude comments on social media about high school athletes that you obviously know nothing about. I am assuming you are one of the many spectators who sit in the bleachers and talk about how bad the players are and how the coach's make dumb decisions while reminiscing back on the days when you played!?!  ::) anyhow, I am sure I will see you for the Neveda & Emerson District Finals. Have a great week & God Bless!!

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 26, 2016, 04:10:49 pm

Some are sunshine pumpers, some arent.... what's sad is that y'all are taking someone else's opinion this personal....

smackdat014

smackdat014

PuddlePirate12

HorseFeathers

Does junction city livestream basketball?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on January 28, 2016, 04:57:21 pm
Does junction city livestream basketball?

They did dual state. I'm not sure about tonight's game

smackdat014

Nah not tonight puddle, had class. Going to go watch them tomorrow night.
Any updates for tonight?

smackdat014

smackdat014

smackdat014

smackdat014

47-44 was up 10 then refs starting calling stuff start of 4th

thabeast428

So now ur blaming the refs? heck they been bad all year both ways so regardless who wins can't blame the refs lol

smackdat014

72-68 OT final
Emerson

You know, people use different refs... Lol

PuddlePirate12

Emerson got punched in the face tonight. Got down 4-5 late in the 4th and brought it back. If their ability to play smart and hit free throws was in question Monday night they showed how well they can handle it tonight. Jeffers was 7-8 from FT in OT. I'm not going to say the refs were bad. Because they were awful. Emerson shot I believe 7 FTs in the first 4 quarters. If you've seen Emerson play you know they get fouled more than that. Crap bad teams get more than that. It sounds dumb for me to say it but that's 2 games in a row Emerson won 8 on 5. These last few games before the regular season wraps up are all good tests for Emerson. I don't think they will get away from Blevins undefeated though. Great game to watch. Grayson played like you would expect and even without the Davis boy JC fought very hard. And to the grown man who wanted to get in Revels face everytime they were on that end of the court.. Grow up dude

BasketballFan8680

Wasn't able to come to the game .. Can anyone give details about it ?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on January 29, 2016, 12:46:01 am
Wasn't able to come to the game .. Can anyone give details about it ?

The newspaper article should be on the 2a board sometime today

Pirate1992

Yes Go be a good one between Blevins & Emerson.. Blevins is beatable & has one lose to Izard County .. So it's a toss up..

hawgfan15

Quote from: Pirate1992 on January 29, 2016, 02:47:08 pm
Yes Go be a good one between Blevins & Emerson.. Blevins is beatable & has one lose to Izard County .. So it's a toss up..

Blevins has also lost two other games:

@ Kirby by 2 (last second shot)
Mineral Springs by 2 (Nashville Tournament Finals)

Pirate1992

MaxPreps showing 1 loss for Blevins & they rank #3 in 2A.

smackdat014

Everything I look at is showing 1 loss for them.

PuddlePirate12

It'll be a good game whether they have 1 or 3 losses

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas