• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predictions: Emerson vs Kirby

Started by smackdat014, January 24, 2016, 11:07:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

smackdat014

Any predictions on this game scheduled for tomorrow.

I say Emerson by 8

HawgBall06

I am picking the Kirby girls to win.   ;D

PuddlePirate12

yesteryearman

Quote from: smackdat014 on January 24, 2016, 11:07:31 pm

I say Emerson by 8

Kirby by 3, more if the guy from Kirby referees

WPWells

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 25, 2016, 06:05:51 am
Quote from: smackdat014 on January 24, 2016, 11:07:31 pm

I say Emerson by 8

Kirby by 3, more if the guy from Kirby referees

That's the truth. May be the first game Revels fouls out of this year. I predict a lot of travel calls towards Emerson lol

smackdat014

smackdat014

smackdat014

38-36 and of 3 Kirby

This is horrible

Knight pride

Silky Johnson

Not an Emerson fan but it can make your stomach turn when you see a game called so lopsided. If a ref played back in the day I'm sure he wanted a fair shake he could at least pay it forward and try an call his games down the middle.

Knight pride

PuddlePirate12

smackdat014

smackdat014

Emerson was on bad foul trouble, first time that's happen all year

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: smackdat014 on January 25, 2016, 07:23:04 pm

It's not a coincidence that it was at Kirby either

PuddlePirate12

They know who the best players are. It's not a coincidence that those were the ones in foul trouble either

Thechosen1

The same thing happened to bay last year in the semis the game was called horribly lopsided.

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 25, 2016, 07:22:20 pm
Quote from: smackdat014 on January 25, 2016, 07:23:04 pm

It's not a coincidence that it was at Kirby either

Well cheer up, you will probably get the same refs at the Regional since it will be very nearby at Caddo Hills

smackdat014

PuddlePirate12

Even Marty Smith finally told them how bad they were doing. And that was with like 30 seconds, Jeffers 5th foul sending Kirby to the line. Absolutely horrible call. Then ole Whisenhunt jerked the net when Emerson layed the ball up earlier in the game (goal tending) uncalled of course

BannerChaser95

This is my first post as I have always been just a spectator until tonight. For someone to say the officiating in the game was "one sided" would be a little bit of an over reaction in my honest opinion. Hacking and reaching on drives when someone goes by. With 12.3 #23(Emerson) untucked Kirby ball handles jersey in an easy call situation. I Will agree. The goaltending should have been called and the jump ball when reeves landed should have been called a trip on Kirby by #21 (Whisenhunt) but other than that it was a lot of letting them play. VERY inconsistent calling but I think something that's being forgotten. The foul count was the same at the end of the game (second half, forgot the first half foul count) missed travel calls on both side of the ball. Emerson wasn't the only team in foul trouble. 2 players with 4, 3 players with 3. The fouls were just distributed over on the Kirby side better. I'm not hear to argue. I probably won't reply if replied to just want to drop it. Refs were not the factor of this close game. It came down to the end in a hard fought game by both teams and Emerson knocked down a clutch free throw.  I'm fairly sure both fans went home saying the refs weren't very good.

BannerChaser95

Also if you you guys want to complain about something. The 2 players from Emerson who fouled out were on BAD attempts at a steal and we're both reaches. While it may not have been called earlier. Regardless it's a Foul. Emerson had an undisciplined feel to them. (Hacking, no blocking out just jumping, #23 shooting a contested 3 with 1:20 to go while up by 3)

Kirby also showed signs of there sophomore guards having trouble with the half court press. And Emersons length was very impressive with holding Kirby to a 1 three in the second half. Only attempted 4 I think. And matching up well inside with the Kirby big boy was a task for some of the teams this year. I feel Emerson did good with the help side Defense. Kirby got most of its points off of offside guy on opposite blocks.

Emerson is good but they need to be a little more disciplined. Kirby has room to grow on inside play aside from 21 and that's a feat of its own with no one else above 6'3" or so. Good game to watch

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 25, 2016, 09:10:08 pm
Also if you you guys want to complain about something. The 2 players from Emerson who fouled out were on BAD attempts at a steal and we're both reaches. While it may not have been called earlier. Regardless it's a Foul. Emerson had an undisciplined feel to them. (Hacking, no blocking out just jumping, #23 shooting a contested 3 with 1:20 to go while up by 3)

Kirby also showed signs of there sophomore guards having trouble with the half court press. And Emersons length was very impressive with holding Kirby to a 1 three in the second half. Only attempted 4 I think. And matching up well inside with the Kirby big boy was a task for some of the teams this year. I feel Emerson did good with the help side Defense. Kirby got most of its points off of offside guy on opposite blocks.

Emerson is good but they need to be a little more disciplined. Kirby has room to grow on inside play aside from 21 and that's a feat of its own with no one else above 6'3" or so. Good game to watch

Agreed. And there were a lot of no calls that were obvious is what I meant. Not that the ones that were called we're all bad. Some were.. like the one on Jeff, he was digging up at the ball when the boy was dribbling out from his body. He made no contact with the boy. If you can't rip a boy when he's dribbling like that then I guess I misunderstood. Then the #3 from Kirby had 2 elbows in #40s back shoving him under the goal "boxing out" it's little stuff like that that may or may not have made a difference. And that one on Jeff is the one coach smith said was ridiculous. You just don't call that at the end. The Kirby boy got it back immediately anyway. Best game I've seen this year though. Highly competitive. Felt Kirby had the edge right up until the end

BannerChaser95

I felt as if Emerson controlled their own destiny haha.  No calls were the highest. I don't know who Jeff is but I'm presuming you meant 30. It was a weaker call but he was up on him and extending his arm with a ref directly behind him. Would I have called It? Maybe not. But I think we can both say that with a minute to go while up. That's not a smart play. ESPECIALLY, with the lead. If you know you have 4. I'm making my 5th count. Great game. The length of Emerson in my opinion and the 3 sophomore guards from Kirby having troubles getting it across half court.

yesteryearman

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 25, 2016, 09:48:13 pm
I felt as if Emerson controlled their own destiny haha.  No calls were the highest. I don't know who Jeff is but I'm presuming you meant 30. It was a weaker call but he was up on him and extending his arm with a ref directly behind him. Would I have called It? Maybe not. But I think we can both say that with a minute to go while up. That's not a smart play. ESPECIALLY, with the lead. If you know you have 4. I'm making my 5th count. Great game. The length of Emerson in my opinion and the 3 sophomore guards from Kirby having troubles getting it across half court.

Sounds like a good game........did Revels play the whole way

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 25, 2016, 10:12:02 pm
Quote from: BannerChaser95 on January 25, 2016, 09:48:13 pm

Sounds like a good game........did Revels play the whole way

Yeah. Was out for maybe 20 seconds at one point

hawgfan15

Kirby is a really tough place to win regardless of the officiating. Sounds like it was a great game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas