• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bay--even years

Started by yesteryearman, January 23, 2016, 03:58:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Silky Johnson

Nope lol I'd just like to add Bay picked up big wins in 2011-2012 even though they didn't repeat. Won a battle with Earle on a neutral site in maybe the best game they played that year. Earle won 3A state and no team they played in state kept it within single digits.

Catfish

Bay and Wonderview were both REALLY good in 2010. I played against both teams actually. Lost both games. Bay was actually the better team in my opinion. Lost to WV by 4, and Bay by 20 lol

Silky Johnson

now we know where the resentment comes from haha jk. If we beat you 20 you must be from concord. You guys had shooters and Cornett had you guys going from the one game I saw before you played Bay. The Thomas kid was big and could score, I bet he got 5-6 and 1's on us from shooting jumpers at the FT line and idk that he missed a free throw. Even if a few would be considered flopping he could sell the foul.

Catfish

You're correct sir I am! Lol yes y'all beat us 64-44 I believe. It was my sophomore year. Also 64-44 the next year in the 2nd round  >:( Yes Chase Thomas was a very good player! If he would have worked on his game out of practice he could have went somewhere and played. He actually walked on at Arkansas Tech, but was only there for a semester if I remember right. Coach Cornett is a GREAT coach! And no I'm not just saying that because I played for him. Last year he lead his team to the state tournament for the 7th straight year, and there was very little talent on last years roster.

Real deal

Conett = great coach. No doubt about that!!  Great program

Central Ark

2010 was down compared to 2009. Wonderview won state in 2010 and wasn't near as good as they were in 2009.

Silky Johnson

January 25, 2016, 10:02:18 pm #56 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 10:15:24 pm by Silky Johnson
Who did they have? The point was a soph., Zimmerman was a Jr. and Guy blew them out in the semis. Will say Van-Cove vs WV that year was a really good game in the quarters.

Wonderview won but it wasn't easy. Bradley is on their side but plays host Hillcrest, who lost bad to Bay and Ridgedield the week before. Hillcrest beats them than upsets conf. foe Mammoth Spring who I don't think they'd beaten all year. I think WV only beat them 8. bay beats guy, then in the finals WV had some good breaks. Bay might've beat them had they played them any other time. The guy that would've been Bay's MVP had 0 points in the finals game. 

Central Ark

Their best player in 09 was Sensabaugh(sp). He graduated that year. I know somebody who was a sophomore that year who agrees completely.

J.D.

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 25, 2016, 10:02:18 pm
Who did they have? The point was a soph., Zimmerman was a Jr. and Guy blew them out in the semis. Will say Van-Cove vs WV that year was a really good game in the quarters.

Wonderview won but it wasn't easy. Bradley is on their side but plays host Hillcrest, who lost bad to Bay and Ridgedield the week before. Hillcrest beats them than upsets conf. foe Mammoth Spring who I don't think they'd beaten all year. I think WV only beat them 8. bay beats guy, then in the finals WV had some good breaks. Bay might've beat them had they played them any other time. The guy that would've been Bay's MVP had 0 points in the finals game.

Van-Cove had a surplus of talent that year.  Apparently the egos on the team kept them from being as good as they could've been.   

J.D.

Quote from: Central Ark on January 25, 2016, 10:24:35 pm
Their best player in 09 was Sensabaugh(sp). He graduated that year. I know somebody who was a sophomore that year who agrees completely.

Had one of the best mid-range jumpers

Silky Johnson

I'll admit they were both better than bay that year from the game I saw. I think I know the guy you're talking about and he could score an was decent sized player. He was hard to guard. You're right also about Van-Cove having talent, big guys and a few who could shoot it. It was close wire to wire but they got down and looked to be out of gas but I remember them coming back an one guy just kept hitting 3's  and then getting a turnover into a easy bucket to make it 1 possession. What killed me was they got that far WV hits free throws and they just really wasted their last timeout. VC's best player dribbled around and shot a contested 40 footer when they were down only 1 or 2. The coaching advantage was def with Squires.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas