• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early Predictions for who comes out of each district/region

Started by BeastieBoy13, January 20, 2016, 05:58:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BeastieBoy13

Just starting a thread to see which teams people think can make it far now that we're in the second half

HorseFeathers

Region 1 boys
County line
Jasper
Western grove
Kingston

Region 2
Bay
Icc
Calico rock
Armorel?

Region 3
Guy
Shirley
Next 2 seed would be a toss up between mve/abundant life/nemo/wonderview/Westside/concord

Region 4
Emerson
Kirby
Nevada
Caddo hills

PuddlePirate12

For region 4 I predict:

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Kirby

Chicky

Region 1   
County Line would be my only sure pick.  The other three teams could be:
Jasper-sure pick first of season but have lost some key players, still have a captain that has been there over the years, though.
Kingston-key wins over teams in other district but can Parker keep them rolling.
Alpena-another preseason favorite but haven't performed to expections
Western Grove-darkhorse currently leading the pack in 1a east but no bench and being lead by a freshman
Omaha-currently 5th in 1a east but could be closer to the top if the ball had bounced differently in about four games.
Deer-currently in 6th place...same issue as Omaha but, they are moving up a freshman class that I don't think have been beaten.

CRHS4LIFE

Region 2:
1) Bay
2) ICC
3-4 Calico Rock or Norfork depending on who shows up for the 3rd place game.

Chicky

Missco

NEA Razorback olfan

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Chicky on January 20, 2016, 07:06:42 pm
Region 1   
Jasper-sure pick first of season but have lost some key players, still have a captain that has been there over the years, though.
Kingston-key wins over teams in other district but can Parker keep them rolling.
Western Grove-darkhorse currently leading the pack in 1a east but no bench and being lead by a freshman
Omaha-currently 5th in 1a east but could be closer to the top if the ball had bounced differently in about four games.
Deer-currently in 6th place...same issue as Omaha but, they are moving up a freshman class that I don't think have been beaten.

Who is the western grove freshman?

yesteryearman

January 21, 2016, 07:11:06 am #9 Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 07:12:56 am by yesteryearman
4quote author=PuddlePirate12 link=topic=146122.msg3310261#msg3310261 date=1453337475]
For region 4 I predict:

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Kirby
[/quote]

If Revels doesn't come around, and even if he does I can see Nevada winning Region 4.  They are undoubtedly the most talented team in that Region, with 8-10 guys that can play.  The one time I saw them play their coaching was much better than it has been in the past.  If they get confidence and get on a run I could see them getting to the state finals in the bracket opposite Bay, Guy and the runnerup from Region 4.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Chicky on January 20, 2016, 07:06:42 pm
Region 1   

Deer moves up the best freshman class at the end of the year but Alpena will move up the best 9th grader in the conference.  Alpena's 9th grader can go and could be a difference maker.

Chicky

PuddlePirate12

Also regions is at Caddo and I see their boys are undefeated in district. I'm guessing they have not played Kirby yet. But they could slip in at 3 or 4

Silky Johnson

1- County line
    Jasper
    Western grove
    Alpena

2- Bay
     ICC
      Calico rock
    Armorel
3- Guy-Perkins
    Shirley
    Nemo Vista
    Concord

4- Emerson
    Nevada
    Kirby
    Caddo hills

yesteryearman

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 21, 2016, 10:59:17 pm
1- County line
    Jasper
    Western grove
    Alpena

2- Bay
     ICC
      Calico rock
    Armorel
3- Guy-Perkins
    Shirley
    Nemo Vista
    Concord

4- Emerson
    Nevada
    Kirby
    Caddo hills

I'm thinking that Nevada could well be top seed from Region 4....that said, if Nevada pulls off upset in District, that will put Emerson on Kirby side of bracket at Region, and Emerson having to play Kirby at Caddo Hills could push Emerson to a possible 3 seed.   In years past a Nevada/Kirby matchup, especially played at Caddo Hills would favor Kirby, but as I've written before, somehow Nevada's coaching seems to be better and more controlled this year.  They certainly have the most talent out of that Region. 

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 22, 2016, 06:10:29 am
1- County line
    Jasper
    Western grove
    Alpena

2- Bay
     ICC
      Calico rock
    Armorel
3- Guy-Perkins
    Shirley
    Nemo Vista
    Concord

4- Emerson
    Nevada
    Kirby
    Caddo hills

I'm thinking that Nevada could well be top seed from Region 4....that said, if Nevada pulls off upset in District, that will put Emerson on Kirby side of bracket at Region, and Emerson having to play Kirby at Caddo Hills could push Emerson to a possible 3 seed.   In years past a Nevada/Kirby matchup, especially played at Caddo Hills would favor Kirby, but as I've written before, somehow Nevada's coaching seems to be better and more controlled this year.  They certainly have the most talent out of that Region.

Both Nevada and Bradley beat Kirby @ Kirby.

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 22, 2016, 07:55:48 am
1- County line
    Jasper
    Western grove
    Alpena

2- Bay
     ICC
      Calico rock
    Armorel
3- Guy-Perkins
    Shirley
    Nemo Vista
    Concord

4- Emerson
    Nevada
    Kirby
    Caddo hills

I thought that Kirby's best player either was hurt or had been hurt during the year?  Still, I would be apprehensive about having to play Kirby in what would be essentially a home game, to get to the Regional Championship game.  I guess we will know more because according to the schedule Emerson plays at Kirby next week I think.  With Revels not playing or not at full strength  it will be a very tough game for Emerson.  If they are still undefeated that might be a good game to get that monkey off their backs.

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 22, 2016, 07:55:48 am
1- County line
    Jasper
    Western grove
    Alpena

2- Bay
     ICC
      Calico rock
    Armorel
3- Guy-Perkins
    Shirley
    Nemo Vista
    Concord

4- Emerson
    Nevada
    Kirby
    Caddo hills

Saw where Nevada beat Trinity by about 20 at Trinity.  Now that may not be saying a lot, appears that Trinity isn't playing up to the early season hype.....but, as far as Nevada is concerned, if you look at their games since Christmas they have played some very tough teams very close, and easily won all the games they should win.  When I saw them play at Emerson I got the impression that Emerson played very tight, missed lots of easy shots and free throws, and appeared that it dawned on Nevada that they could play with and beat Emerson.  Going into the game I don't think that  they believed they could beat Emerson and when they got down by 12 they probably thought here we go again.  But they fought back, and as I've said, I believe that Nevada can be very dangerous in District, Region and State.   I think that it also says that, as in the past several years, Region 4 may be the toughest top to bottom.  May not have the absolute best team, but the 3 or 4 seeds can compete very well with the top seeds from all Regions, with exception of Guy and Bay.

PuddlePirate12

Bradley got put out in regionals last year. Losing by a couple points in OT to an Acorn team that made the semifinals. Region 4 is not as strong as last year but compared to a couple of the teams that made state last year they're all tough.

BoxNOne

If Bay boys don't win their district and regional, it will be very surprising news to me. Girls will win district and will have a shot at ICC girls at home in regional.

J.D.

Quote from: BoxNOne on January 23, 2016, 11:21:32 am
If Bay boys don't win their district and regional, it will be very surprising news to me. Girls will win district and will have a shot at ICC girls at home in regional.

I like the girl's chances to win. 

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 23, 2016, 11:02:16 am
Bradley got put out in regionals last year. Losing by a couple points in OT to an Acorn team that made the semifinals. Region 4 is not as strong as last year but compared to a couple of the teams that made state last year they're all tough.

From what I've read it doesn't sound like Kirby is as good as last year, but I believe their best player has been out some of the time.  I saw Nevada couple of times last year, and the one time I saw them at Emerson this year I think they are better than last year.  Essentially the same team, just a year more experience, and their coaching appears to be more solid.  There may not be a 4 seed that will get hot like Acorn did last year but Kirby will always have excellent coaching and will not beat themselves.  Nevada is a real wild card, they could get hot and run the table all the way to the finals.  I've only seen Emerson twice, and they seemed to play very tight both times, and with the problems with Revels health at this point I don't see them quite as strong as last year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 23, 2016, 03:22:38 pm

From what I've read it doesn't sound like Kirby is as good as last year, but I believe their best player has been out some of the time.  I saw Nevada couple of times last year, and the one time I saw them at Emerson this year I think they are better than last year.  Essentially the same team, just a year more experience, and their coaching appears to be more solid.  There may not be a 4 seed that will get hot like Acorn did last year but Kirby will always have excellent coaching and will not beat themselves.  Nevada is a real wild card, they could get hot and run the table all the way to the finals.  I've only seen Emerson twice, and they seemed to play very tight both times, and with the problems with Revels health at this point I don't see them quite as strong as last year.
Watched Kirby at jessieville before christmas....they're alright, but nowhere near guy or bay imo....

Ballhearts

1- County line
    Jasper
    Western grove
    Alpena

2- Bay
     ICC
      Calico rock
    Armorel
3- Guy-Perkins
    Shirley
    Nemo Vista
    Concord

4- Emerson
    Nevada
    Kirby
    Caddo hills

shirley finish 2nd in region are they better then nemo and concord havent heard much of shirley since begining of season when guy smoked them

Silky Johnson

Lol refer to statechamp09 he'll know. I just know really anyone could finish 2,3,4 between Shirley, Concord, Nemo Vista, WSGF, Mount Vernon-Enola, and maybe another team could sneak in.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 23, 2016, 03:22:38 pm

and Kirby beat Nevada and Bradley at their place(s) earlier in the year...

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Ballhearts12 on January 23, 2016, 05:31:35 pm
1- County line
    Jasper
    Western grove
    Alpena

2- Bay
     ICC
      Calico rock
    Armorel
3- Guy-Perkins
    Shirley
    Nemo Vista
    Concord

4- Emerson
    Nevada
    Kirby
    Caddo hills

shirley finish 2nd in region are they better then nemo and concord havent heard much of shirley since begining of season when guy smoked them
Concord split with Shirley and West Side, lost to Nemo in Greers Ferry Lake Classic, and lost to Guy earlier in the season, and beat MVE 10+.

ballmember

Guy Shirley Nemo Concord   vs    Bay ICC Calico Norfork;

Guy beats Norfork; Shirley beats Calico; ICC beats Nemo and Bay beats Concord in  STATE.  Region 2 plays Region 3 this year.   

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: HF on January 20, 2016, 06:05:17 pm
Region 1 boys
County line

I saw CL this past Friday night against Mulberry. They have their usual teepee of good shooters,  but it is their big guy down low who is the difference maker for them. Mulberry is not too bad, but they were giving up 2" in height and 20# per man, and just did not have the horses.

Silky Johnson

Region 2 does play region 3 but I'm gonna take Calico over Shirley if they play. I think CR might've beaten them once this year, not that that means anything.

HorseFeathers

Shirley played guy to a 9 point game in their 2nd game...

Catfish

Quote from: HF on January 25, 2016, 06:30:35 pm

Shirley has improved a lot since the beginning of the year. Definitely wouldn't sleep on them. And I'm agreeing with you btw HF!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on January 25, 2016, 06:38:37 pm
Quote from: HF on January 25, 2016, 06:30:35 pm

Shirley has improved a lot since the beginning of the year. Definitely wouldn't sleep on them. And I'm agreeing with you btw HF!

I don't know how good they are lol....just know that over the last 10 years the 2s has produced a lot of solid teams...and Shirley is leading the 2s...so theycan't be to bad lol

PuddlePirate12

Saw Bradley boys beat Trinity Christian 80-50 last night. That makes 5 losses for TC in conference and still have to play Emerson @ Emerson Friday. So for district I think it'll be:

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Trinity
--Emerson and Nevada could be swapped

And for regionals I predict

1. Emerson
2.Nevada
3. Kirby
4. Bradley
--1-3 all pretty even but I feel like Emerson and Nevada are the stronger of the group. Kirby is the most disciplined, Nevada the most athletic, and Emerson the most experienced. Should be a strong region again this year

CRHS4LIFE

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 25, 2016, 01:24:42 pm
Region 2 does play region 3 but I'm gonna take Calico over Shirley if they play. I think CR might've beaten them once this year, not that that means anything.

Calico Rock 54-44 over Shirley on January 4th

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 03, 2016, 02:10:18 pm
Saw Bradley boys beat Trinity Christian 80-50 last night. That makes 5 losses for TC in conference and still have to play Emerson @ Emerson Friday. So for district I think it'll be:

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Trinity

1. Emerson
2.Nevada
3. Kirby
4. Bradley
--1-3 all pretty even but I feel like Emerson and Nevada are the stronger of the group. Kirby is the most disciplined, Nevada the most athletic, and Emerson the most experienced. Should be a strong region again this year

IMO the posts across the various topics the last couple of weeks have been sort of vanilla.  Kind of miss the give and take that I have enjoyed reading in the past.  So, to possibly get some  inputs going I decided to project about the next several weeks.   Up front let me qualify that everything I say about Emerson is under the assumption that Revels is in the line-up and is effective.

First, I traveled from the Grove to Emerson to watch Emerson vs Trinity.  Emerson won by "only" 9pts and some will say that Emerson is not playing as well, and that they have the district wrapped up, and that Revels was out most of 4th quarter.  I would observe that Emerson is as good as ever, and that Trinity is not a bad ball team.  In fact, their big guy is probably as good as any big man in 1A across the state.  Sure, they have lost some games by double digits this year, but I am talking about how teams are playing now, and how they may play over next several weeks.  In fact, I think that Trinity, if they can make it out of Regional, would stack up well against any of the lower, or higher seeds, for that matter, from any of the other Regions, with possible exception of Bay/Guy.  Look at Acorn last year, 4 seed out of Region 4, and they make it to semi's and I believe this Trinity team is as good as that Acorn team.  Granted they do not have a scorer like Sky Jackson, but they have a very good big man who could carry them in "one and done" type games.  Also, they have another very good three point shooter.  Now, I'm not necessarily jumping on the band wagon for Trinity, because the same can be said for Bradley, Nevada, Kirby, Emerson, Caddo Hills.  Which brings me to the point that Region 4 is very, very tough, and that any of the seeds from that Region will likely go far into the tournament.  Look at how Region 4 has done last couple of years.  Yes, the high seeds may have fallen hard in some years (Bradley, Stephens), but recently they have done very well.  So, I am saying that it could be very likely that a Trinity, Bradley, Kirby, Caddo, Emerson, Nevada coming out of Region 4 as a lower seed will do quite well in the tournament.  Bottom line, your Western Groves, Shirleys, Calico Rocks,  County Lines, Kingstons, etc, will not present to low Region 4 seeds any challenge they will not have seen in the Region 4 tournament.  So, if you want to see some real competitive basketball come to the 7E District tournament or the Region 4 Regional tournament.    Likely had it not been for a move-in who could score 50 at will, you would have had a Region 4 final four last year.  Ok, surely I've said something  to peak some interest, one way or the other.  And if none of this comes to pass, yes I have the salt and pepper ready.

PuddlePirate12

+1. Last year I was thinking to myself someone like Bradley would be a bigger threat in state than a Nemo Vista or Concord. And as far as being the toughest region in years past and possibly this year I agree. And Emerson's district is likely the toughest district. To be a one seed in regionals Emerson will likely have to beat 4. Trinity Christian and then 2. Nevada. That's two state tournament teams in 2 days.. In the district tournament! Same goes for Nevada.. Will have to beat 3. Bradley and then likely 1. Emerson or even if it was 4. Nevada that's no easy matchup. Then will likely face off with Nevada or Kirby in regional finals.. Meanwhile some teams won't get a solid matchup until regional finals, if then. Yes this is tournament time and anything can and will happen but come on. Nobody can argue their region is stronger than region 4 this year. But that is a good thing for Emerson IMO. They'll be getting tested from now until the end. They'll have plenty of good competition (starting this Friday @ Blevins) to prepare them for state tournament. They may get absolutely exhausted playing that level of competition every game. It will be fun to watch for sure

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 07, 2016, 12:55:41 pm

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Trinity

1. Emerson
2.Nevada
3. Kirby
4. Bradley

IMO the posts across the various topics the last couple of weeks have been sort of vanilla.  Kind of miss the give and take that I have enjoyed reading in the past.  So, to possibly get some  inputs going I decided to project about the next several weeks.   Up front let me qualify that everything I say about Emerson is under the assumption that Revels is in the line-up and is effective.

First, I traveled from the Grove to Emerson to watch Emerson vs Trinity.  Emerson won by "only" 9pts and some will say that Emerson is not playing as well, and that they have the district wrapped up, and that Revels was out most of 4th quarter.  I would observe that Emerson is as good as ever, and that Trinity is not a bad ball team.  In fact, their big guy is probably as good as any big man in 1A across the state.  Sure, they have lost some games by double digits this year, but I am talking about how teams are playing now, and how they may play over next several weeks.  In fact, I think that Trinity, if they can make it out of Regional, would stack up well against any of the lower, or higher seeds, for that matter, from any of the other Regions, with possible exception of Bay/Guy.  Look at Acorn last year, 4 seed out of Region 4, and they make it to semi's and I believe this Trinity team is as good as that Acorn team.  Granted they do not have a scorer like Sky Jackson, but they have a very good big man who could carry them in "one and done" type games.  Also, they have another very good three point shooter.  Now, I'm not necessarily jumping on the band wagon for Trinity, because the same can be said for Bradley, Nevada, Kirby, Emerson, Caddo Hills.  Which brings me to the point that Region 4 is very, very tough, and that any of the seeds from that Region will likely go far into the tournament.  Look at how Region 4 has done last couple of years.  Yes, the high seeds may have fallen hard in some years (Bradley, Stephens), but recently they have done very well.  So, I am saying that it could be very likely that a Trinity, Bradley, Kirby, Caddo, Emerson, Nevada coming out of Region 4 as a lower seed will do quite well in the tournament.  Bottom line, your Western Groves, Shirleys, Calico Rocks,  County Lines, Kingstons, etc, will not present to low Region 4 seeds any challenge they will not have seen in the Region 4 tournament.  So, if you want to see some real competitive basketball come to the 7E District tournament or the Region 4 Regional tournament.    Likely had it not been for a move-in who could score 50 at will, you would have had a Region 4 final four last year.  Ok, surely I've said something  to peak some interest, one way or the other.  And if none of this comes to pass, yes I have the salt and pepper ready.

All that said, and region 4 will still not bring home a title 8)

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on February 07, 2016, 01:14:37 pm

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Trinity

1. Emerson
2.Nevada
3. Kirby
4. Bradley

You may be right, only a ringer (do I hear Watson or Ballard) would prevent it

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 07, 2016, 01:18:44 pm

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Trinity

1. Emerson
2.Nevada
3. Kirby
4. Bradley

Same story, different year? Followed 1a since 2008...7 years the south is the best...7 years of early exits, semi finals chokes, and untimely injuries....this may be their year(in hoping for guy-Emerson in the finals), but history is against them....

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on February 07, 2016, 01:23:25 pm
Quote from: yesteryearman on February 07, 2016, 01:18:44 pm

1. Emerson
2. Nevada
3. Bradley
4. Trinity

1. Emerson
2.Nevada
3. Kirby
4. Bradley

Same story, different year? Followed 1a since 2008...7 years the south is the best...7 years of early exits, semi finals chokes, and untimely injuries....this may be their year(in hoping for guy-Emerson in the finals), but history is against them....

"Those who don't know history are.......doomed to repeat it", so knowing the history maybe it won't be repeated this year......it is just that recently some have been able to bend history so that ends justifies the means.   And that has had nothing to do with chokes, injuries, or early exits.

HorseFeathers

Emerson is the last current region 4 team to win state....maybe they repeat that history?

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on February 07, 2016, 01:45:19 pm
Emerson is the last current region 4 team to win state....maybe they repeat that history?

Unless you are just exceptionally better than everybody else, like Bay last year, whoever wins it will have to be very good, healthy, and maybe catch a break here or there.  Will that be Emerson, Bay, Guy, Nevada, etc, time will tell.  Just saying that Region 4 could likely have more teams advance in tournament than other Regions.  Can one of them win it all, yea, recent history says not likely, but odds should be tilting their way.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on February 07, 2016, 02:21:13 pm
Quote from: HF on February 07, 2016, 01:45:19 pm

Unless you are just exceptionally better than everybody else, like Bay last year, whoever wins it will have to be very good, healthy, and maybe catch a break here or there.  Will that be Emerson, Bay, Guy, Nevada, etc, time will tell.  Just saying that Region 4 could likely have more teams advance in tournament than other Regions.  Can one of them win it all, yea, recent history says not likely, but odds should be tilting their way.

I think some of the past teams, especially Stephens, we're just freakishly athletic. Didn't have a great coach IMO. A smart team could and did beat them. Emerson to me is not super athletic. Not like other 1a teams I've seen. They play smart when needed. I hope they're as good as I think. To me they're well ahead of last years team. If last years team was down 8 going in to the fourth I would assume it's over. This years team I would feel like they're gonna win until the buzzer sounds and they're losing. Like Friday against TC, up 5 with 6 minutes left and Revels goes out. They pushed the lead up to 9 by playing smart and under control. I never saw a Stephens team do either of those things

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas