• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores 1/26/2016

Started by HorseFeathers, January 19, 2016, 07:33:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Central Ark

Yeah AAA is not going to investigate crap. They're good as long as the listed address is in the district.

riccoar

I'm new to the 1A level, but did ask someone about the Guy thing.  Apparently that coach does have a reputation for kids showing up at his school is what was explained to me.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on January 25, 2016, 09:26:08 am
I'm new to the 1A level, but did ask someone about the Guy thing.  Apparently that coach does have a reputation for kids showing up at his school is what was explained to me.

He does indeed

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 21, 2016, 03:43:37 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 21, 2016, 12:43:51 pm
Seeing Guy play in previous years and this year what would happen if Guy had to win the game defensively? In 2010 they couldn't do it but It may have to happen at least once this post season. Comparing last year even if Bay didn't have the normal game Watson would've had a field day scoring. He dropped 50 on BIC last year with people hanging on him and they had 4 different guys trying to guard him. One of them was probably the best 2A player for a good part of the year and had a 4-5 inch height advantage on Watson.

I went back and looked at the 27 games Guy has played....they are averaging 78 and giving up 55 (which is what Bay scored.   I said in another forum that in the past Hutchcraft's teams were capable of playing a more controlled half-court game against capable opponents.  And indeed when you look at their "quality" wins this year they gave up 55 to Bay, 53 and 69 to Shirley, 41 to Lonoke, 71 to 2 Rivers, 56 to Dardanelle, and 51 to Providence Academy.    So they may be able to lockdown when they have to.

I got bored and wanted to see how Guy and Emerson compare number wise. Don't know anything about any of the teams that guy has played besides Bay really so take this for what it's worth. In Emerson's 20 wins (they have 21 but one was a forfeit) they're averaging 65 and giving up 45. So their offense is 13 points below Guy on average and their defense is holding teams to 10 points less than guy. So that's relatively close.. +3 points for Guy. You listed 7 quality wins for Guy in which they're averaging giving up a little over 49 points. In Emerson's 7 most quality wins they're averaging giving up 55 even.. So relatively close again. The 7 teams I chose as Emerson's were Kirby with 65, County Line with 49, Junction City with 48, Nevada with 60 and 54, Marshall with 57 and Smackover with 52. I feel like these two teams could matchup well with one another. I still feel as if Bay is the team to beat though. They've got atleast 3 really good players (Layne, Pritchett, Crain) that could all get hot any night. Guy had one that I know of.. I'm sure there are others. And Emerson has 2 that are capable of scoring 30 and one other that could score close to 20 (not necessarily all on the same night). Plus Bay beat Emerson by 5 last year then 40 something in the state finals.. Pretty good adjustment there. Lost to guy earlier but you know they'll adjust. Would be interesting to see how Bay compares. I don't know they're 7 most quality wins or I would check myself.

PuddlePirate12

Nevadas numbers.. Averaging 59 giving up 44.. 7 best wins=Shirley 54, Trinity Christian 42 and 47, Kirby 57, Bradley 37 (Nevada only had 39.. Not sure about this) and 48, Tuckerman 39. That average is 46 ppg. Their 7 most quality opponents were Emerson 64 and 56, Kirby 69 and 57, Jessieville 55, Shirley 54, and Dermott 57.. This average is 59 and they were 2-5 in those 7 games. Doesn't compare to Emerson or Guy but don't underestimate them. You'll lose

Silky Johnson

A few good wins for Bay were Clarksville 75-31 @Jonesboro without Pritchett, @Flippin against West Plains, MO 79-76 OT,  @Flippin 67-44 over Yellville-Summitt, then beating Izard County 69-43 and East Poinsett Co. 64-40 back to back days to win the NEA tournament.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 25, 2016, 01:39:33 pm
A few good wins for Bay were Clarksville 75-31 @Jonesboro without Pritchett, @Flippin against West Plains, MO 79-76 OT,  @Flippin 67-44 over Yellville-Summitt, then beating Izard County 69-43 and East Poinsett Co. 64-40 back to back days to win the NEA tournament.

That's 49 ppg on defense. So same as Guy

Silky Johnson

January 25, 2016, 02:35:20 pm #57 Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 02:38:04 pm by Silky Johnson
There've been games against Hillcrest and Maynard where they hardly played any defense and held them to 29 and 27 points respectively. Opponent and flow of the game can affect these stats. Controlling the tempo can also do it. Armorel and Izard county holding the ball most of the game last year in regionals made me think we wouldn't get over 20 pts but we got it going.

NEArkie

Bay Boys play @ EPC tonight

Thechosen1

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 25, 2016, 12:45:06 pm
Seeing Guy play in previous years and this year what would happen if Guy had to win the game defensively? In 2010 they couldn't do it but It may have to happen at least once this post season. Comparing last year even if Bay didn't have the normal game Watson would've had a field day scoring. He dropped 50 on BIC last year with people hanging on him and they had 4 different guys trying to guard him. One of them was probably the best 2A player for a good part of the year and had a 4-5 inch height advantage on Watson.

I went back and looked at the 27 games Guy has played....they are averaging 78 and giving up 55 (which is what Bay scored.   I said in another forum that in the past Hutchcraft's teams were capable of playing a more controlled half-court game against capable opponents.  And indeed when you look at their "quality" wins this year they gave up 55 to Bay, 53 and 69 to Shirley, 41 to Lonoke, 71 to 2 Rivers, 56 to Dardanelle, and 51 to Providence Academy.    So they may be able to lockdown when they have to.

I got bored and wanted to see how Guy and Emerson compare number wise. Don't know anything about any of the teams that guy has played besides Bay really so take this for what it's worth. In Emerson's 20 wins (they have 21 but one was a forfeit) they're averaging 65 and giving up 45. So their offense is 13 points below Guy on average and their defense is holding teams to 10 points less than guy. So that's relatively close.. +3 points for Guy. You listed 7 quality wins for Guy in which they're averaging giving up a little over 49 points. In Emerson's 7 most quality wins they're averaging giving up 55 even.. So relatively close again. The 7 teams I chose as Emerson's were Kirby with 65, County Line with 49, Junction City with 48, Nevada with 60 and 54, Marshall with 57 and Smackover with 52. I feel like these two teams could matchup well with one another. I still feel as if Bay is the team to beat though. They've got atleast 3 really good players (Layne, Pritchett, Crain) that could all get hot any night. Guy had one that I know of.. I'm sure there are others. And Emerson has 2 that are capable of scoring 30 and one other that could score close to 20 (not necessarily all on the same night). Plus Bay beat Emerson by 5 last year then 40 something in the state finals.. Pretty good adjustment there. Lost to guy earlier but you know they'll adjust. Would be interesting to see how Bay compares. I don't know they're 7 most quality wins or I would check myself.

But what has happened to Emerson's offense since Christmas.  In the 9 games since Christmas break they are averaging 59 which is 6 below the season's average, plus in order to get the average as high as 59 they played Taylor, Sparkman, some really poor teams.  Their defense is holding on giving up average of 43 pts/game since the break.  I know that Revels has been out some of the time, but it sounds like #30 and their three point shooters are in kind of a slump.  As they head into tournaments and quality competition they likely won't be able to hold quality competition to under 50 pts. 

PuddlePirate12

January 26, 2016, 02:05:26 pm #61 Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 02:07:53 pm by PuddlePirate12
Quote from: yesteryearman on January 26, 2016, 01:29:56 pm
Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 25, 2016, 12:45:06 pm

But what has happened to Emerson's offense since Christmas.  In the 9 games since Christmas break they are averaging 59 which is 6 below the season's average, plus in order to get the average as high as 59 they played Taylor, Sparkman, some really poor teams.  Their defense is holding on giving up average of 43 pts/game since the break.  I know that Revels has been out some of the time, but it sounds like #30 and their three point shooters are in kind of a slump.  As they head into tournaments and quality competition they likely won't be able to hold quality competition to under 50 pts.

You're right I bet Guy hasn't played any weak competition to get their numbers up. And anytime you lose you're best player and team leader for a few games you can expect to drop off. Bay did when they lost Pritchett. Guy would if they lost Ballard. Golden State did when they lost Curry. And they held quality competition Kirby under 50 last night

Silky Johnson

Guy is good, they beat good and bad teams but I think Guy may just have cupcakes left idk? Honestly though Bay gutted out the hurricane classic. Layne was the only shooter we had and he was covered up and Valley view defended us well. Maybe we win without Pritchett but they were much deeper than us and Gortan got to the bucket a lot. Forrest city is #3 in 5a right now and we led the whole way but defense got lazy and we ran out of gas. Held Glasper to 10-12 pts but they had other guys step up. Will say Crain dropped 38 points that game and played his butt off. I feel like if we had Pritchett we would've won because I think we lost by 6-8. No one ever quit though and I think they represented their program and 1A well. Blytheville he played but it was like the first game back and we weren't in sync together and had too many untimely turnovers. They were better that night but I wish we had another game with these teams instead of playing in our district lol we might be able to win but it would also just test them more than playing teams they've already clocked twice.

NEArkie

Was told ...Bay over EPC 64-56 @ EPC

Silky Johnson

Bay wins at EPC 64-56 missed a couple free throws at the end but hit the majority. Bay had foul trouble and EPC led most of the game but off of a missed dunk Bay scored 3 straight possessions and got to control the clock at the end an got up 10.

PuddlePirate12

Saw ICC boys won 54-38. Walker had 28

Silky Johnson

I think that was over Calico rock. Bay got a tough road win tonight at EPC and if they continue to play like they are they'll be fine. Having regionals at home and going into post season mode for the program they just never looked nervous tonight even when they got down 10, fought back but then got down 8 or so again they just kept fighting. It could mean bad news for Calico rock and Izard county if we do our part an win the first regional game.

TheOfficial

Western Grove boys by 2 over Lead Hill.

HorseFeathers

Sacred heart girls over WV by 1...they hit a 3 at the buzzer to win.
Sacred heart boys over WV 78-70 in double overtime

Silky Johnson

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 26, 2016, 09:16:31 pm
Bay wins at EPC 64-56 missed a couple free throws at the end but hit the majority. Bay had foul trouble and EPC led most of the game but off of a missed dunk Bay scored 3 straight possessions and got to control the clock at the end an got up 10.

Pritchett had 26, Crain had 12, and McFadden had 10. Taylor Layne had to have had 6-8 points and Nolan Smith had a few buckets in the second half that kept it close when they were down. 24-10 4th quarter was the difference.

Oldref

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 27, 2016, 10:55:16 am
Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 26, 2016, 09:16:31 pm

Pritchett had 26, Crain had 12, and McFadden had 10. Taylor Layne had to have had 6-8 points and Nolan Smith had a few buckets in the second half that kept it close when they were down. 24-10 4th quarter was the difference.
Layne and Crain both sat in first half due to foul trouble . Layne picked up two fouls first 4 minutes and didn't come back in till second half. Nolan smith came in played good.

riccoar

Westside GF, Boys and Girls, both won last night against Rural Special

Catfish

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 21, 2016, 03:37:15 pm
Ballard will not score 40 or 50 against bay if he does bay wins by 20.

Lol

playhard

January 28, 2016, 05:56:47 pm #73 Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 09:37:39 pm by playhard
Wonderview @ SH. SH wins both Sr High games boys in 2OT girls on last second shot in regulation.  WV girls had 12 or 14 pt lead early in 4Q. SH girls shot over 20 ft's In the game WV 4 or 5. You kind of expect that when playing @ SH though.

NEArkie

Sr Girls
Bay - 60
Marmaduke - 53
Final

NEArkie

Sr Boys
@ Rivercrest - 60
Bay - 59
Final 2OT

Thechosen1

Terrible loss for bay boys. Just beat them 81-40 last week

NEA Razorback olfan

redandgray

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 28, 2016, 09:37:58 pm
Terrible loss for bay boys. Just beat them 81-40 last week
Rivercrest has been really bad this year, but 3 starters were out in that 41 point loss.

Oldref

Bay Sr boys over Maynard tonight at Bay 63-24.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas