• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores 1/26/2016

Started by HorseFeathers, January 19, 2016, 07:33:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

January 19, 2016, 07:33:41 pm Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 11:50:31 am by HF
Norfork-Iccpostponed at half of girls game due to weather

NEArkie

Sr. Boys

Bay - 50
Rivercrest - 28
Halftime

NEArkie

Bay - 71
Rivercrest - 32
End of 3rd

CRHS4LIFE

What was the score at half? What is the procedure of a game post-poned midway?

NEArkie

Bay - 81
Rivercrest - 40
Final

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on January 19, 2016, 07:33:41 pm

I've heard that Harding and Rice University were there to watch Cooper (Jr.)from ICC square off against Dodson (Soph) at Norfork.  Media says game was called at half with ICC up 22-20.
Cooper having 13 and Dodson having 12.
Rumor has it that Jimmy Dykes was going to be there but weather didn't allow it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 19, 2016, 09:57:14 pm
Quote from: HF on January 19, 2016, 07:33:41 pm

I've heard that Harding and Rice University were there to watch Cooper (Jr.)from ICC square off against Dodson (Soph) at Norfork.  Media says game was called at half with ICC up 22-20.
Cooper having 13 and Dodson having 12.
Rumor has it that Jimmy Dykes was going to be there but weather didn't allow it.

That's the same score I seen

PuddlePirate12

Emerson 51
Bradley 39

Revels did not play

Bradley girls beat Emerson girls. Not sure of the score

BasketballFan8680

Whats been wrong with Jefferson lately PuddlePirate12 ? Here lately he looks to pass more than he shoots ... & how long will Revels be out ?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on January 19, 2016, 11:42:19 pm
Whats been wrong with Jefferson lately PuddlePirate12 ? Here lately he looks to pass more than he shoots ... & how long will Revels be out ?

I would say that's what's right with Jefferson. Emerson's a better team when he gets several assists. I'd rather see him do what he did last night than shoot 20+ times even if he scores 20+ points. He's so good at getting in the lane and drawing off defenders. All it takes is a dump down low or a kick out and that's what he was doing last night. And Revels is ready to go whenever. Just resting him as long as they can due to his history of getting injured. He's played some long rough minutes this season

Bigbird2012

I agree Pudldle. Jefferson needs to realize that he is a point guard/play maker not a shooter. There have been some games where he plays smart and plays as a team player and then sometimes its like he goes brain dead and thinks he has to shoot every single time he touches the ball even if there are 4 people on him. I enjoy watching AAU ball in the summer and for some kids it really helps them but in his case it wasn't all good. A lot of it has to do with the volunteer coaches that allow them to run up and down the court and play undisciplined basketball and send them back to their high school coaches and it takes them half the season to get them back to playing right.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Bigbird2012 on January 20, 2016, 09:26:49 am
I agree Pudldle. Jefferson needs to realize that he is a point guard/play maker not a shooter. There have been some games where he plays smart and plays as a team player and then sometimes its like he goes brain dead and thinks he has to shoot every single time he touches the ball even if there are 4 people on him. I enjoy watching AAU ball in the summer and for some kids it really helps them but in his case it wasn't all good. A lot of it has to do with the volunteer coaches that allow them to run up and down the court and play undisciplined basketball and send them back to their high school coaches and it takes them half the season to get them back to playing right.

I agree. Under the right conditions AAU can be great. Other times it causes players to develop bad habits. I feel like Jeff is a great player and undoubtedly the best ball handler I've seen come through Emerson recently. Emerson is at their best when he takes his shots and sets others up. Sometimes in big games or close game situations he wants to be the one to take the shot and sometimes he may need to. But other times he needs to give it to Tavion. Jeffs time to be the go to man will be next year after Tavion graduates. This year he just needs to let the game come to him and take good open shots and set up his teammates. If he can do what he did last night with Revels on the court they'll be where they need to be. They're undefeated and I feel like they're best basketball is yet to come

Silky Johnson

Bay was pretty balanced against rivercrest last night in their 81-40 win.

Tyler Pritchett 27 pts
Taylor Layne 15 pts
Jonathan Crain 14 pts 10 Rebs
Robert McFadden 13 pts
Dustin Utley 10 assists

Batman44

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 20, 2016, 02:06:18 pm

Tyler Pritchett 27 pts
Taylor Layne 15 pts
Robert McFadden 13 pts
Dustin Utley 10 assists

Those numbers are hard to beat!!

yesteryearman

Quote from: Batman44 on January 20, 2016, 02:37:06 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 20, 2016, 02:06:18 pm

Tyler Pritchett 27 pts
Taylor Layne 15 pts
Robert McFadden 13 pts
Dustin Utley 10 assists

Except maybe by Guy......

Those numbers are hard to beat!!

Thechosen1

Those numbers didn't happen against guy or we wouldn't be talking about guy right now lol

yesteryearman

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 20, 2016, 04:04:55 pm
Those numbers didn't happen against guy or we wouldn't be talking about guy right now lol

I think that Bay could very well score 81 against Guy next time, but question is, can Bay keep Guy from scoring 82?  The way Guy is scoring, Ballard and couple of others typically get 82 by themselves.

Silky Johnson

January 20, 2016, 11:10:35 pm #17 Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 11:12:40 pm by Silky Johnson
Lol well Bay had 71 after 3. No one that usually plays was in the game in the 4th quarter when they had 10 points so maybe they can get 83 points in a game.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 20, 2016, 11:10:35 pm
Lol well Bay had 71 after 3. No one that usually plays was in the game in the 4th quarter when they had 10 points so maybe they can get 83 points in a game.

OK, then my early prediction is Guy 82 Bay 81 if Ballard gets over 50, and Bay 82 Guy 81 if Bay can hold Ballard under 50.    I haven't seen Ballard in person, have seen him on tapes....I did see Watson several times last year, and I am beginning to believe that Ballard is better....he is bigger, better jumper...yes he does play in a system that allows him to do a lot of freelance and run the floor, Watson may have been better shooter, but at this point I think Ballard has better upside...last year's Bay vs this year Guy would have been fun to watch.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 21, 2016, 07:07:34 am

OK, then my early prediction is Guy 82 Bay 81 if Ballard gets over 50, and Bay 82 Guy 81 if Bay can hold Ballard under 50.    I haven't seen Ballard in person, have seen him on tapes....I did see Watson several times last year, and I am beginning to believe that Ballard is better....he is bigger, better jumper...yes he does play in a system that allows him to do a lot of freelance and run the floor, Watson may have been better shooter, but at this point I think Ballard has better upside...last year's Bay vs this year Guy would have been fun to watch.

Isn't ballard just a sophomore?

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on January 21, 2016, 09:14:10 am

Isn't ballard just a sophomore?

Junior I think

PuddlePirate12

Has he scored 50 this year? All I heard was 44 their first game

Thechosen1

Woah Ballard is a good player but I wouldn't put him in the same category as Watson. Bay last year would've beat guy 15-20

Silky Johnson

January 21, 2016, 12:43:51 pm #23 Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 12:46:13 pm by Silky Johnson
Seeing Guy play in previous years and this year what would happen if Guy had to win the game defensively? In 2010 they couldn't do it but It may have to happen at least once this post season. Comparing last year even if Bay didn't have the normal game Watson would've had a field day scoring. He dropped 50 on BIC last year with people hanging on him and they had 4 different guys trying to guard him. One of them was probably the best 2A player for a good part of the year and had a 4-5 inch height advantage on Watson.

RedWolf275

Watson was a beast. Big games brought out the best in him. Bay not as good this year but are still capable of winning it all.

Thechosen1

Guy has a good team but I think with the lack luster defense they play Watson would've had a big night and bay was very hard to beat around state tournament time last year with everyone clicking. But truth is we will never know

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 21, 2016, 10:37:53 am
Has he scored 50 this year? All I heard was 44 their first game

I believe it will be a lot like the situation with Watson last year, when Watson needed to score 40 or 50 (like against Emerson) then he would score 40 or 50.  With Ballard it may be like Watson last year, if Ballard needs to score 50, then he probably will.

Thechosen1

Ballard will not score 40 or 50 against bay if he does bay wins by 20.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Silky Johnson on January 21, 2016, 12:43:51 pm
Seeing Guy play in previous years and this year what would happen if Guy had to win the game defensively? In 2010 they couldn't do it but It may have to happen at least once this post season. Comparing last year even if Bay didn't have the normal game Watson would've had a field day scoring. He dropped 50 on BIC last year with people hanging on him and they had 4 different guys trying to guard him. One of them was probably the best 2A player for a good part of the year and had a 4-5 inch height advantage on Watson.

I went back and looked at the 27 games Guy has played....they are averaging 78 and giving up 55 (which is what Bay scored.   I said in another forum that in the past Hutchcraft's teams were capable of playing a more controlled half-court game against capable opponents.  And indeed when you look at their "quality" wins this year they gave up 55 to Bay, 53 and 69 to Shirley, 41 to Lonoke, 71 to 2 Rivers, 56 to Dardanelle, and 51 to Providence Academy.    So they may be able to lockdown when they have to.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 21, 2016, 03:37:15 pm
Ballard will not score 40 or 50 against bay if he does bay wins by 20.

how many did he score back when they played earlier

bscinar

Ballard couldn't keep up with Watson - I've never seen a better big game presence at any level than what Colton brought.

yesteryearman

Quote from: bscinar on January 21, 2016, 08:11:22 pm
Ballard couldn't keep up with Watson - I've never seen a better big game presence at any level than what Colton brought.

Well we will see if the lack of his presence will again be a factor when Bay and Guy meet for the second time on March 5 (barring weather rescheduling) at ICC.   Start the hype now for the game of the year...Bay's program vs the  genius of Hutchcraft, who may well be undefeated at that time.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 22, 2016, 06:05:07 am

Well we will see if the lack of his presence will again be a factor when Bay and Guy meet for the second time on March 5 (barring weather rescheduling) at ICC.   Start the hype now for the game of the year...Bay's program vs the  genius of Hutchcraft, who may well be undefeated at that time.

The r word of guy?  Heard that guy has been investigated twice this year for recruiting allegations ...

Thechosen1

May still not be enough when the semis roll around in March...

Moonshiner

Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 07:03:36 am

The r word of guy?  Heard that guy has been investigated twice this year for recruiting allegations ...

Surely not.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 22, 2016, 03:25:01 pm
Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 07:03:36 am

Surely not.

Same player, two different schools filed lol

Thechosen1

HorseFeathers

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 04:58:02 pm
Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 22, 2016, 04:40:37 pm
What player?

Ballard...the only one not from guy

I believe Ballard played at Greenbrier last year, and just wonder what was the reason that he transferred to Guy?  Did his parents move into Guy's district, and/or is he Hutchcraft's grandson?   I don't know all the rules about School Choice, but I think there are some other rules when athletics are involved.  But, I would be really surprised if anything came of it, there have been some questionable move-ins in the past, Delph, and others, etc..that plus Hutchcraft's legend will likely prevent anything happening.

Thechosen1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 22, 2016, 05:05:17 pm
Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 04:58:02 pm
Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 22, 2016, 04:40:37 pm
What player?

Ballard...the only one not from guy

I believe Ballard played at Greenbrier last year, and just wonder what was the reason that he transferred to Guy?  Did his parents move into Guy's district, and/or is he Hutchcraft's grandson?   I don't know all the rules about School Choice, but I think there are some other rules when athletics are involved.  But, I would be really surprised if anything came of it, there have been some questionable move-ins in the past, Delph, and others, etc..that plus Hutchcraft's legend will likely prevent anything happening.

Made a legitimAte move into the district is what I hear, so none of the school choice applies

Chicky

January 23, 2016, 12:28:30 am #41 Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:57:44 am by Chicky
It's my understanding you can only school choice up to entering your sophomore year and be eligible to participate in AAA sanctioned activities.  I've been out of school a long time and Hutch was always accused of pulling the Conway kids, then, what is different now?  I don't blame kids for skipping down the road to play for a winning program, or to just get to play and contribute in a lower classification school.  I also understand when such kids leave a district and the "traitor" mentality sets in.  This to shall pass.   One more thing, the Bay and Guy posters on here could learn a lesson from the Nemo folks about home growin' 'em and being humble about winning.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Chicky on January 23, 2016, 12:28:30 am
It's my understanding you can only school choice up to entering your sophomore year and be eligible to participate in AAA sanctioned activities.  I've been out of school a long time and Hutch was always accused of pulling the Conway kids, then, what is different now?  I don't blame kids for skipping down the road to play for a winning program, or to just get to play and contribute in a lower classification school.  I also understand when such kids leave a district and the "traitor" mentality sets in.  This to shall pass.   One more thing, the Bay and Guy posters on here could learn a lesson from the Nemo folks about home growin' 'em and being humble about winning.   

Nemo had a move in ftom guy last year that was 6th or 7th in their rotation...and pretty sure one of the starters moved in from bee branch in junior high.   

Chicky

I was more referring to the humble part than the move in part and IMHO, 7th in the rotation and coming in in jr. high  is a little different than Watson and Ballard. 

PuddlePirate12

It is true that Nemo acts like they've done it before. Maybe they have? They'll probably do it again

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 23, 2016, 10:59:13 am
It is true that Nemo acts like they've done it before. Maybe they have? They'll probably do it again

Just maybe lol

Central Ark

Nemo had boys transfer from Morrilton last year

Central Ark

If there is a legit move into the district, he is eligible. However, the rumor is that he is not living in the address provided in the district.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Central Ark on January 23, 2016, 11:30:24 am
If there is a legit move into the district, he is eligible. However, the rumor is that he is not living in the address provided in the district.

That ought to be easy for investigators to check

ErnestTBass

What investigators?? You mean like from the AAA?? I'm assuming you mean the trailer they have rented over there on 65?? Lights and water is on but as the story goes there ain't nobody home!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas