• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scores 1/8

Started by Blueway, January 09, 2016, 11:47:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueway

Heard there were some close games last night. Who all played?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Blueway on January 09, 2016, 11:47:20 am
Heard there were some close games last night. Who all played?

Guy beat MVE...was alot closer than the first time too...

Blueway

Like how close? Did they just get lucky or...

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Blueway on January 09, 2016, 03:40:08 pm

Was less than 10..never got a final score on it...but considering guy won by 36 at mt vernon....from the texts it sounded like mve, played good and had a good gameplan....

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: HF on January 09, 2016, 04:14:12 pm
Quote from: Blueway on January 09, 2016, 03:40:08 pm

Was less than 10..never got a final score on it...but considering guy won by 36 at mt vernon....from the texts it sounded like mve, played good and had a good gameplan....

Maxpreps has it 76-68

StateChamps09

Mve did a lot better, however the game was farther apart then the score showed ..

Blueway

"The game was farther apart than the score showed"?? An 8 point game is close regardless. Heard guy had to stall in the end

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Blueway on January 15, 2016, 04:28:49 pm
"The game was farther apart than the score showed"?? An 8 point game is close regardless. Heard guy had to stall in the end

Same thing I heard

Thechosen1

My prediction right now is that guy however might beat bay in the semis in a close one, but will not win it all just because of the fact that they haven't played anyone all year for competition while Emerson and bay are playing tough teams capable of beating them twice a week. Guy is a good team don't get me wrong though.

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: Thechosen1 on January 15, 2016, 04:54:34 pm
My prediction right now is that guy however might beat bay in the semis in a close one, but will not win it all just because of the fact that they haven't played anyone all year for competition while Emerson and bay are playing tough teams capable of beating them twice a week. Guy is a good team don't get me wrong though.

I'm pulling for a bay vs Emerson rematch myself

PuddlePirate12

Although an undefeated Guy vs undefeated Emerson would be neat. How often has two undefeated boys teams met in the finals?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 15, 2016, 10:00:23 pm
Although an undefeated Guy vs undefeated Emerson would be neat. How often has two undefeated boys teams met in the finals?

Not since I've been following 1a ball....the undefeated teams usually get exposed in first or second round

StateChamps09

Well considering I was at the game, and it never was "in question" in who was gonna win. Had you been at the game, and seen the game play, and not looked at the score board you would have thought it was a twbty point game... And I'm sorry not playing anyone good?! Your kidding right? You know who yhwu defeated tonight? Providence academy... A team that would SMASH any team I've seen this year. Do y'all really hate guy bad enough to bash them that bad?  Mean there all kids. Let's keep that in mind..

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 15, 2016, 10:41:20 pm
Well considering I was at the game, and it never was "in question" in who was gonna win. Had you been at the game, and seen the game play, and not looked at the score board you would have thought it was a twbty point game... And I'm sorry not playing anyone good?! Your kidding right? You know who yhwu defeated tonight? Providence academy... A team that would SMASH any team I've seen this year. Do y'all really hate guy bad enough to bash them that bad?  Mean there all kids. Let's keep that in mind..

Not even when it was 0-0?!?! That's confidence

StateChamps09

StateChamps09

Don't troll me. Ill give it right back ;)

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: StateChamps09 on January 15, 2016, 10:55:29 pm
Don't troll me. Ill give it right back ;)

I care lol. And you said it not me

yesteryearman

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on January 15, 2016, 10:00:23 pm

In looking at Emerson's schedule I think it highly unlikely they will go undefeated, with road games at Junction City, Kirby and Blevins, and then playing Nevada  in District and Kirby/Nevada in Regional.  Guy apparently has only one game left on schedule with a capable team, but that is ICC at home.  I agree that the schedules for Emerson and Bay, down the stretch appear to be more difficult than Guy's.  Thus, it is highly likely that Guy will be the only undefeated team in state tournament.  That could be a good or ominous burden to bear, especially when they will face a tested Bay team.    I think it would be tough pill to swallow, ending up forty-something and one, having not made it to state finals.   And in addition to having to face Bay, they would first likely have to beat Nevada, Kirby or Emerson in earlier round. 

yesteryearman

I don't think there are any Guy haters on here, that is usually reserved for Bay.  Certainly Guy's program and coach has earned the respect of 1A basketball thru the year.  It just sounds like some are ready to hand the trophy to Guy, and those of us who have followed Bay, Emerson, and others the last couple of years are suggesting some restraint to crowning Guy this early.  There will likely be some teams at state tournament who are capable of handing Guy that first (and maybe only) defeat of the year.  If Guy ends up undefeated having won it all then congrats to them.  We will see how it plays out.  I have no dog in the fight, but I have seen Emerson and Nevada play, and saw Bay last year and know how capable their program is.  IMO it will be a tough assignment to face Bay, or other capable teams in state tournament undefeated.

Ctucker

I think Guy has played some pretty good teams didn't they beat three rivers and Dardanelle and win the yell county tournament?

Ctucker

PuddlePirate12

I don't feel like Emerson will be undefeated myself. They've basically clinched 1 seed in district. No real need to beat a team like Blevins or JC. Other than the good competition but chances are if you haven't got stuff figured out and guys clicking by now you won't. It would be dumb to play starters full games that aren't really benefiting anyone. But at the same time nobody wants to take that first loss. But i feel like they're very capable of being undefeated come state. They've already beaten every team they have remaining on the schedule except TC and Blevins. @Kirby is gonna be a 4 point loss even if Emerson dominates the game. It seems to turn out that way anyway. Not really dominate but they definitely get some bad breaks at the worst possible times there. I'd like to see how much Kirby boys have improved.

StateChamps09

Quote from: Ctucker on January 16, 2016, 04:58:40 am
I think Guy has played some pretty good teams didn't they beat three rivers and Dardanelle and win the yell county tournament?

Yes they did

Blueway

January 17, 2016, 01:00:32 pm #23 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:36:26 am by Blueway
K

Bristol

I was at the game also. The final score showed an 8 point difference but I never felt like MVE would have a chance to win that game. The only reason it got as close as it did was because  guy couldn't make free throws and, as strange as this may sound, the refs gave mve, the road team, several calls that kept the score close. I'm not a guy fan but they won that game easily.

StateChamps09

Quote from: Blueway on January 17, 2016, 01:00:32 pm

Well I'm not sure how an 8 point deficit doesn't feel close or feels like 20.... Especially when the other team stalls... There is no way it doesn't feel close if the other team stalls..... And remember, the mve team has 2 playing juniors and the rest are sophomores...
[/quote .

That's the thing there was no stall? Guy held the ball for the last 30 seconds for a last second shot like hutch does at Tue end of every quarter of every game... Some call it a stall I guess, but its what he's always done... The man has two or three plays and he always runs the same one at the end of quarters and always has...

StateChamps09

Quote from: Bristol on January 17, 2016, 06:36:00 pm
I was at the game also. The final score showed an 8 point difference but I never felt like MVE would have a chance to win that game. The only reason it got as close as it did was because  guy couldn't make free throws and, as strange as this may sound, the refs gave mve, the road team, several calls that kept the score close. I'm not a guy fan but they won that game easily.

Thank you. This is what most would have seen, had they been at the game... Lol

Blueway

January 17, 2016, 09:37:02 pm #27 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 11:36:58 am by Blueway
P

StateChamps09

Was the game, as far as you seen ever in question? That was my point... I just used twenty as a reference... You said it all in your post... The game felt farther apart then 8 points was the point I was trying to make. The overall feeling at the game was that it was over.

Blueway

I agree with you. Thought guy would win unless something crazy happened but the game geeked really close to me. Lots of energy on both sides

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas